Post-Game Talk: Slafstudsky and Slick Nick lead the way as Habs defeat the Ducks

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Hi Habs fans question about Slafkovsky - what exactly has been the strategy for player development there? is he on the top line this year? is that where he was last year too? just trying to understand. nice to see him do well! cheers
Slafkovsky, at every new level in his career, has needed some time to adapt. Slovakia juniors, Slovakia national team, Liiga, etc. Slow starts but then figures it out. It seems it's the same in the NHL.

He was placed on the 1st line in december (IIRC) and has progressively developed a chemistry with Suzuki. Last year and at tge beginning of this one (coming back from injury), you could see that he was lost or a step late on plays. Then he started to get acclimated. He wasnt burning villages on the first line at first but you could see him starting to understand the game more and getting chances, also using his big body more to his advantage. Since the last 10-15 games it's finally showing on the score sheet.

Edit : honestly, it's kind of scary how good he is for a 19 year old. The progression from earlier this year and last season to now points a promising trajectory. Imagine at 25, having finished developing physically? It's pretty exciting as a Habs fan, I dont even know who was the last big-bodied 1st line talent we've had in the system. Leclair?

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That was fun.
My buddy had me rolling in the aisles.
After watching Slaf have his way with his long reach 3 or 4 times he dubbed him "Your Ice Slafkovsky" :laugh:

Not much to say other than the Ducks just don't give a damn.
I'm not even sure why they were fighting given how little they care about playing hockey.
Our boy Nick could have had 5 points easily in this one if Cole could bury his glorious opportunities.

As far as I'm concerned I'm two for two this season I bowed out of watching that Tampa Bay game earlier this season.
Tonight I saw Suzuki and Slaf put up 3 points each Brandon Gignac score his first NHL goal and Cayden Primeau record his first shut out.
Not to mention 3 fights. :D
Not Bad at all.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Ducks were so bad I am weary of praising the Habs much. The PP has been looking much improved for quite a few games now. I believe that part will stick in the coming games. It's funny that apart the 1st line and the defensemen, the few players contributing positively are... Jake Evans, Joel Armia and Brandon Gignac.

Would have been a hard one to predict in October!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Looks like I missed a good one.

However, game is being replayed right now on « express » mode, on RDS, so I’ll gladly catch up.
Watch for complete Yoel domination. It was beautiful.

So that line-up in the GDT truly did wonders!
Lol, I know, right? Just shows ya that MSL has no clue. Took him 2+ years to figure that out.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Kova is a good teammate and a pretty underrated D. He's +6 for the season.
That is insane considering how shitty Habs are in their own end. I agree though. Kova is a solid bottom pair dman. Maybe he too should get some lessons for whoever Xhekaj took lessons from.

I only have time for the 10 minute recap, RDS is only the full game, so I got the Bally Sports feed, with the friggin names over the players when they have the puck. Even for 10 minutes it's killing me.
YouTube usually has 10 minutes SN recap.

Reactions: Pomee and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
4 1/2 I believe... Guhle, Struble, X and Kova. Savard did something loosely resembling being mad in the first but didn't drop 'em.

I hope they all apologized.
We’ve seen that apologies don’t work all that well with Napoléon de St-Louis.

Instead, best to maintain your dignity and pretend nothing happened.:sarcasm:

Jack Spider

Jun 2, 2022
Where does Dach play on pp1 next year? He likes to move around the offensive zone carrying the puck which none of the main 3 do well right now. Who will play bumper?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We see CC getting a better rounded player but all the pucks retrieved and maintained in the zone by Slaf makes a hell of a difference on puck possession. He's really coming into his own and what shines thru is thrilling.
Marty made a big deal about this in his presser.
His words were "pucks aren't dying on sticks" in the Ozone.
Something we've all become too familiar with for what seems like forever.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

bizarro bip

ubxAql.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad