Post-Game Talk: Slafstudsky and Slick Nick lead the way as Habs defeat the Ducks

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Awesome game.

1st shutout since February 14, 2023 (Allen, 4-0 vs Chicago), so one day under a year.

Congratulations to Primeau on his 1st career shutout. It was an easy one, but whatever. I hope he's enjoying it.

Congratulations to Gignac on his 1st career NHL goal, and to Evans for his 1st career game winning goal.

Slafkovsky was just awesome tonight. I just love this kid!

Suzuki is rolling.

Fun game. Good win.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Loved to see the Habs respond physically tonight to the Ducks trying to take some liberties out there.

Kovacevic stepping up on Carrick for the late hit on Guhle was great. Anaheim had their tough guys on the ice, looking for trouble and the big man, with two fights in two games (both in the last 5 minutes of each game) took care of business.

Guhle himself going after Henrique and swinging for the fences. Struble and Johnston at the end of the game.

This reminded of the glory years and the Habs taking care of business with the Bruins and Flyers. The Habs always had a great mix of skill and toughness so they could take play the game any way the opponents wanted, and still excel. Tonight we saw a glimpse of what the future holds and it was great to see. Suzuki is looking like Bergeron-lite, Slafkovsky is slowly turning into a star, Caufield seemed to have 15 shots on net and the boys finally got a win after a pair of losses at home.

I wouldn’t move Kovacevic at all, I like what he brings and he’s incredibly cheap still. I would definitely move David Savard while he still has value and retain on the deal to maximize the return.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Awesome game.

1st shutout since February 14, 2023 (Allen, 4-0 vs Chicago), so one day under a year.

Congratulations to Primeau on his 1st career shutout. It was an easy one, but whatever. I hope he's enjoying it.

Congratulations to Gignac on his 1st career NHL goal, and to Evans for his 1st career game winning goal.

Slafkovsky was just awesome tonight. I just love this kid!

Suzuki is rolling.

Fun game. Good win.
I always appreciate your post game summaries. Wanted to give you more than a like or love tonight. :toothless

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Also, I should mention, it's the 2nd consecutive game where Struble got a 10 minute misconduct near the end of the game (he got one after the Guhle hit against St. Louis). Struble went after Scandella who made the hit. This time he crosschecked Johnston at the end of the game. Kid is a stand-up guy who doesn't pick his spots.

It's also the 2nd consecutive game where Kovacevic fought late in the game.

The Habs stand up for each other, and there's definately toughness on D. Just need a bit more upfront. Hopefully, Tuch & Xhekaj the younger can make it on our 4th line.

eurodin

Nov 1, 2017
I was at the game behind the bench and saw a lot of the game.

It was a very fun game with goals and fights. 1st line was clicking.

The ducks are very bad, AHL level bad. I can't emphasize this enough.

Struble, Wifi, Kovacevic as bottom 3 pairings are fine. No more Harris, But we have a very weak top 3 Core. Sure, Ghule will mature, but Savard with his age and lack of speed can't crack top 3.

our 2rd, 3rd, 4th line invisible. Apart from Armia we don't have top 9 talent. Anderson invisible. We have a lot of good/great 4th liners on the team.

We have good team toughness with Anderson, Wifi, Strubs, Kova. It has been a while where I saw 4 guys could mix it up. Pezatte needs to add 20lbs of muscle.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Hi Habs fans question about Slafkovsky - what exactly has been the strategy for player development there? is he on the top line this year? is that where he was last year too? just trying to understand. nice to see him do well! cheers
They kept him in the NHL and played him for a long time in the bottom 6. They only tried him with Suzuki and Caufield sometime this season. Now he’s on the top line.

Development strategy was an ongoing argument. AHL or NHL. He looked lost in his first season.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Reinbacher too.

Well we probably add a nice piece with our 2024 1st round pick . Probably a top 10 pick.

We also have another 1st round pick . Hughes might trade it for a young player.

Finally , we’ll have cap space after next year to add a nice UFA . Calgary 1st round pick is also probably a mid 1st minimum .

Lost of ammunition to add to your list !!

Add the likely of Beck, maybe Mesar, possibly Engstrom, Konyuskov, Fowler. It's looking good lately!

I remember the drafts from the Moen era... bruh it was dark back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad