Post-Game Talk: Slafstudsky and Slick Nick lead the way as Habs defeat the Ducks

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Loved everything about this but it was a bit annoying hearing Pierre and Marc whining about the fighting at the end. lol
I record the French and English broadcasts and they are all annoying. I would prefer they stick to calling the game and chip in occasionally with the stats and what not. But they have a tendency to have conversions with one another like no one else is around,stfu and do the pay by play.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Here's a question,is Gallagher leadership missed? I forgot all about him and they look better without him.
What leadership? Do you mean when he's being a dirty little bitch in the corners, when he's whining to the refs, when he shoots in the goalie's crest from a stupid angle, or when he's going back to the bench while gliding, huffing and puffing?

Oh, you probably mean when he's distributing hits to the head for not f***ing reason, my bad.

Yeah, I'm sure they miss him

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
What leadership? Do you mean when he's being a dirty little bitch in the corners, when he's whining to the refs, when he shoots in the goalie's crest from a stupid angle, or when he's going back to the bench while gliding, huffing and puffing?

Oh, you probably mean when he's distributing hits to the head for not f***ing reason, my bad.

Yup, I loved Gallagher when he 1st got here and for a long time, but it's been 2 seasons now that I just can't wait for him to GTFO of here..

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024

I've read here that he is worth every penny though.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

He could have meant when he falls down 5 times per shift too

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't think I've seen someone with this blend of size and skill before in my decades of following the team.

Although kovalev was really strong, and he doesn't get credit for it, but he was more like 6'2ish.

Latendresse had skill and size, but couldn't skate.

I don't think anyone saw what leclair was going to become in Philly. He had his moments in Montreal but at that point, he didn't look to have the same offensive package.

I'll also throw in zubrus. He had some pretty good skill and was a huge guy, but it never quite came together for him as far as being a top line threat.
Did you see Richer? Damn he was good. He could’ve been an all time great player but mental health got in the way. One of my favourite players ever.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Such a nice feel-good game last night!! A lot of good elements to look forwards to with the team going forward. Slaf just keeps getting better and better. His craftiness and body positioning on the boards just keeps improving by the second. Starting to think his ceiling will be much higher than I initially expected.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
It's very evident what adding Newhook and Gignac while removing Monahan and Gallagher does for our team speed.
Monahan was a great leader for this young developing team. But it was a luxury and fit that we couldn’t afford. Hughes’ ability in securing a further first round draft choice for Monahan was a masterful stroke of asset management.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Did you see Richer? Damn he was good. He could’ve been an all time great player but mental health got in the way. One of my favourite players ever.

Yes I remember him. Richer, Roy and Courtnall were my first memories of favourite players.

Your right, I missed including him. He was big , but I don't think he was in the 6'3 or larger range, was he?

He was strong nonetheless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad