Confirmed with Link: Skinner traded to Buffalo for 2nd, 3rd, 6th, and prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Guess the market was truly terrible for Jeff. The quote from Waddell in the press release seems to underscore that. Still find it hard to believe we couldn't get a 1st from anyone, even if we had to add another small piece on our end. Whatever, won't end up being a huge difference between BUF's 2nd and a late 1st. Definitely need to get a hockey trade for Faulk now though.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Guess the market was truly terrible for Jeff. The quote from Waddell in the press release seems to underscore that. Still find it hard to believe we couldn't get a 1st from anyone, even if we had to add another small piece on our end. Whatever, won't end up being a huge difference between BUF's 2nd and a late 1st. Definitely need to get a hockey trade for Faulk now though.

Yeah compare it to something like:

Pittsburgh 1st + Sprong

Really not that far off from Pu + Buffalo 2nd. Plus the Canes don’t help a division rival.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well now we need to Faulk for a forward.

I hope they do. They could get a longterm F+ future assets for players they aren't keeping, smart for longterm building and giving them a shot at playoffs next season.

But if this stays as just 1 trade I don't like it, the value feels too little.
Unless they are confident Pu becomes a top6 player.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Buffalo is not a good team. The 2019 2nd will be high. There shouldn't be a huge difference between say Pittsburgh's 1st and that pick.

Still, I'm a disappointed fan. I would have been willing to forgo that type of return for the 1 year of Skinner. It's time to move on from asset accumulation mode. I guess the FO disagrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad