Speculation: skinner: PIT, LA, BOS, SJS Faulk: MTL, DET, EDM

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
We can afford both if we want, assuming we are sending a player back of some kind.
Oh I'm sure I'm just saying those were my predictions before the rumors began. I would like him in San Jose but I think Pittsburgh got him and as for Justin Faulk Edmonton needs help.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So dumb seeing the Habs brought up for any D. We need LHD. Not RHD. We have Weber and Petry already, unless they know something about Weber’s foot that they’re not making public.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
What's the asking price on Faulk? I'd like to see him in Detroit but I imagine a Nyquist/Athanasiou/E. Svechnikov package is nowhere close and Larkin/Zadina are probably untouchable.

The asking price is ridiculous to much they want and not enough in return

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Are you Yoda?

It's been reported what there asking or looking for. There was no way Chicago was going to do a straight up trade saad for faulk. Saads a 2 time cup winner, top 6 guy he plays a great two way game, faulk isn't equal to saad straight up.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
I'm not invested in the idea, so it won't phase me either way.
But I will break a rib laughing when it's announced Sunday night that Skinner has been dealt to St. Louis, especially when you Carolina fans start crying about the return.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
It's been reported what there asking or looking for. There was no way Chicago was going to do a straight up trade saad for faulk. Saads a 2 time cup winner, top 6 guy he plays a great two way game, faulk isn't equal to saad straight up.
So is Dan Carcillo, doesn't mean anything to value. Faulk is a top 4 Dmen which equals top 6. Last season wasnt the best, but on a team like Chicago, he could get his step back to where he was two years ago and become that two way defenseman with a great shot. I'm a firm believer that last year was a fluke and he still has decent value.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'm not invested in the idea, so it won't phase me either way.
But I will break a rib laughing when it's announced Sunday night that Skinner has been dealt to St. Louis, especially when you Carolina fans start crying about the return.

What is a return you’d expect versus one you’d think was bad for STL? I don’t think the two teams have discussed an actual trade much.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
What is a return you’d expect versus one you’d think was bad for STL? I don’t think the two teams have discussed an actual trade much.
We could discuss what might be a fair trade. I've not seen Skinner connected to the Blues since day 1 of the draft. Back then I was proposing STL deal:

-the 2019 WPG 1st, OR STL 2020 1st
-Thompson
-A defenseman prospect, OR 2020 2nd
-ONE of Berglund/Sobotka

for

-Skinner
-2020 3rd or 4th.

Which, given Skinner's contract status, would probably have been the best offer on the table.

Now, post-draft, I'd offer:

-the 2020 1st
-Thompson
-Plus ONE of:
----Allen
----Gunnarsson+Jaskin
----or Sobotka

for

-Skinner
--2020 2nd

Which I think would be a fair deal. But I'm not in charge.

If Doug Armstrong is bidding, my guess is that he'll offer one of Berglund/Sobotka, Blais or Thompson, plus a 2nd. Carolina fans will feel miffed if that deal gets accepted. But Doug Armstrong has pulled off some doozies.

Edit: what are the chances your team would have interest in a year of Jay Bouwmeester? Mind you, he has a NMC, same as Skinner.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
So is Dan Carcillo, doesn't mean anything to value. Faulk is a top 4 Dmen which equals top 6. Last season wasnt the best, but on a team like Chicago, he could get his step back to where he was two years ago and become that two way defenseman with a great shot. I'm a firm believer that last year was a fluke and he still has decent value.

Yeah the same could be said about Connor murphy who was a top 6 d playing in arizona and would get his step back coming to chicago. We can see how that worked out lol.

Faulk is a risky deal and not a sure bet to give up such a big asset. Considering the bone head moves Stans done in the past by giving up some great assets and getting stuck with guys who never rose to that so called potential.

To me a lot of teams want a rhd but so far nobody has pulled the trigger assuming the asking price is a bit to rich with the uncertainty

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I heard the Pens are looking at trying to get Skinner. I read that your GM said the asking price is a 1st round pick and a prospect. I would be willing to do that even though Skinner is a rental. Some place I read it looked like the Canes had interest in Jarry. I was wondering if a 1st and Jarry would be something that could work. Also thought about 1st and Sprong. The only problem with these type deals is that I think the Pens would have to trade salary in some other deal if the rumor is true that we are signing Johnson on Sunday. We could make this deal now but not if that is true.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It was all over twitter 4 days ago. Although I am unable to remember or track down the original source so I would just label it as a light rumor or speculation. Usually when I can't trace it down it comes from a Canadian radio station so I'm not fully sure of its legitimacy. Although it was everywhere.

If it comws from a Canadian radio station, it's legitimate because that means it's coming from TSN or sportsnet, if it comes from TSN it's money in the bank.

If it comes from Sportsnet as long as John Shannon isn't the source it's solid.

TSN is superior though

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Maatta+Jarry+pick for Skinner?

I saw it would take a first and a prospect so I doubt the Pens do that. I could see 1st and Jarry which fits what the Canes asking price is. Maatta signed for several more years has more value than Skinner as a rental with a team that has limited trading partners due to his NTC. Skinner gave a very small list so who knows if those other teams on the list are even interested in him? I also don't see the Canes needing another defenseman and in fact are looking to move one not add one. I see something like 1st round pick and Jarry or 1st round pick and Sprong. I think the Pens could trade Maatta if they had another trade for a different defenseman but the Canes most likely would not be the team. Everything I read so far has been 1st and a prospect. Canes have very little leverage in this with the few trading partners available. It sucks for them, Pens have been in those situations in the past like Jagr deal and also been on the good end of it with the Kessel deal when he pretty much said Pens or nothing. Jackets are in the same situation with the bread man only willling to go to a few teams. Never get near full value in these situations. Sucks but true.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I'd LOVE to have Skinner in Black & Gold, but that package is WAYYYYYY too much.

That would not be the package even their own sources said 1st and a prospect so don't worry it would not cost that package. Would you give a 1st and Jarry? I would, all in, worry about the future later.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00