Speculation: skinner: PIT, LA, BOS, SJS Faulk: MTL, DET, EDM

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I highly doubt faulk or skinner get moved Carolinas asking price alone for faulk is over the top to rich that no sensible team would be willing to gut there team for him.

If a team wants a sure bet they could pursue Karlsson.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Well according to reports Skinner has already nixed 2 trades, one to Stl and one to I think Van?

His NTC is pretty strong and really limiting what Car is able to do.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I highly doubt faulk or skinner get moved Carolinas asking price alone for faulk is over the top to rich that no sensible team would be willing to gut there team for him.

If a team wants a sure bet they could pursue Karlsson.
You do understand now negotiations work, right? Ask for what you want, then go down from there with what teams bite.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

FunkyColdZadina

Jun 26, 2018
What's the asking price on Faulk? I'd like to see him in Detroit but I imagine a Nyquist/Athanasiou/E. Svechnikov package is nowhere close and Larkin/Zadina are probably untouchable.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Source? Last thing I heard is that Skinner hasnt been asked, therefore a deal hasn't been in place.

It was all over twitter 4 days ago. Although I am unable to remember or track down the original source so I would just label it as a light rumor or speculation. Usually when I can't trace it down it comes from a Canadian radio station so I'm not fully sure of its legitimacy. Although it was everywhere.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It was all over twitter 4 days ago. Although I am unable to remember or track down the original source so I would just label it as a light rumor or speculation. Usually when I can't trace it down it comes from a Canadian radio station so I'm not fully sure of its legitimacy. Although it was everywhere.
The local beat writer for the Canes said that the Canes still haven't asked Skinner to waive for any team yet. This was a few days ago.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1...he-oilers-than-a-free-agent-signing-1.1122566

Skip to ~11:30. LeBrun, expressing his opinion mind you, sounded skeptical in connecting Faulk and Edmonton at this point.

Faulk has an impending NTC that Edmonton is highly likely to be on the wrong side of. If the Oilers aren't interested now, perhaps this puts an end to the 2.5 years of speculation about that particular trade.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Faulk & Habs don’t make sense.

Doubt Habs are moving Weber or Petry...no room for him

Yeah, unless Petry gets moved (or Weber, but that's not gonna happen), I don't see how the Habs could afford to have an interest in Faulk. Right-handed defensemen is probably the only thing we don't need.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I think Justin Faulk is headed to Edmonton and Skinner is going to Pittsburgh unless the sharks don't land Tavares.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
TFP regurgitating the past 1-2 weeks worth of rumors from more legit sources. Half of the teams don't make sense because they have already made moves. Trash speculation.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad