Confirmed Trade: [SJS/BUF] E.Kane for D. O'Regan, 2019 cond. 1st/2nd round, 2019/2020 cond. 4th/3rd round [MOD 274]

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Bad fit. Love that the Sharks are pissing away assets though. Let's see what he cost...
O'Regan and the conditional 4th aren't exactly "assets." And Kane has speed and shooting ability that we desperately need. A conditional 1st in 2019? f*** yeah I'll take that deal.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If Kane re-signs this trade works out for Buffalo BUT if he doesn't than Buffalo gave up a serviceable winger who plays hard every game for late picks in a most likely light draft which wont see the NHL til 2021/2022 if they even receive a contract offer and a potential AHL star, NHL fringe player to join the ranks of failure NHL fringe players like Baptiste/Bailey and Fasching.

Considering how bad the Sabres scouting staff has been over the years and how many misses, not hitting on anyone outside of the 1st round in ages. These picks will probably become worthless; f*** the Buffalo Sabres.

Waste of my last 8 years they have been and I have nothing to look forward to this season or next so far.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Botterill gambled by not trading Kane earlier, when he was red hot and producing, thinking he could get more at the deadline. Unfortunately Kane 's production dried up and the market softened. The return the Sabres got in the end is just horrible considering what they paid to get Kane. As a season ticket holder in Buffalo I am deeply disappointed, the Rangers got more for Grabner for crying out loud.

Not optimistic in the Sabres future under the new GM...
Could you fill me in on the trade offer for Kane that was available earlier? I try to follow the Sabres closely but never heard of this.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Sharks just don’t have a clue what they are doing
I think you're rather clueless about the Sharks if you don't understand how this was good for them.

Kane has a very good chance of integrating well with the team and becoming a key piece for a nice playoff push at the very least. He is friends with Thornton, there's definitely a chance he stays.
Considering the Pacific division is kind of a joke right now this is the type of deal to make. And with those conditions re-signing him or not is basically a win/win.

Outside of the Tampa Bay blockbuster this was probably the steal of the TDL.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
This is a roll of the dice move. SJ thinks they can make it work. Kane gets a fresh start.

I bet Kane refused Vancouver. I think Benning wanted him. I think Kane has legitimate concerns.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It's not a surprise Kane didn't return as much as expected.. teams always worry how players mesh with the team.

For SJS though i think it's a great deal. They have a ton of character veteran leadership and Kane should fall into more of a secondary role, listening instead of talking.

We can bash Botterill for the return but if this was the best deal he got what can he do?

Reactions: robertocarlos

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
Would have rather him trading Kane when he should have earlier in the season rather than coming up with a ridiculous ask that no one with any sensible thinking wouldn't laugh at. He ****ed up as he waited too late. And I called it ages ago.

more likely that there was never a big market.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
It's a good trade in that SJ is a bubble team and making the playoffs will pay at the gate. They will evaluate Kane and maybe sign him long term.
Kane should be happy on the left coast.

Reactions: CrypTic

Hawkster58

Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Visit site
Here's hoping Kane goes on a tear. The guy gets **** on for no reason.

Amen to that, guys that can skate, shoot and play physical like him are hard to find, he was Buffalo's best player in the first half of the season. I for one will miss him, you Shark's fans will love him, the room in SJ should help him.

Just terribly disappointed in the return.

Reactions: jetsforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad