Confirmed with Link: [SJ/Buf] Evander Kane to Sharks for Dan O'Regan, Cndt'l 2019 1st, Cndt'l 2020 4th

Jul 10, 2010
I feel like Meier and Kane are interchangeable depending on who develops chemistry with whom.
I think Kane should be the "first shoot option" or the F3 if you prefer, and i dont think he would be that with Pavelski.

Id probably try Kane with Tierney and LaBanc/Boedker first and go from there.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I’ve been frustrated watching the sharks making the extra pass instead of putting the puck on net in high percentage scoring areas. I hope Kane keeps that same shoot first mentality Sabres fans are labeling him with instead of trying to fit in with the sharks and conform to their passive ways.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I’ve been frustrated watching the sharks making the extra pass instead of putting the puck on net in high percentage scoring areas. I hope Kane keeps that same shoot first mentality Sabres fans are labeling him with instead of trying to fit in with the sharks and conform to their passive ways.

They'll drive it out of him eventually :D

Still excited about this. Can't wait to see him tonight. Sadly I gave these tickets to my brother and his wife. I really need to pay attention to when the TDL happens and which game is being played afterwards next time lol.

Reactions: WSS11 and Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
cant wait to see kane in action for team teal.
there are some tantalizingly heavy impact lines that could be constructed with him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like this for the Sharks.

I know he's kind of a weird dude, but he's a very, very good hockey player.

And my god, does he look good in teal. It's his color.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
His interview was interesting this AM. he said Jumbo picked him up from the airport and that he knows Jumbo through Burns. Also, Pavs has already mentioned that he played with Kane in Switzerland.

In another interview yesterday, DW had mentioned that he actually talked to vets (including Pavs) before trading for Kane and everyone was for it (not that I would expect DW to say anything different).

Reactions: ChompChomp

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick (Eichel, Kane, Pominville)

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick (Eichel and Kane)

In case you needed any evidence that he's a damn good player.

For those who don't know what this stuff means, let me explain. Basically, Evander Kane spent a lot of time with Jack Eichel, who is an elite #1C, and the two of them spent a lot of time with Jason Pominville. As a trio, they actually managed a positive goals for percentage, despite an awful save percentage plus shooting percentage; this is due to their insane puck possession as a trio. Given the fact that Eichel is by far Buffalo's top player, and draws top competition every single night, this proves Kane can go head to head with top comp and win the possession battle.

Without Evander Kane, the duo of Jack Eichel and Jason Pominville had 10% less of the shot attempts for, 20% less of the unblocked shot attempts for, and 25% less of the shots on goal for! The trio of Kane, Eichel, and Pominville completely feasted on the opposition; their underlying numbers were almost as good as the Hertl, Thornton, Pavelski line of 2016. (In a smaller sample size - their 242 5v5 minutes as a trio says they spent about 15 games together.)

In addition, Kane's numbers without Eichel seem solid. They look worse without Eichel or Pominville but considering the horrible players that Kane was almost certainly with, you can cut him a bit of slack. His numbers without Eichel (50% SCF, 55.63% HDCF, almost 50% CF) are pretty solid and show that he is capable of putting up very good numbers if he is on a softer minutes scoring line and that he does not need a Jack Eichel level player to perform well.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick (Eichel, Kane, Pominville)

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick (Eichel and Kane)

In case you needed any evidence that he's a damn good player.

For those who don't know what this stuff means, let me explain. Basically, Evander Kane spent a lot of time with Jack Eichel, who is an elite #1C, and the two of them spent a lot of time with Jason Pominville. As a trio, they actually managed a positive goals for percentage, despite an awful save percentage plus shooting percentage; this is due to their insane puck possession as a trio. Given the fact that Eichel is by far Buffalo's top player, and draws top competition every single night, this proves Kane can go head to head with top comp and win the possession battle.

Without Evander Kane, the duo of Jack Eichel and Jason Pominville had 10% less of the shot attempts for, 20% less of the unblocked shot attempts for, and 25% less of the shots on goal for! The trio of Kane, Eichel, and Pominville completely feasted on the opposition; their underlying numbers were almost as good as the Hertl, Thornton, Pavelski line of 2016. (In a smaller sample size - their 242 5v5 minutes as a trio says they spent about 15 games together.)

In addition, Kane's numbers without Eichel seem solid. They look worse without Eichel or Pominville but considering the horrible players that Kane was almost certainly with, you can cut him a bit of slack. His numbers without Eichel (50% SCF, 55.63% HDCF, almost 50% CF) are pretty solid and show that he is capable of putting up very good numbers if he is on a softer minutes scoring line and that he does not need a Jack Eichel level player to perform well.

The most interesting thing I take away from these stats, is that the seeming consensus from Buf fans, so far, has been to keep Kane away from players like Thornton/Eichel. Supposedly because he kills possession by shooting everything, and being selfish w/the puck in that regard.

These stats paint a very different picture, as both Kane and Eichel are both worse off away from each, than with each other...Hmmmmm

Also it seems like Kane is the better possession player, which does frankly surprise me a little with how he has been described. However without knowing who each of them played with, when not with each other, that may be due to QoT.

Needless to say, Im very interested to see how he fits in here.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
You guys think resigning him is a possibility? he looks like a very nice long term fit on paper. He's going to score a bunch of goals down the stretch i think.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
You guys think resigning him is a possibility? he looks like a very nice long term fit on paper. He's going to score a bunch of goals down the stretch i think.

I think it's absolutely a possibility, and I doubt Wilson would have acquired him if he didn't think he would fit long term. Kane is playing for a contract now, so I expect that he will produce. I hope that he is not the type to let up after getting paid, but I guess we'll see.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I think it's absolutely a possibility, and I doubt Wilson would have acquired him if he didn't think he would fit long term. Kane is playing for a contract now, so I expect that he will produce. I hope that he is not the type to let up after getting paid, but I guess we'll see.

It's actually a great low risk move from you guys..this is the first time Kane will be surrounded with strong leadership in his career as well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad