SITE MIGRATION NOTICE (please read) & other related talk about format

Has the new layout of HFBoards resulted in you visiting less?

• Yes

Votes: 154 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 127 45.2%

• Total voters

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
It is hard to understand how HFBoards ended up with the least responsive theme. (I've seen hundreds).

Note: The Alerts is on the wrong line ... hidden.

upload_2018-1-21_10-0-40.png

My display.
Browser: Chrome.

upload_2018-1-21_10-2-28.png

Another example:

upload_2018-1-21_10-3-18.png

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Honestly the new platform has a lot of great features and is far more user friendly than the previous one. The only thing I hate is the skin, it's a serious eye sore. Clean that up and I think it'll be good.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
upload_2018-1-22_9-45-14.png

There is a missing area here. It should have a button that says "quote these messages".
But the whole area is not there.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Anyone else having problems recently with tweets not loading on Chrome?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Has anyone else noticed when posting a tweet or a YouTube video right after adding the code in and before clicking post reply, the screen goes up to the top page and you need to scroll back down to post it.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Has anyone else noticed when posting a tweet or a YouTube video right after adding the code in and before clicking post reply, the screen goes up to the top page and you need to scroll back down to post it.

I've seen this happen to me on Chrome once or twice.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
How does the ignore feature work if that person starts a thread? Does the thread still show up just without their post or is it gone altogether?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Mutli-quoting doesn't seem to work.

Also, having the articles on the front page is kind of annoying.

What problem are you having with multi?

Also, bookmark

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/

And it will take you directly to the main index

How does the ignore feature work if that person starts a thread? Does the thread still show up just without their post or is it gone altogether?

Im not sure on this. Will try to find out for you. Unless someone else chimes in first.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Im not sure on this. Will try to find out for you. Unless someone else chimes in first.
Threads created by users on your ignore list are ignored as well. You won't see those at all. You can copy urls of ignored threads while logged out and then paste them into address bar when next logged in to view them. I'd suggest watching the thread at that time too if it's something you want to follow like a GDT or something, as it'll appear in your watched threads section from there on while still being ignored when viewing whichever forum.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Threads created by users on your ignore list are ignored as well. You won't see those at all. You can copy urls of ignored threads while logged out and then paste them into address bar when next logged in to view them. I'd suggest watching the thread at that time too if it's something you want to follow like a GDT or something, as it'll appear in your watched threads section from there on while still being ignored when viewing whichever forum.
That was my concern to be honest, I don't remember it working like that on the old site, but this one does a much better job actually hiding the content from an ignored user.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
How to Strike-through.

upload_2018-1-26_10-16-56.png

test
test

upload_2018-1-26_10-19-31.png

Note. you can also manually use [ s ] [ /s ] tags as I did above.

For people who want to see the bbcodes for things .... (not the rich text editor).

Just click the TOOL icon
upload_2018-1-26_10-20-36.png

Reactions: SniperHF

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That was my concern to be honest, I don't remember it working like that on the old site, but this one does a much better job actually hiding the content from an ignored user.

even though sometimes you are like... what?!
when following a conversation haha

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Servers need to improve as core said but other than that, a lot of the issues I was having when the change first happened went away when I switched from Chrome to Firefox. For some reason Chrome took a stroke every time I visited this site after the change and the tweets and pictures people posted never displayed properly. It's definitely more functional than it used to be. Just like everything else it took a few weeks for me to figure it out. Seriously though, we were so lucky that trade deadline day was kind of a flop since a Plekanec trade took the site down for 6 hours.

It kind of felt like when facebook used to change their UI and people used to complain about it saying they'd stop using it... you know how that turned out lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad