SITE MIGRATION NOTICE (please read) & other related talk about format

Has the new layout of HFBoards resulted in you visiting less?

• Yes

Votes: 153 54.6%
  • No

Votes: 127 45.4%

• Total voters

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2017-11-8_14-32-28.png

40 trackers ?
1 blocked tracker (Ghostery only blocks really bad trackers)

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Paying to become a sponsor has made the site usable again. I will pay more if twitter can be fixed.

Let’s negotiate.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Threads with tweets in them have become glitchy for me in the last few days, anyone else has this issue?

worse than glitchy. if a single one loads on my page, i can scroll through infinity and still never get to the bottom of it.
@Buffaloed suggested this. Never experienced issue myself, nor been able to recreate it, so idk what's unique about your clients. If not, Firefox 57 also came out this week, so maybe try that browser if you're not married to a Chromium-based browser.

nofehr

Dec 17, 2012
I was getting the infinite scroll as well, but if you're on Chrome, right-click and hit 'inspect' and that solved it for me

Reactions: Maple Leafs

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I still miss the ignore thread feature from the old site - I won't be specific, but there are some pretty silly threads (and thread titles) sometimes, and it felt good using the ignore on them. But this is just an annoyance.

now I see that you don't see threads started by someone you have on ignore. Again without being specific, this means potentially not even seeing some of the Pre Game Talk, GDT, Post Game Talk, discussions about players, etc... This is an issue.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
What happened to the mobile view and is there a way to switch back from the standars desktop look?

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I still miss the ignore thread feature from the old site - I won't be specific, but there are some pretty silly threads (and thread titles) sometimes, and it felt good using the ignore on them. But this is just an annoyance.

now I see that you don't see threads started by someone you have on ignore. Again without being specific, this means potentially not even seeing some of the Pre Game Talk, GDT, Post Game Talk, discussions about players, etc... This is an issue.

I agree with you. For example, from time to time a baseball thread will appear in Leafs forum. I don't hate baseball, but, on the old site, I could just put it on ignore and then don't have to wade past it while reviewing threads that I might want to click on and read. As far as I know, (though the moderators I think are great) there is no place to voice complaints or to make suggestions.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I will make this very simple,

if you use Chrome + AdBlocker the website is totally broken. Not only is the font massive (yes you can zoom out) but any threads with a twitter link is totally broken. You have three options,

1) Switch to FireFox (or any other browser) and use any AdBlockers. The site works perfectly fine
2) Disable AdBlocker just for HFBoards
3) Download and use FireFox + AdBlock just for HFBoards

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
IMG_2594.PNG

These prefixes aren't useful and take up way too much room. The area should be collapsing

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Idk why they continually add things that push the desired content "below the fold", so to speak. There's too much excess there for my tastes between the header, ads, prefixes, and stickies. Preferences, at least, gives users the option to ignore thread prefixes now, so, for example, you can block non-hockey prefixes if you avoid those or value/proposal trade threads to cut through to the more media-based rumor mill and confirmed moves.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
upload_2017-12-19_7-57-5.png

The red dot keeps coming back despite I marking all articles read.
Note: there are no new articles.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@HamiltonNHL I can't help you there. I have those navigation tab displays disabled, but dot never returned incorrectly in the enabled test I ran right now. New comments on WJC threads didn't trigger it either. :dunno:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
@HamiltonNHL I can't help you there. I have those navigation tab displays disabled, but dot never returned incorrectly in the enabled test I ran right now. New comments on WJC threads didn't trigger it either. :dunno:

is there any way to have the person ignored - but not a thread they start (or - have the thread visible, but it says "content is bein blocked?" and have thread ignore back? that's seriously needed imo.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
is there any way to have the person ignored - but not a thread they start (or - have the thread visible, but it says "content is bein blocked?" and have thread ignore back? that's seriously needed imo.
No, not right now, but that would be ideal and hope is that gets rectified. Idk the specifics of individual add-ons used and conflicts, but it's never sounded like thread ignore will be returning because of conflicts. Threads can be ignored if you use an ad-blocker: hfboards.mandatory.com###thread-[threadid-goes-here-no-brackets] and prefix ignore should hopefully return whenever they style it better as that list was long and unorganized.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No, not right now, but that would be ideal and hope is that gets rectified. Idk the specifics of individual add-ons used and conflicts, but it's never sounded like thread ignore will be returning because of conflicts. Threads can be ignored if you use an ad-blocker: hfboards.mandatory.com###thread-[threadid-goes-here-no-brackets] and prefix ignore should hopefully return whenever they style it better as that list was long and unorganized.

ohoo thanks. i'll try to figure it out :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad