SITE MIGRATION NOTICE (please read) & other related talk about format

Has the new layout of HFBoards resulted in you visiting less?

• Yes

Votes: 153 54.6%
  • No

Votes: 127 45.4%

• Total voters

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
OLD:

hfboards.old.jpg

Idea:

hfboards.idea.jpg

Looks better.
Look at all the space saving.

Last edited:

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Would be cool if the sticky thread section could be 'closed'. Personally I don't care about the Raps, Jays, or even the city of Toronto for that matter.

I'd rather have a sticky section that held a location for each player.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

The Leafs Mods dont want that.
Infact they ditched the [player] prefix to make player threads hard to find.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
looking at other forums, i don't want a bucket of sticky stuff, but imo this is the Leafs board. it would be nice if the Leafs general discussion thread (thus eliminating a lot of multiple threads on info we're already talking in there) was stickied, the 5 game segment thing, was, and just. most leaf stuff and let the raptors thread, blue jays thread not be, I don't understand why on the Leafs board you have to go to page 2-3 to get what we need.

OR because we have so much traffic can we have our own subforum? i don't see why we don't.

Reactions: SoVi3t and BM14

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Would be cool if the sticky thread section could be 'closed'. Personally I don't care about the Raps, Jays, or even the city of Toronto for that matter.

Administrations directs Mods to use as few sticky thread as possible.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Administrations directs Mods to use a few sticky thread as possible.

so can the Leafs board have the Leafs things stickied, and the non leafs thing stickied next year, please? thank you.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
This site is unusable without an adblocker. I didn't realize mine was turned off for a few days (just thought the ads had gotten ahead of the current system), and I switched to using my phone it was so bad before I realized the site somehow got whitelisted.

Or you could pay the $12 a year to be a sponsor and avoid ads that way while still supporting the site.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It was doing that to me about a week ago, so I changed my bookmark for the site to start with https instead of http, that instantly fixed it for me. I’m using Safari and Chrome.

That worked for me on Opera......thanks for the tip. :thumbu:

Reactions: OddyOh

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I have Ad Block Plus for Safari and zero issues.

The server on busy days.......that's another topic.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Should go back to text based.

Everything would be much quicker and efficient.

I know you're joking but Usenet was infinitely better than this (unless you enjoy power tripping mods that are typically the biggest trolls watching over you). I refused to join a forum like this for over a decade until Usenet finally completely died. It's everything I expected. I especially like the new banner ads the last few days that take up half the screen and don't go away

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I know you're joking but Usenet was infinitely better than this (unless you enjoy power tripping mods that are typically the biggest trolls watching over you). I refused to join a forum like this for over a decade until Usenet finally completely died. It's everything I expected. I especially like the new banner ads the last few days that take up half the screen and don't go away

They had a text only option here I can't remember which iteration, might have been prior to the 2002 update when everyone had to rejoin.

Was much better for browsing at work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad