Single Game Playoff Ticket Sales

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
You're assuming current STH are NOT also Pens fans.

Well...there might be a handful of those. But really think it's a significant number?

Keep in mind that the tickets were rationed more to full/half season ticket holders, so some local Pens fans with 6 game packs still were pretty limited on access.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I just got an e-mail as a "Flagbearer" that I will get a presale code tomorrow at 10 a.m. for a presale

Living in Indy, I get to 1 or 2 games a year, especially with my son off to college.

My son will be home for Easter weekend, so games in the Thursday - Sunday range would be ones we could make. If the CBJ get home ice, it would seem Game 1 would be the 12th or 13th, game 2 would be the 14th or 15th.

He has a job lined up in Indy next year. We are talking about buying a quarter season plan - figure we could make the weekend games, sell a few and give a few to my niece who is also graduating college and has a job lined up in Columbus. She can take the Wednesday night in January game that we won't be able to drive three hours each way for.

CBJ offered a quarter season plan this year that included opening night and 9 Saturday night games (along with 1 preseason game). I do not know if opening night was required, but some other game other than a Saturday night, was required. There was no uptick in price - same as any other 1/4 season plan. This year's schedule and the low expectations made this doable from CBJ perspective late last summer, when the schedule was released and STH sales were down. That may not be an option for 2017-18, but thought you might find this of interest.

Dirtfloor

Oct 12, 2016
I was pretty disappointed at the ticket availability this morning. I thought they would NOT be resale tickets but that's all there were. Kept saying 'Team tickets are not on sale yet". Had to pay very premium prices for game 1 and game 2. Ouch!

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry to hear that some didn't get tickets, may have had issues or may not have been doing something right. I am a former full PSL holder so I have no pre-sale access. I had the same opportunities as the flag bearers and general public single game fans. I was prepared to be ready when the seats went on sale whether pre-sale eligible or when they went on sale to the general public today. In pre-sale I got lowers in section 119 for game 2 and 101 for game 3 although I am up at the top of the section. Today I scored section 105 for game 1. I wanted to be upstairs to save some money but that wasn't an option and the tickets were all but gone in 10ish minutes. I'm satisfied with what I got even if my summer golf fund took a serious hit. I won't have a golf fund when I have to get tickets for round 2, 3 and 4 :naughty: Tempted to put these on for re-sale and watch from home but my daughter would probably disown me.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I was pretty disappointed at the ticket availability this morning. I thought they would NOT be resale tickets but that's all there were. Kept saying 'Team tickets are not on sale yet". Had to pay very premium prices for game 1 and game 2. Ouch!

I got this initially as well, but by 10:10 (eastern) there were a few pairs available.

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
CBJ offered a quarter season plan this year that included opening night and 9 Saturday night games (along with 1 preseason game). I do not know if opening night was required, but some other game other than a Saturday night, was required. There was no uptick in price - same as any other 1/4 season plan. This year's schedule and the low expectations made this doable from CBJ perspective late last summer, when the schedule was released and STH sales were down. That may not be an option for 2017-18, but thought you might find this of interest.

Thanks for the info. We would jump at that if offered next season.

At this point all I can do is wait and see. I usually get a call each summer from the ticket office wanting to know if I want to buy a package. I'll probably give them a call once the season winds down.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for the info. We would jump at that if offered next season.

At this point all I can do is wait and see. I usually get a call each summer from the ticket office wanting to know if I want to buy a package. I'll probably give them a call once the season winds down.

I think that would be offered, most teams do it. I use to buy a partial package to Pirates baseball (Pittsburgh) for my dad and I'm still on email list and they do something similar with weekend packages.

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
ok - I guessed wrong when I bought home game 2, which is now Game 4 of the Pens series.

I'm not going to be able to use my tickets. I was only good for a game on Friday, Saturday or Sunday given my son's school schedule.

I would prefer to sell my two tickets to a Jackets fan and avoid Ticketmaster, Stub Hub fees.

I have two tickets in Section 101, Row MM for home playoff game 2, which is Game 4.

I will sell them for my cost including all the fees I paid to buy - $277.50 for both tickets

When you pay me via PayPal, I will transfer the tickets to you via the free Ticketmaster transfer. You will need a Ticketmaster account for me send them

Send me a PM and include your e-mail. I will e-mail you back with my Pay Pal information. Looks like I need your name and ticketmaster account (i.e. email on your Ticketmaster account).

If Game 3 is Easter Sunday, I will be back in the market for tickets, but for now I need to try to get these sold.

I will monitor my PM the best I can. I will post back here when the tickets are sold.

Thanks - Go Jackets

Last edited:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
ok - I guessed wrong when I bought home game 2, which is now Game 4 of the Pens series.

I'm not going to be able to use my tickets. I was only good for a game on Friday, Saturday or Sunday given my son's school schedule.

I would prefer to sell my two tickets to a Jackets fan and avoid Ticketmaster, Stub Hub fees.

I have two tickets in Section 101, Row MM for home playoff game 2, which is Game 4.

I will sell them for my cost including all the fees I paid to buy - $277.50 for both tickets

When you pay me via PayPal, I will transfer the tickets to you via the free Ticketmaster transfer. You will need a Ticketmaster account for me send them

Send me a PM and include your e-mail. I will e-mail you back with my Pay Pal information. Looks like I need your name and ticketmaster account (i.e. email on your Ticketmaster account).

If Game 3 is Easter Sunday, I will be back in the market for tickets, but for now I need to try to get these sold.

I will monitor my PM the best I can. I will post back here when the tickets are sold.

Thanks - Go Jackets

1100+ game 3 tickets available on stubhub and vivid. Many of them < $100 a seat.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I'm curious, do you expect a lot of Pens fans to be at the games?
What was the % 3 years ago; and how did it compare to when you played the Wings in the 09 playoffs?

Curious how the Pens turnout compares to the Hawks and Wings.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I'm curious, do you expect a lot of Pens fans to be at the games?
What was the % 3 years ago; and how did it compare to when you played the Wings in the 09 playoffs?

Curious how the Pens turnout compares to the Hawks and Wings.

Maybe 1,500 away fans at any of the past home playoff games. They are so spread out you hardly notice them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad