Single Game Playoff Ticket Sales

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Meh.. willing to bet the majority of Pens fans buy off of StubHub and will pay a premium since everything will be more expensive for them at home.

I just took a look at stubhub for first round tickets @ PPG and they're actually not bad. Most in the upper bowl are $70-80 a piece.

Maybe we can infiltrate their arena for once

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Meh.. willing to bet the majority of Pens fans buy off of StubHub and will pay a premium since everything will be more expensive for them at home.

I think most Pens fans don't care a whole lot about the first round. I went to PIT for the 2OT win in 2014 and while it was a good crowd, they weren't very intense about it. Folks in front of us left in the first period to go to the Pirates game.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I just took a look at stubhub for first round tickets @ PPG and they're actually not bad. Most in the upper bowl are $70-80 a piece.

Maybe we can infiltrate their arena for once

Those prices actually seem to be below Face Value. Tickets are on sale now from Ticketmaster (NOT resell tickets) for Pens home games 1 and 2. Prices for Standing Room are $60, Uppers are $93 to $120, and Lowers are $175-275.

Pens barely soldout their seats vs CBJ three years ago. The first round is ho-hum for the perennial playoff fans. Any Pens fans in Nationwide Arena for the playoff games are most likely of the local variety.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I think most Pens fans don't care a whole lot about the first round. I went to PIT for the 2OT win in 2014 and while it was a good crowd, they weren't very intense about it. Folks in front of us left in the first period to go to the Pirates game.

Interesting... think the matchup has grown since then though.

Curiously, do you consider that the best game you've been to?

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
I just got an e-mail as a "Flagbearer" that I will get a presale code tomorrow at 10 a.m. for a presale

Living in Indy, I get to 1 or 2 games a year, especially with my son off to college.

My son will be home for Easter weekend, so games in the Thursday - Sunday range would be ones we could make. If the CBJ get home ice, it would seem Game 1 would be the 12th or 13th, game 2 would be the 14th or 15th.

He has a job lined up in Indy next year. We are talking about buying a quarter season plan - figure we could make the weekend games, sell a few and give a few to my niece who is also graduating college and has a job lined up in Columbus. She can take the Wednesday night in January game that we won't be able to drive three hours each way for.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I just got an e-mail as a "Flagbearer" that I will get a presale code tomorrow at 10 a.m. for a presale

Living in Indy, I get to 1 or 2 games a year, especially with my son off to college.

My son will be home for Easter weekend, so games in the Thursday - Sunday range would be ones we could make. If the CBJ get home ice, it would seem Game 1 would be the 12th or 13th, game 2 would be the 14th or 15th.

He has a job lined up in Indy next year. We are talking about buying a quarter season plan - figure we could make the weekend games, sell a few and give a few to my niece who is also graduating college and has a job lined up in Columbus. She can take the Wednesday night in January game that we won't be able to drive three hours each way for.

I got this also and tried to use it this morning to no avail. Anyone have any luck?

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
I got the e-mail with the link and password about 10:03 this morning.

Logged in and was able to get two tickets to Game 2. Section 101, Row MM.

A little stress when I couldn't remember my Ticketmaster password (i.e. what I have stored away as my password didn't work). Was able to get that reset.

Now I need home ice. This only works for me if the game is over Easter weekend - which it should be in a home ice situation.

Went back and checked game 7 after I bought my tickets to game 2 - nothing.

I'm glad I had this option. As an out of state fan, I would have no chance in the public sale.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I got the e-mail with the link and password about 10:03 this morning.

Logged in and was able to get two tickets to Game 2. Section 101, Row MM.

A little stress when I couldn't remember my Ticketmaster password (i.e. what I have stored away as my password didn't work). Was able to get that reset.

Now I need home ice. This only works for me if the game is over Easter weekend - which it should be in a home ice situation.

Went back and checked game 7 after I bought my tickets to game 2 - nothing.

I'm glad I had this option. As an out of state fan, I would have no chance in the public sale.

Cool. Glad to hear. Currently have tix for games 2 & 3. Was hoping somehow to get game 1 this morning. Didn't happen.

snartly

Dec 10, 2011
NJ
If any full STH can still purchase tickets, they released a couple more pairs of tickets for game 1. If you arent looking to buy for yourself, I would be interested in getting them using someones code, as im sure many others are wanting to do aswell.

Thanks.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Not a lot of resales on Ticketexchange, maybe 500 resale tickets available to home game one. Stubhub is showing just under 900 resale tickets available. Some of those might be duplicate listings (owners have listed on both sites), but assuming they're all separate listings, then only around 7% of all available seats are hitting secondary market.

So, if Pens fans buy all of the resale tickets, then at least a 93% pro-CBJ crowd:dunno:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Not a lot of resales on Ticketexchange, maybe 500 resale tickets available to home game one. Stubhub is showing just under 900 resale tickets available. Some of those might be duplicate listings (owners have listed on both sites), but assuming they're all separate listings, then only around 7% of all available seats are hitting secondary market.

So, if Pens fans buy all of the resale tickets, then at least a 93% pro-CBJ crowd:dunno:

You're assuming current STH are NOT also Pens fans.

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
My wife tried to order some right after they went on sale this morning and she said they were at $300 for bleeders... I'll watch from home.

Saw a couple guys sitting out front camping out at 7:30 or so this morning when I got coffee at the arena. Good to see.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
My wife tried to order some right after they went on sale this morning and she said they were at $300 for bleeders... I'll watch from home.

Those are the resale tickets. I ordered face value seats (plus the BS fees) around 10:10 to every game, in pairs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad