Prospect Info: Simon Lundmark, RD (2nd round, 51st overall)

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I was hoping for Kokkonen or Honka here, but I don't mind the pick. He's been decent offensively in the past, limited ice time meant limited production in the men's league.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-25-01-10-12-633_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-25-01-10-12-633_com.android.chrome.png
    304.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2019-06-25-01-10-37-030_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-25-01-10-37-030_com.android.chrome.png
    320 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: hn777 and ps241

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He had the best Corsi on his SHL team, although he probably played sheltered minutes. The only other Swedish D that played in the SHL this draft year was Soderstrom drafted by the Coyotes 11th overall and Lundmark compares favorably to him. Also compared him to other d-men who played in the SHL in their draft year in the last 3 years and he looks pretty good in comparison to all those guys:

Pu0FNvo.png

Although again probably should be taken with a grain of salt as we don't know what the deployment of these players was like but positive nonetheless :)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was hoping for Kokkonen or Honka here, but I don't mind the pick. He's been decent offensively in the past, limited ice time meant limited production in the men's league.

He had the best Corsi on his SHL team, although he probably played sheltered minutes. The only other Swedish D that played in the SHL this draft year was Soderstrom drafted by the Coyotes 11th overall and Lundmark compares favorably to him. Also compared him to other d-men who played in the SHL in their draft year in the last 3 years and he looks pretty good in comparison to all those guys:

Pu0FNvo.png

Although again probably should be taken with a grain of salt as we don't know what the deployment of these players was like but positive nonetheless :)

Both mildly encouraging posts which is positive.

Thanks boys.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I hadn't really thought of the Lundqvist comparison, I remember some being very high on him.

They scored extremely similarly in their draft seasons as well, liking this pick a little more for sure.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
IMO he’s a player who is still a bit of an unknown. The tools seem to be there but the results may not be. For a CHL player tools but no results is a bad combination, but results are sometimes difficult to evaluate for players in tough leagues or easy leagues as was the case for Samberg couple of years ago. This makes for a pick with more risk, but potentially more upside as well.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
IMO he’s a player who is still a bit of an unknown. The tools seem to be there but the results may not be. For a CHL player tools but no results is a bad combination, but results are sometimes difficult to evaluate for players in tough leagues or easy leagues as was the case for Samberg couple of years ago. This makes for a pick with more risk, but potentially more upside as well.
He has better physical tools than some of the other kids that were available in that range, but yeah. The production was a bit puzzling.

Personally, I give him credit for being able to hold a role in a men's league. I'm hopeful that more ice time means more points. He isn't a black hole like Cederholm.

Reactions: ps241

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Do they dress 8 defense in the SHL? Both seasons he's been playing ~10 minutes a game.
Looks like they're dressing 20 people, yeah.

Still, really odd that he played so little with those kinds of numbers. I haven't seen him play at all, but his numbers seem disproportionate to his playing time. He had two months where he played like 5 minutes per game fairly often.

Might as well get him over here to see how he plays in the A and makes sure he can develop.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Do they dress 8 defense in the SHL? Both seasons he's been playing ~10 minutes a game.
He's generally played 3rd pair, without special teams, I think.

On the bright side, his 5v5 points/60 is healthy.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Glad to see him signed. I think with more usage on the Moose we will get a better picture as to what he is.

I think he has a good set of smarts, skill and physical attributes.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Looks like they're dressing 20 people, yeah.

Still, really odd that he played so little with those kinds of numbers. I haven't seen him play at all, but his numbers seem disproportionate to his playing time. He had two months where he played like 5 minutes per game fairly often.

Might as well get him over here to see how he plays in the A and makes sure he can develop.
They went 7D all year. Lundmark started the season playing 2nd pair but went down to 7th for a good while. The extra usually only gets a couple minutes per game.

Reactions: hn777 and Romang67

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
If he spent most of the year as the 7th Dman good reason to get him out of there and over to the AHL where we can control his development more. He's the 2nd highest drafted RHD we've had since the Jets came back, only behind Trouba and I feel like our scouts have done a really good job these last few years identifying Dmen.

Excited to see what he may become but need to see him in NA soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad