Prospect Info: Simon Lundmark, RD (2nd round, 51st overall)

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Simon Lundmark, RHD (Linkoping, SHL – No. 21 EU)

Lundmark spent some time as a depth defenseman in the top Swedish league this year and filled the role well. A two-way defender, Lundmark was one of Sweden’s better players at the U-18 Five Nations tournament in Michigan last summer and used his 6-foot-2, 201-pound frame to throw some massive hits. Lundmark’s top speed is impressive, and if he doesn’t win a puck battle because of his skating, he finds a way to use his strength to regain control. Scouts would have preferred to see him play a bit more in the SHL, but he has all the makings of a solid depth defender who can contribute offense.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
"Simon Lundmark, RHD (Linkoping, SHL – No. 21 EU)
Lundmark spent some time as a depth defenseman in the top Swedish league this year and filled the role well. A two-way defender, Lundmark was one of Sweden’s better players at the U-18 Five Nations tournament in Michigan last summer and used his 6-foot-2, 201-pound frame to throw some massive hits. Lundmark’s top speed is impressive, and if he doesn’t win a puck battle because of his skating, he finds a way to use his strength to regain control. Scouts would have preferred to see him play a bit more in the SHL, but he has all the makings of a solid depth defender who can contribute offense."

2019 NHL Draft: Who are the most underrated defensemen available? - TheHockeyNews

Reactions: Afterburner

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another defenseman who skates well, can move the puck with good hockey sense. Seeing a trend happening here. Chevy focused on D prospects who can get the puck to their young forwards in transition.

Now is Maurice onboard to playing those type of dmen. We shall see

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just going to say there is a good chance by the time this guy gets here that Maurice will not be around.

I agree but. They have changed their philosophy at the amateur level which usually means you change it at the pro level. Given the Pionk trade it looks like Chevy wants a mobile puck moving defense. Maurice has been reluctant to play these types.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Doesn't seem high on a lot of lists, but if hes on an upward trajectory it could he good in a few years.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Solid 2 way guy. I think he was one of McKenzie's risers. Good size. Really solid defensively. Finished the year in the SHL. Should be there for the next 2 years

Any player who is a riser is someone I support taking. Mark Scheifele was a big riser, on the flip side Atlanta took Angelo Esposito at 21 who was a faller, was projected to go #1 overall that year and ended up doing NOTHING. I remember Logan Stanley was a riser so I am optimistic he will continue developing. Lundmark sounds like a player with great potential if he continues his development.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Encouraged by what I’m reading, sounds like he could feature on the bottom pair eventually. Also sounds like he’s probably 3-4 years away from cracking the lineup.

Reactions: Afterburner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad