Value of: Signing UFA Erik Haula

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
There’s gotta be some team looking for a good defensively responsible center that was great last year on the faceoff dot and can play on the wing.

Haula is also an asset when killing penalties because of his good skating.

What teams are out there looking to add a versatile center of Haula’s skill sets?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Edmonton could, but Holland is waiting to put Klefbom on LTIR and we have to still sign RFA Ethan Bear. If we could dump Kharia I’d like this pickup as Kharia is only good at pk. Haula is a way better player and solid pk guy too.

San Jose could be another option.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Edmonton could, but Holland is waiting to put Klefbom on LTIR and we have to still sign RFA Ethan Bear. If we could dump Kharia I’d like this pickup as Kharia is only good at pk. Haula is a way better player and solid pk guy too.

San Jose could be another option.

Huge upgrade on Khaira. But who is taking Khaira?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Teams like Pittsburgh, Nashville, Vegas, Minnesota and Florida could use a player like Haula but I don’t see a return to Minnesota, Vegas or Florida for Haula.

Reactions: BHD

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Huge upgrade on Khaira. But who is taking Khaira?

There might a be team or two that would want a pk guy 1yr at 1.2

I’d say once the LTIR with Klefbom is done we could always waive Kharia since almost off the hit would be buried also. Do think he’d get claimed. Especially once the season starts and teams see holes.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Haula was probably looking for term, but didn't find it. Most likely is going to get a 1-year deal around 2-4 mil once teams training camp starts and players can be put on IR.

he’d be lucky to get $2M. There is no way he gets $4M

many teams will have less than $2M after the dust settles with cap moves.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
While it was only 7 games, he just looked so meh in Florida. Thought he’d be the answer at 2C, but he didn’t seem to mesh with anyone.

Reactions: qqaz

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Actually, Toronto was rumored to be interested.

That doesn't seem like a good fit to me. Khaira was straight up bad last year (great on the PK, bad overall). Maybe he figures out how to use his tools but a weaker squad like San Jose or Arizona seems like the place for that kind of experimenting.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
There was a rumor from Jimmy Murphy that the Stars were looking into signing him. Pretty much all we've heard on him however lol. Probably some team like Detroit will end up signing him. I could see Buffalo or Anaheim or some team like that doing it too

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
There was also a report that Rutherford might have been interested in Haula for the 3C spot in Pittsburgh but I believe the asking price was too much at the opening of free agency, so the Pens backed off.

JR might be waiting like every other GM and hoping the asking price will go down.

The Penguins could possibly be in the conversation if they can get Haula for somewhere under 2mil.

If that signing happens it would be to my dismay as the Pens are a division rival.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't mind seeing the Preds "weaponize" their cap space to any extent possible. I don't think we have especially high hopes for next season. Any decent NHLers who could be signed to 1-year deals and flipped for picks at the deadline would have some modest appeal to me. But it's not my money. The Preds don't seem to be in that fantasy GM mindset of essentially buying draft picks, and for that matter, no real team ever actually is, right? So I would cross the Preds off the list of potential destinations.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
as an Isles fan, i would like to see him with us.

didn't see a lot of him, but i thought he wasn't too bad. would see him going for about $2.5 short term, and play with Pageau on the 3rd line.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
That doesn't seem like a good fit to me. Khaira was straight up bad last year (great on the PK, bad overall). Maybe he figures out how to use his tools but a weaker squad like San Jose or Arizona seems like the place for that kind of experimenting.
Also Toronto is flooded with centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad