Should Marchand be suspended?

How many games would you suspend him for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
4 dirty plays, 1 on Johnsson is iffy on intention but it's Marchand so he doesn't get benefit of the doubt and it really does look like he extended his leg unnaturally for just skating to trip up johnsson who had a clear path to the puck

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Neutral fan here

Basically the league suspended Kadri (and rightfully so ) for running around like an idiot with his reckless play.

So why should the standard be any different here? Marchand was out of control tonight. But I think the NHL wants this kind of nonsense and encourages it

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
As much as i hate Marchand, only one of these that look bad, is the two-hander and even that doesn't connect properly.

That could be a game, but it's playoffs, so probably a fine max.

exactly my thought also, the slash or attempted slash could get a game but probably won't

Reactions: Saekk

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Desperate?

Neutral fan here

Basically the league suspended Kadri (and rightfully so ) for running around like an idiot with his reckless play.

So why should the standard be any different here? Marchand was out of control tonight. But I think the NHL wants this kind of nonsense and encourages it

The Leafs have been crosschecking Marchand quite a bit this series. Rather low of them so if Marchand retaliates what do you expect...

Out of control is quite the stretch however.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
exactly my thought also, the slash or attempted slash could get a game but probably won't

I can agree with you to an extent . If those were the only 2 plays that you do a double take I think you can shrug your shoulders and move on . But he was being an absolute clown tonight (just like Kadri). So if the NHL decides they are OK with this stuff happening, they won't do much about it .

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I can agree with you to an extent . If those were the only 2 plays that you do a double take I think you can shrug your shoulders and move on . But he was being an absolute clown tonight (just like Kadri). So if the NHL decides they are OK with this stuff happening, they won't do much about it .

unfortunately the league has been ok with this stuff for a long time.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
Neutral fan here

not even comparable to kadris suspension. Marchand is a pest and can be stupid but kadris rampage that night was pathetic.

also no, nothing even close to suspension worthy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad