Should Marchand be suspended?

How many games would you suspend him for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Johnson is quick and was going to beat marchand to the puck. Marchand saw this and quickly bailed. What better way than to fake slip into johnsons legs. It was so obvious but not to the refs.
First glance it looks like he slipped...but he clearly overstrides with the outside leg, something noone ever does when slipping, to slewfoot Johnsson and drop to take him out.

Reactions: Wolf Larsen

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He can go fall off a cliff..or down a well...whatever works best for him.

My favorite part is the swinging slash and then backing away just long enough to let his teammates come in for him and then try to skate away untouched lol. This guy is an embarassment to the game. Not sure if he's worse than jack Edwards but...still cheering for the Bruins because the only thing worse than Marchand is opinionated egotistical leafs fans.

Soooo suspend Marchand next series after he buries the leafs....yeah that's best.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
As a Leaf fan, none of that was even close to suspendible.

I think I agree.

But penalties should probably be called more often on him for some of his stuff yet he get's away with a lot.

He may very well cross the line in a very bad way, but he's a really fantastic player.

I'd defend him if he was on the Leafs, just like Kadri, but those guys need to get reeled in a bit sometimes and Marchand is getting a bit too much of a free pass right now and that can get these guys doing something much worse than what you normally expect.

League looked like they wanted to send a message with Kadri and leave it at that, problem solved.

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
He hacked at the shin pads. If he wanted to kill someone, he would have slashed the head. Relax.

Your shins are up at your waist now? Man, I better go see a doctor then.

He blindly slashed at his midsection. He wasn't even looking either, he turned and immediately slashed without seeing who he was slashing at or where. Don't act like he gave him a tap on the shin pads. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I agree.

When I looked at the original video, the slash bothered me less than this sliding tackle. Someone may argue that the slash, were it to connect, would be more likely to injure but I see all sorts of injury risk with this cheapshot move.

Does Marchand ever hit anyone on the up and up or is it always underhanded? Does he ever play a clean 60 minutes?

Brad Marchand has played 677 NHL games (602 regular season, 75 playoffs). If I remember well, he has 6 suspensions and 5 fines, for therefore a total of 11 incidents. That means that he has no incidents in 666 out of 677 games played. So, he has played a "clean 60 minutes" for 98.4% of the games he played.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Your shins are up at your waist now? Man, I better go see a doctor then.

He blindly slashed at his midsection. He wasn't even looking either, he turned and immediately slashed without seeing who he was slashing at or where. Don't act like he gave him a tap on the shin pads. You should be ashamed to be this stupid. I know I'm embarrassed of you.

I full on *shiver* at the idea of what could have been if there would have been a 3ft midget player there. Would have caught him right between the eyes.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
He got away with a lot. I don't know how the refs don't see it. Taking out Johnsens legs should have had him kicked out of the game. When Kadri returns he should do exactly what marchand did. Throw these little cheapshots and maybe take out bergerons legs like marchand did yesterday. Let's see how much bruin fans like it then.

He fell, Lilou...

B7F373AD-E622-44F7-99B7-22A48BCEE816.gif

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He can go fall off a cliff..or down a well...whatever works best for him.

My favorite part is the swinging slash and then backing away just long enough to let his teammates come in for him and then try to skate away untouched lol. This guy is an embarassment to the game. Not sure if he's worse than jack Edwards but...still cheering for the Bruins because the only thing worse than Marchand is opinionated egotistical leafs fans.

Soooo suspend Marchand next series after he buries the leafs....yeah that's best.
Sure, but if he lands on someone we will have another half dozen threads calling for him to be suspended.

Reactions: Sheppy

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
so (some) Toronto fans ran around pre-series about how dirty Marchand is... how quick into the series until he does something stupid... will he even play the whole series or be suspsended.... yada yada yada....

and it turns out to be the angelic Kadri who loses all control and goes full on intent to injure by trying to ass check Wingles head against the boards when he's already down for the only suspension of the series so far.....

and you cant handle it.

The only dirty play worthy of a suspension was by Toronto.

deal with it and move, going to these lengths to try to include Marchand into what Kadri did are just embarrassing.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
so (some) Toronto fans ran around pre-series about how dirty Marchand is... how quick into the series until he does something stupid... will he even play the whole series or be suspsended.... yada yada yada....

and it turns out to be the angelic Kadri who loses all control and goes full on intent to injure by trying to ass check Wingles head against the boards when he's already down for the only suspension of the series so far.....

and you cant handle it.

The only dirty play worthy of a suspension was by Toronto.

deal with it and move, going to these lengths to try to include Marchand into what Kadri did are just embarrassing.
It sure is tough to be a Bruin Fan. Not only do you have to watch hockey, but you have to constantly defend Marchand's latest shenanigans as if they were accidental and not intent to injure. Maybe he is just a reincarnated Aztec, still angry about losing his head after a game.

Reactions: Lilou

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Nothing from the NHL, let’s focus on the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad