Should Marchand be suspended?

How many games would you suspend him for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
If this standard is allowed to continue... stars are going to start dropping like flies. I'm just saying.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Nope.

Should have been a penalty (and possibly a DoPS warning) for the hit on Andersen.

Should have got 4 mins for the shot (unsportsmanlike conduct.... it wasnt even close!) and the 2 handed slash. Rielly probably should not have been penalized at all, but I guess he gets 2 mins for his attempted slash and/or ehat happened after. Either way Leafs should have been on the PP.

Nothing on the Johnsson play. It was unfortunate, but if it had been Bergeron it wouldn't of even been brought up.

If Rielly was injured on the slash, Marchand would have gotten a suspension (wether or not thats correct is another conversation).

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Neutral fan here

Basically the league suspended Kadri (and rightfully so ) for running around like an idiot with his reckless play.

So why should the standard be any different here? Marchand was out of control tonight. But I think the NHL wants this kind of nonsense and encourages it

Wait what? The league suspended Kadri for his absolutely ludicrous hit on Wingels, not for running around like an idiot. I get where you're going with this post but there is absolutely nothing in the evidence provided by the OP that points to a Marchand suspension and heck, I'm not even a Bruins fan.

Last edited:

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
I mean hey.... Leafs can win a literal war of attrition.... we have more star players. We win the series if it's an eye for an eye, and that's the tone Marchand is setting for these playoffs with his goofball antics.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He deserves some sort of official sanction (be it a public warning or some small suspension), his behaviour is making a joke of the league’s rules

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
he should get a game but he probably won't because its the bruins

marner gets elbowed in the face and the B's dont even get a penalty lol

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Yeah, no. No suspension. Those idiots over at the DoPS set all this nonsense up by suspending Doughty for nothing.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
No, because thankfully the dops arent as soft as you are, yet atleast.
So much crying about every little thing on these boards. Nothing of what he did is suspension worthy, not even close, and especially not in the playoffs.
Its lovely to see just how much he is in the head of fans all over, and especially in Toronto.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
I don't think they're necessarily worthy of a suspension, but they're all dirty plays no doubt. I just can't understand how players let this guy keep doing the things that he's doing. Especially during the regular season, why is no one willing to take an instigator on him? He keeps acting this way because he never faces any sort of on-ice repercussions.

I'd like to see a Kadri VS Marchand bare knuckle match. Win or lose, they both end up with a life sentence on a deserted island somewhere.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Doughty, Marchand, Subban, Mcavoy, Hedman, Perry.... good lord, the NHL Department of Players Safety may have a lot of situations on their hands.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
He'll get zero games. The NHL doesn't have the balls to call him on his BS. The Johnson one was soooo accidentally on purpose. You can tell from the way he doesn't even try to plant his lead foot on the cross over and decides to baseball slide into him.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
I don't think they're necessarily worthy of a suspension, but they're all dirty plays no doubt. I just can't understand how players let this guy keep doing the things that he's doing. Especially during the regular season, why is no one willing to take an instigator on him? He keeps acting this way because he never faces any sort of on-ice repercussions.

I'd like to see a Kadri VS Marchand bare knuckle match. Win or lose, they both end up with a life sentence on a deserted island somewhere.
Theres a hundred plays like this during every playoff game. If you put almost any player under the microscope like this, he will look bad over the course of a game. Il admit Marchand does a little bit more of it then most, sure.

Reactions: PSUPEN

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Desperate?

The Leafs have been crosschecking Marchand quite a bit this series. Rather low of them so if Marchand retaliates what do you expect...

Out of control is quite the stretch however.
Is that a short joke? :sarcasm:

Call me crazy but when Marchand is going down does he try to swing his stick at Hyman?

I need a slower GIF, this was probably a poor one to use.

Ha yeah, knowing Marchand, I'd say that's 100% on purpose. Good catch. He's probably lucky for his own sake that he didn't connect. If he had swung and hit Hyman up high, THAT would have been suspension worthy. As things stand tho, nothing suspension worthy in this thread IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad