Value of: Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
how in the heck can you call weber "hard hitting"? :laugh::laugh:

also....leafs PP was at the top of the league, they dont need help there

Yes that is working out just fine for them. For all the times the Laffs fans snickered at the Habs being bumped in the first round, feels great atm.

Oh and why people feel the need to argue with a 16 year old girl on the internet is beyond me lol.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Good luck with thinking you can get a better player then Nylander for an almost 33 year old defenceman.

I just told you I don’t want to trade him. I’d rather keep my elite #1 D.

Also, if one day I do want to trade Weber, I will definitely look somewhere else. Soft wingers who are no-shows in the playoff does not interest anyone, eapecially not Montreal.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Not sure what the deal is with the back and forth on Leafs. But personally, I think Weber would fit great in Toronto. Reilly would cover up a lot of his warts and Weber would be amazing for Morgan. Not sure a deal could be made, cause I think Montreal would want a lot more than what Toronto would offer. However, that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great fit on that team.

Reactions: shortfuze

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Not sure what the deal is with the back and forth on Leafs. But personally, I think Weber would fit great in Toronto. Reilly would cover up a lot of his warts and Weber would be amazing for Morgan. Not sure a deal could be made, cause I think Montreal would want a lot more than what Toronto would offer. However, that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great fit on that team.

Shea Weber the player would be good for the leafs. Shea weber the cap hit + contract is what the issue is here. He's still good but teams are rightfully scared of what his contract may do long term.

Reactions: go4hockey

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Shea Weber the player would be good for the leafs. Shea weber the cap hit + contract is what the issue is here. He's still good but teams are rightfully scared of what his contract may do long term.

There's going to be a lockout in 3 years. I don't think the contract should be a concern at all.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
As i said earlier, his contract is not a great fit going forward, and he is coming off ankle surgery...would be nice to see how he's recovered from it. Mobility is key for a Dman...so, ankle injuries are not a good thing. And ya, the Habs will want a lot more than Toronto would ever offer.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
There's going to be a lockout in 3 years. I don't think the contract should be a concern at all.

I do agree that if there's a new round of compliance buyouts + the recapture penalty issue gets solved then it isn't an issue, but right now you can't be that certain of it which is why teams would be careful.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No a team that;s gonna get dusted in the 1st rd because of terrible D and total softness has no need for a #1 hard hitting D-man that can also man the point on the PP. good luck with those 1st rd dustings.:laugh:
Tell me, is Weber off the crutches yet? Just wondering, because he wouldn't be helping much right now if not....

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I do agree that if there's a new round of compliance buyouts + the recapture penalty issue gets solved then it isn't an issue, but right now you can't be that certain of it which is why teams would be careful.

It's all moot anyway. It's one thing to trade a depth centre to Toronto, but I would be shocked in Montreal moved a #1D there.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
''Stupid Price''

So tell me what trade would u make to get a good D (a top 2)

Dont tell me ur fantasy Ufa with Drew Doughty , wont happen
Age?
Contract?
LHD or RHD?
Stay at home or PMD?

I can't answer what i would trade if i don't know what i am trading for. But i have read Habs fans saying Marner plus for 32 year old Weber with a boat anchor contract coming off ankle surgery....that falls under the category of "stupid price".

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I Mean you need someone to play with Morgan R , lets be honest

Hes an OFF D , so u might need someone to complete him

Who do you target and what do you give to fix this hole
(age contract dont matter , tell me who)
Tanev. 1st+2nd+2nd...or change 1 2nd to prospect.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
''Stupid Price''

So tell me what trade would u make to get a good D (a top 2)

Dont tell me ur fantasy Ufa with Drew Doughty , wont happen
I don't have any intention of trading for a top pair guy. It's too expensive. You guys paid a stupid price for a top pair guy. How's that working out?

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
While i agree he has injury concerns, his game is perfect beside Rielly.
Then move along. His game is only perfect when he's playing. And injury prone players tend to stay injury prone or get worse. Not better.

Leafs fans have to realize that we're not likely to do anything drastic right now.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Then move along. His game is only perfect when he's playing. And injury prone players tend to stay injury prone or get worse. Not better.

Leafs fans have to realize that we're not likely to do anything drastic right now.
Trading marner/Nylander or Liljegren is drastic...trading a late 1st (for Tanev or whomever) doesn't register as drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad