Value of: Shea Weber to TOR

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Leafs aren't the ones who are bending over in a massive player transaction trade to acquire Weber. We aren't concerned if Montreal keeps him. When Babcock said we'll take him, that's what he meant. Take. Not give.
Montreal might as well just stay the course and see what the lottery brings. Acquire more draft picks.

Reactions: BM14 and Lilou

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That Babcock quote is just him being nice. The Leafs will not take on that terrible contract. And Wener will not return a PK Subban if he's traded again I will tell you that.

Bernify

May 28, 2014
Montreal would have to add.

Weber is a great player, but the Leafs can't afford his albatross of a contract. It's a non-starter, really.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Let's get crazy :)

Weber at 6M (Habs retain like 1.857ish mill)
McCarron

for

Fehr
Marincin
Lupul

(all cap dumps with 1 year left)

Leafs 1st
Later of the Leafs 2 2nds
Kapanen

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

McCarron

for

Fehr
Marincin
Lupul

Leafs 1st
Kapanen
If Shea Weber had much less term, i wouldn't hesitate to trade for him....but watching him, he's already slowing down, so even at 6 mil, i am not interested in 8 years.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Weber hasn't slowed down at all. He's had some bad luck with pucks bouncing off of him into the net, but that's hardly damning.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
i would love Weber on the Leafs, but it has to be 2 milion retention..i would offer Carrick + Kapanen + Marincin + Lupul + 1st rd in 2018 for Weber at 2 milion retained..Weber is still an elite defenseman but there is no way u get Marner or Nylander

Mar 26, 2010
You want Weber, it starts with Marner...
Toronto is not giving up a 20 year old star in Marner for a 32 y/o D man. Never going to happen. You will have to pry Marner out of Lou’s cold dead hands before he is traded.

Matthews, Nylander, Marner = UNTOUCHABLE

Reactions: Lilou

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

McCarron

for

Fehr
Marincin
Lupul

Leafs 1st
Kapanen

We cant afford a weber with our big three coming up.

Once we know their price tags then we can talk about adding another vet for 6 mil.

Lupul is long term injury reserve so his 5 mil comes off the cap, and lets be honest... the leafs like the habs are not hurting for money at all.

Habs will likely have a few painful years of rebuild coming up while they slowly eat into price and webers contracts...if they do it right.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
He looks like a poison pawn to me. Whatever game he has left it isn't worth trading Marner or that level asset for. Too many questions about how much he has left in the tank, especially with that contract. And his lack of speed could actually foul up the works in Toronto.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

McCarron

for

Fehr
Marincin
Lupul

Leafs 1st
Kapanen

Kapanen must be better than what i've seen of him so far. Cause that's an awful trade for us.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Marner >>>> Galchenyuk and its not even close to being close
Went to say both 4th liners but at this point in time one is playing 4th line while the other is playing on the 1st line tonight.Care to take a guess on who is playing on what line.
Also one has 4 pts and is a -7 on the 2nd best team in the league while the other has 1 pt and is a -4 on the 2nd worst team in the league. Care to guess who is who.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Habs don't need a full rebuild. They need a retool.

The Leafs wouldn't be able to afford him, anyway.
They do need a full rebuild, they just can't because they have Price. Not a lot of value in the Habs system..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad