Proposal: Shea Weber To Buffalo (edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
As a habs fan, I'd love this trade, unfortunately this isn't NHL18 and the sabres wouldn't do such a stupid move. Only Chiarelli or BargainBin would.

Sabres would be giving away waaaay too much, it would be more realistic if it were say Bogosian and Sharks 1st for Weber and a 2nd rounder or something like that.

lets you and I work out a trade where you send weber to my bruins. im certainly willing to give you a hell of a lot more than bogosian and an improvement of around 20 spots in the draft

I proposal we move miller and McQuaid... if you don't want them I find another spot for them and give you whatever I get for them

im willing to get bogosian from buffalo if you are in love with him and ill give you him too

and I have no problem throwing in a first... I don't even need that second coming back

it sets my bruins up quite brilliantly. I think weber can protect krug and be a very amazing top pair together. hes that good

chara can stay with McAvoy and let McAvoy ripen without the preasure of being a number 1 for a few years. not sure how long chara will last for, but in a second pair role he can still dominate on the shut down and the penalty kill

and that allows us the extreme luxury of letting carlo play a 3rd pair role. we have a ton of left hand shot dmen coming up through the system and giving them studs like weber/McAvoy/carlo to play with bodes very well that they will develop for us

we had NO PROBLEM getting good value out of chara at a 7.5 mill cap hit until he hit 40 and are still giving him 6 mill because these stud dmen who know how to be physical and shut down power houses stay effective to 40

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
HAH, no! Weber is in the midst of an extremely back loaded contract that covers an extreme amount of time 25-26. This is TERRIBLE. We're rid of Bogosian in two years. There is no chance under the sun that this makes sense for the Sabres. We're also giving up a prospect who just needs more time in Nylander. Not in any rush to help Montreal with ANYTHING.

You wanted a pair of 1st round picks for a declining asset in Weber who's coming off major surgery and is 33..signed through 2025-26. That's rich. This is by far the WORST I've seen yet between Montreal and Buffalo. We're REBUILDING, I'm not sure where your lack of common sense went.

ironically I said buffalo needed to rebuild last year around this time... and man did their fans ever rip me a new one. but you are right. I don't really see how you can mix more icecream with a lot of mud and end up with anything other than even more mud

sadly buffalo is headed in the same direction as Toronto and Edmonton but hasn't even tasted the limited success those 2 teams have

this myth about building through the draft will be totally discredited in 5 years when all 3 franchises are back in a state of ruin

and whats the biggest problem these teams have? a defense that is swiss cheese... both because quality of defenders is shakey at best but also because forwards don't buy into an effective team orientated defense structure.

and a whole bunch of money is being given to 21 year old kids who haven't done one single thing to prove they are 'winners' or that they can lead a team to victory

giving money to vets who can lead and will go to war to play solid winning defense first hockey actually is a good thing. my bruins are very happy to have guys like chara and Bergeron around to set the example for the kids like pastrnak and McAvoy because theres a huge value in it.

vegas and Washington has 3 guys between them under the age of 22 playing roles for their teams last year. experience does matter

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
lets you and I work out a trade where you send weber to my bruins. im certainly willing to give you a hell of a lot more than bogosian and an improvement of around 20 spots in the draft

I proposal we move miller and McQuaid... if you don't want them I find another spot for them and give you whatever I get for them

im willing to get bogosian from buffalo if you are in love with him and ill give you him too

and I have no problem throwing in a first... I don't even need that second coming back

it sets my bruins up quite brilliantly. I think weber can protect krug and be a very amazing top pair together. hes that good

chara can stay with McAvoy and let McAvoy ripen without the preasure of being a number 1 for a few years. not sure how long chara will last for, but in a second pair role he can still dominate on the shut down and the penalty kill

and that allows us the extreme luxury of letting carlo play a 3rd pair role. we have a ton of left hand shot dmen coming up through the system and giving them studs like weber/McAvoy/carlo to play with bodes very well that they will develop for us

we had NO PROBLEM getting good value out of chara at a 7.5 mill cap hit until he hit 40 and are still giving him 6 mill because these stud dmen who know how to be physical and shut down power houses stay effective to 40

Weber would be a monster with the bruins, he'd bring them to contender status and would be a good replacement for Chara who will retire.

The trade could include one of Miller or Mcquaid, whichever fits better for you to be moved, the 1st and perhaps a decent puck moving defenseman prospect or a center prospect like Trent Frederic. I know Boston loves Donato and will definetly keep him so he's out of the picture.

I'm just scared Bargainbin will be the one doing the trade

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Sabres < Weber

Habs < Bogosian, Girgensons, Nylander

Buffalo gets a capable veteran star to lead their young team to the next level

Montreal sheds Weber's long term contract while adding a pair of 1st round picks, plus some warm bodies which could potentially be flipped at the deadline for additional long term assets

EDIT: Removed the 2 first round picks, included Alex Nylander instead
Easy pass from the Habs.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
I’m not going to lie if Weber was wearing a Sabres jersey I’d be pretty stoked. That contract is something though
You want to trade O'Reilly because he's slow and we need to play a faster game but then you say you would want Weber, wtf?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
You want to trade O'Reilly because he's slow and we need to play a faster game but then you say you would want Weber, wtf?

Having a steady d to stay home allows my other d to fly.

Having a top 6 comprised of half slow footed players makes everyone skate through mud.

Easy stuff friend.

Or maybe you missed Karlsson dominating all those years with a statue next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad