Player Discussion Shea Weber - [mod warning post #26)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
As a Leaf fan he had a bullet of a shot last year that scared the crap out of me. This year, not so much.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Interesting. Do you think his shot got worse or are you just less scared of a person in general.

It feels like it's lost some zing. Maybe it's age? Or maybe he's just in a slump? But last year I felt that even if Andersen got in front of it, that it would go through him like a cartoon.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It feels like it's lost some zing. Maybe it's age? Or maybe he's just in a slump? But last year I felt that even if Andersen got in front of it, that it would go through him like a cartoon.
I think his shot is still the same. He ripped one past Reimer the other night. Maybe a bit more issues getting the time and space to get it off without Markov on the PP.

Reactions: BVG

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think his shot is still the same. He ripped one past Reimer the other night. Maybe a bit more issues getting the time and space to get it off without Markov on the PP.

He ripped two the other night. One that Reimer didn't even have time to get off. The shot is the same, He just misses Markov's set ups.

Weber being moved to the Ovi spot on the PP should help, but he's got to get better at sneaking closer to net for his shot to be effective. Even against Florida, he took to long getting to the top of the outer slot. Against better teams he wont have that time.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Absence of Markov could totally explain it.
Yeah theirs certainly an adaptation period for any defenseman who changes partners. His shot is very much intact though. The game against Toronto he never really leaned into any of the shots he got of cleanly. He's hitting more than ever this year though and has started finding the back of the net.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah theirs certainly an adaptation period for any defenseman who changes partners. His shot is very much intact though. The game against Toronto he never really leaned into any of the shots he got of cleanly. He's hitting more than ever this year though and has started finding the back of the net.

Fair enough. My sample size is relatively small.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Markov is more missed at even strength than on the PP. He was not really killing it on the PP last year.

TheGame777

Jan 16, 2016
Weber still has the same power in his shot. The problem is probably the set up on the powerplay. With Drouin there, you have an other weapon that can create chances on different fronts on the ice. Last year, the only real weapon and option was Weber shot and powerplays were just an addition of sequences to set up Weber's shot there wasn't much more going on. This year the powerplay isn't built only on Weber's shot.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
As a Leaf fan he had a bullet of a shot last year that scared the crap out of me. This year, not so much.

His shot didn't get worse, wtf are you even saying for f*** sakes lol. This is a leafs board worthy post as far as quality goes.

His shot is still a bullet, they're just not getting to the net.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Ya anyone who watched that Florida game knows that shot is as good as ever. It's one of the greatest slappers in the history of hockey and obviously is a sight to behold.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Price's albatross contract is a lot easier to live with because at least there's been great memories with him as a Hab. This one as much as it hurts now will hurt more and more every year. This trade legitimately belongs on Bergevin's tombstone and I don't mean some fake "oh he lost his job" tombstone, I mean his actual f***ing real life tombstone.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Price's albatross contract is a lot easier to live with because at least there's been great memories with him as a Hab. This one as much as it hurts now will hurt more and more every year. This trade legitimately belongs on Bergevin's tombstone and I don't mean some fake "oh he lost his job" tombstone, I mean his actual ****ing real life tombstone.

You'll see me pissing on it.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I like Weber, he's one of our few good players. It's not his fault Drouin was on the left point for most of the Power play time. Weber just scored two goals last game from that spot. Why move him????

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

The issues is that there no one to pass him the puck, if Drouin and him would to switch side it might help but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad