Value of: Shea Theodore

Oct 18, 2011
Theo becomes more expendable if the ducks can re-sign Fowler. Lindholm and Fowler the two best dmen on the team and both LHD. Montour and Theo are near equals in my eyes, but value Montour a little more due to being RHD

And yes Theo for Connor is the type of hockey trade that makes sense

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
This might have been done to death but I see Theodore's stat line as not so great but he is still a very very valuable prospect. Is he someone Anaheim would deal for immediate help? Would would Anaheim want?

Thanks

Looking at a stat line for a very young defenseman?? Not a good way to know anything about the player.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Looking at a stat line for a very young defenseman?? Not a good way to know anything about the player.

Still no idea what type of player Anaheim wants for this guy...help to push for a cup right now? Futures? D prospects? F prospects? Vets? Taking a cap dump? What do you guys want?

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
Still no idea what type of player Anaheim wants for this guy...help to push for a cup right now? Futures? D prospects? F prospects? Vets? Taking a cap dump? What do you guys want?

Ducks want a young skilled NHL forward cost controlled for a few years. It would probably look something like Theodore + Stoner for the player that fits that criteria.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Senyshyn +1st for Theodore?

TBH I have 0 idea what anaheims needs are though

Rather keep Theodore

Theodore + Ritchie to Habs

Galchenyuk + 3rd to Anaheim

No way would Montreal do that.

I think Connor for Theo has great potential, if the Ducks say no to my package of Dano, Perrault and a second.

Is Larsson or Theo more valuable to you?

Not trading Larsson or Theodore for that.

Baertschi. Plz?

Nope

Spooner + 1st done

No

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
What kind of plus would Anaheim expect for the deal like this:

Detroit
Tatar
+

Anaheim
Theodore
cap dump (Ducks would need cap to resign Tatar in the offseason, he is RFA)

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Detroit
Tatar
+

Anaheim
Theodore

Many Ducks fans (myself included) would rather trade Vatanen over any of our expansion exempt players. The expansion forces us to trade one defenseman, after Bieksa waives or gets bought out.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Many Ducks fans (myself included) would rather trade Vatanen over any of our expansion exempt players. The expansion forces us to trade one defenseman, after Bieksa waives or gets bought out.

You're not trading Fowler or Lindholm. Vatanen, while making our team instantly better, doesn't really fit long-term. I would rather buy 21 year old LD prospect in Theodore.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You're not trading Fowler or Lindholm. Vatanen, while making our team instantly better, doesn't really fit long-term. I would rather buy 21 year old LD prospect in Theodore.

I think the only way any of our young guys leave pre expansion draft, is for someone that doesn't need to be protected and near same age.

So while id be open for a mantha for Theodore move... I don't think Detroit fans would like that idea given how manthas been playing.

Were going to have to lose 1 of fowler manson vatanen or lindholm basically, best case scenario is moving vatanen for forward help.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Detroit
Tatar
+

Anaheim
Theodore

Zero interest in moving non exempt assets like Theodore for players requiring protection. We have one protection slot open for a forward, and need to move a top 4 Dman to protect the other three. If we make a move like the one you've proposed, we've handcuffed ourselves to accepting exempt assets only when we go to trade a Dman.

Not only that, but we're counting on one of our big three D prospects to take on the open top 4 slot next year and have yet to determine who it's going to be. I really don't think we should look at trading any of them until we decide who's best to keep. The situation still needs to play itself out, much like our goaltending over the past couple years.

So in summary, Ducks fans almost universally agree that Vatanen is the guy who should be dealt before expansion, and none of the three top D prospects should be moved until one of them grabs the open top 4 position. That's just the reality of our situation, if Vatanen doesn't work you will likely have to look elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad