Value of: Shea Theodore

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
This might have been done to death but I see Theodore's stat line as not so great but he is still a very very valuable prospect. Is he someone Anaheim would deal for immediate help? Would would Anaheim want?

Thanks

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
He's highly touted and would cost a lot to get. Young, established top 6 forward on ELC. Anything less and it's not worth it for the Ducks

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Why are you looking at his stats to judge a rookie defensemen?

We have no reason to trade him, so unless you're willing to give up a cheap and young top 6 forward, don't bother.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Jets don't really have the type of player/prospect it would take to get Theo.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Eh, not buying into the Connor hype myself.

Oh come on! Hype, schmype. He is every bit as highly rated a prospect as Theodore is - at least. Theodore is a little further along in his development but not much. Both were taken in the first round of quite strong draft classes. Connor's class was epic strong and he was taken higher. Both have performed well since being drafted.

We have 1 team which has D and needs F and another team which has F and needs D. It is a perfectly valid proposal. Try discussing it on its merit.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Im curious if Ducks fans HAD to choose one of Montour or Theodore to be traded, who would it be?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Oh come on! Hype, schmype. He is every bit as highly rated a prospect as Theodore is - at least. Theodore is a little further along in his development but not much. Both were taken in the first round of quite strong draft classes. Connor's class was epic strong and he was taken higher. Both have performed well since being drafted.

We have 1 team which has D and needs F and another team which has F and needs D. It is a perfectly valid proposal. Try discussing it on its merit.

Draft position means nothing. We have no reason to trade Theo, especially when we're going to be losing a top 4 defensemen somehow because of the expansion draft and MIGHT lose Fowler to FA next off season. Having Theo be around to take over is key. I'm just not that thrilled by Connor, not enough to give up Theo when we don't have to give him up.

I suppose Dano and Perrault and a second would not work..

Would love to have Perrault back, never understood why we let him go. But salary cap says no, and with Vermette as our 3C we don't exactly need Perrault.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
I suppose Dano and Perrault and a second would not work..

We'd get a better player than Dano from someone else. I love MP22 as well, but we need a high upside player that can produce effectively now. I wouldn't see it as a good sign if Dano is traded yet again. Connor is a good looking prospect, but we could get someone whose more NHL ready from someone else.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Draft position means nothing. We have no reason to trade Theo, especially when we're going to be losing a top 4 defensemen somehow because of the expansion draft and MIGHT lose Fowler to FA next off season. Having Theo be around to take over is key. I'm just not that thrilled by Connor, not enough to give up Theo when we don't have to give him up.

Would love to have Perrault back, never understood why we let him go. But salary cap says no, and with Vermette as our 3C we don't exactly need Perrault.

Perrault works better on the left wing, with us anyway, I would be totally prepared to take back salary.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

That's a little better. Connor looks good for you from where we sit because you are presumed to need help at LW in particular and there is no cap issue. Theo looks good because Ducks fans cling to their D tenaciously. :) We might be a little off base in some of our assumptions.

Maybe Theo is the wrong one. If you are going to lose 1 to XD and possibly another to FA we might be able to help with that and the cap at the same time. Trade a D you can't protect for near ready F prospects you can use.

Maybe after the XD we come back to Theo, or possibly Larsson. Depends what happens. Maybe we get what we need elsewhere and lose interest. :)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd love to see him in Vancouver, would have to wait till after the draft lottery but maybe Vancouvers 2017 1st. Maybe. I think very much of him

I cant see us moving him for a puck(obviously pending how high it is) but moving him for a pick after putting time in his development seems kinda wasteful.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
That's a little better. Connor looks good for you from where we sit because you are presumed to need help at LW in particular and there is no cap issue. Theo looks good because Ducks fans cling to their D tenaciously. :) We might be a little off base in some of our assumptions.

Maybe Theo is the wrong one. If you are going to lose 1 to XD and possibly another to FA we might be able to help with that and the cap at the same time. Trade a D you can't protect for near ready F prospects you can use.

Maybe after the XD we come back to Theo, or possibly Larsson. Depends what happens. Maybe we get what we need elsewhere and lose interest. :)

First off, get rid of that smug attitude in your first sentence.

Second, we don't need LW help, which I've already explained.

We're only going to lose a defensemen to the expansion draft if we can't convince Bieksa to waive his NMC and the GM is too stupid to buy him out. As long as we can deal with Bieksa, all we need to do is trade Vats or Fowler (if we KNOW we can't re-sign him next off season), then we don't have expansion draft problem.

Asking for Theo or Larsson after the expansion draft doesn't make sense, not like we're going to want to trade them if we trade Fowler or Vatanen away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad