Value of: Shea Theodore

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Would like to see White play in the NHL first. For now, no, thanks.

No.

Fair enough. This is one of those threads I like to bookmark when three players like Connor, White and JFK are compared for value by people who don't actually watch them play often. It always comes back to draft position and this time next year it will be really interesting to see where these three are playing and valued here on HF.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Theodore for Connor is a decent one. White, too, but I think I like Connor better, from the admittedly limited abount I know about them.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
he is 20.

Also, contrary to popular HF belief, scoring in the AHL does not always correlate to a scoring in the NHL. There has been more than 1 AHL phenom who never managed to make the jump successfully.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets fan here, I would consider trading Connor for a good D prospect like Theodore or someone like him.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Also, contrary to popular HF belief, scoring in the AHL does not always correlate to a scoring in the NHL. There has been more than 1 AHL phenom who never managed to make the jump successfully.

Certainly true, but Connor's label as a "top talent" thankfully for him isn't a result of his AHL numbers, as whilee's post simplistically implied, but has run far deeper. Same thing with a guy like Montour among our young top talent.

IE Emerson etem
To be fair, Etem was never in the same talent bracket as Connor. And it took Etem a fair bit longer to be as good in the AHL as Connor has been right away.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Jets fan here, I would consider trading Connor for a good D prospect like Theodore or someone like him.

Def think connor for Theodore is a good basis... would benefit both teams and both players Id think. Theodore would prob get a better chance in Winnipeg(and not have to be stuck with bieska).

Def a move I could get behind.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Def think connor for Theodore is a good basis... would benefit both teams and both players Id think. Theodore would prob get a better chance in Winnipeg(and not have to be stuck with bieska).

Def a move I could get behind.

Yup both are learning to transition from Ahl to nhl. My understanding is ducks need top 6 prospect and we need top 4 lhd prospect. Toby is aging and we need a plan once his contract is done, he won't be a good top 4 by then and won't be extended.

Seems logical trade for both at the moment, barring either one making a big step forward which i don't see this season.

Theodore is ED exempt right? Connor is exempt.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Anaheim doesn't need top six prospects. Connor is great, I covet him as much as my fellow Ducks fans, but the team needs a player that can contribute right now--at a level higher than Connor has been able to. This would be something better suited to the summer than right now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim doesn't need top six prospects. Connor is great, I covet him as much as my fellow Ducks fans, but the team needs a player that can contribute right now--at a level higher than Connor has been able to. This would be something better suited to the summer than right now.

Oh i was under the impression thid was more meant as a summer deal

Reilly19

Jun 8, 2016

Anyway Ducks would move montour/vatanen/theodore with bieksa for nyquist/tatar and smith/sheahan?

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I think Connor for Theo has great potential, if the Ducks say no to my package of Dano, Perrault and a second.

Is Larsson or Theo more valuable to you?

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
I think Connor for Theo has great potential, if the Ducks say no to my package of Dano, Perrault and a second.

Is Larsson or Theo more valuable to you?

Ducks don't need either of those guys. The only thing of value there is the draft pick. Why would they take spare parts and a second when there would obviously be better options (and if not there's no incentive to move them). Theo is slightly more valuable but Larsson isn't that far behind. He looked pretty good for his age in his short tryout this season and went back to Europe to play the season. There's no rush to move Larsson unless the move made the team considerably better today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad