Value of: Shayne Gostisbehere

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I would try to trade Ghost to the Rangers for DeAngelo--assuming DeAngelo could be extended for 4-5 years. Both are offensive-minded D. The Rangers are loaded on the right side with Trouba and Fox and could use another talented lefty. The Flyers could use a righty. Ghost has term and a very friendly contract (4.5 hit) so the Rangers have some nice cost-certainty there if they want to to continue trying to sign Kreider.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
This won't go over well here but the Flyers better make a decision on patrick.....he plays and contributes or he can't. What kind of influence is he having on the team practicing but not

"doing the do" in games ?? "patty" needs to get his act and head together or the Flyers MUST move on.....JMHO
I find it sad that people like you exist who think Patrick needs to just suck it up and play. I bet you say the same thing about someone recovering from a bad concussion. If it doesn't show up on an MRI, you're fine, right?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I would try to trade Ghost to the Rangers for DeAngelo--assuming DeAngelo could be extended for 4-5 years. Both are offensive-minded D. The Rangers are loaded on the right side with Trouba and Fox and could use another talented lefty. The Flyers could use a righty. Ghost has term and a very friendly contract (4.5 hit) so the Rangers have some nice cost-certainty there if they want to to continue trying to sign Kreider.

I don't think that trade is fair to the NYR unless there is a hefty add from the Flyers. DeAngelo is having a hell of a season.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I don't think that trade is fair to the NYR unless there is a hefty add from the Flyers. DeAngelo is having a hell of a season.

Right, he's having a hell of a season, but he's been expendable in two other situations. Ghost has a 65 point season on his resume and he comes with a friendly contract and term. There is risk/reward here for both teams. What happens if DeAngelo signs a big deal then plays like the player Tampa and Arizona traded?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Well different players in different positions. Pageau is having a career year and played a key role at center for the Sens. Ghost is not having a career year and is currently on a conditioning stint.
What I typed tongue firmly planted in cheek. 1 and 2 for Pageau is way way too much especially for Islanders who are not winning the cup this year.There are about 6 teams I can make case to go for it and give up the 1. Islanders are not one of those teams. If Leafs are watching get a 1 back for Barrie NOW!

Reactions: TFHockey

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

I wouldn't. Not sure him and AV have the greatest relationship, based on some rumblings from a few years ago. DeAngelo has also repeatedly demonstrated that he's kind of a dick, and the Flyers currently have a pretty tight-knit group of actual likable personalities, for once. Don't think he fits at all.

He's on pace to be Ghost, but an even more extreme case. I don't mean that in a good way.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I wouldn't. Not sure him and AV have the greatest relationship, based on some rumblings from a few years ago. DeAngelo has also repeatedly demonstrated that he's kind of a dick, and the Flyers currently have a pretty tight-knit group of actual likable personalities, for once. Don't think he fits at all.

He's on pace to be Ghost, but an even more extreme case. I don't mean that in a good way.
Valid point on personality. It would all depend on AV sign-off. I'm strictly talking about a need for a need. The Flyers could use a talented RH defenseman and the Rangers are deep on the right side. Both are offensive PP guys--similar skills.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I've been thinking about the Lindblom thing for a bit now. If he's still unable to play come the ED, will the Flyers need to protect him? I'm not sure what the rule is for something like that. I don't know if there's a rule about not having to protect or being required to protect players on LTIR or something but with certain injuries I can see teams taking advantage of it.

It would put everyone in a weird position if they had to protect him. Part of me sees it as a business and thinks protecting a guy who may never play again would be bad idea but the right thing to do is keep him in the family. It would also be pretty weird for him to have to move to another franchise while going through treatment.

Either way, the Flyers should do the smart thing and go 7-3 instead of 4-4.

no they don't need to protect him. Which kinda sucks because now they have a chance to protect both jvr and voracek. Was hoping one of them would be taken to free some cap

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
no they don't need to protect him. Which kinda sucks because now they have a chance to protect both jvr and voracek. Was hoping one of them would be taken to free some cap

If they sign him to a contract before then, they'll need to protect him. If they dont qualify him, he becomes a UFA and it's a non issue.

I imagine that, short of a diagnosis that is basically terminal, the flyers will at least qualify him for next year.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
If they sign him to a contract before then, they'll need to protect him. If they dont qualify him, he becomes a UFA and it's a non issue.

I imagine that, short of a diagnosis that is basically terminal, the flyers will at least qualify him for next year.
i thought because he will be on the ltir and hasn't played 60 games we don't have to?

Reactions: Curufinwe

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Right, he's having a hell of a season, but he's been expendable in two other situations. Ghost has a 65 point season on his resume and he comes with a friendly contract and term. There is risk/reward here for both teams. What happens if DeAngelo signs a big deal then plays like the player Tampa and Arizona traded?
Flyers are not trading Gost for AD....and having to add to get him, only to have to expose a Dman in the expansion draft.

Ghost will likely get traded in the summer, but it won't be for a Dman that is a top 4 guy. It's likely for futures or an expansion exempt guy. Or worst case, they keep him and he plays next year and we see where we are and how Ghost plays all next year. That gives York, Zamula and Kalynuk all another year to develop. Not the worst option.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I said a few months back I'd consider a deal for larrson and puljujarvi. That's a cap neutral deal.

In the off-season the cap isn't as big a factor and I'd want more being as it's futures oriented

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad