Value of: Shayne Gostisbehere

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
From a Philly perspective, I don't agree with that statement. We needed pieces for a rebuild, not to continue to be middle-of-the-pack. Brayden Schenn wasn't taking us anywhere.

Morgan Frost and Farabee may take us some places.

Not every trade has strictly a winner and a loser. It's all a matter of "Did it accomplish what that team wanted?"

So I take it you are not a fan of Schenn? Farabee and Frost better take us some places. Cause as of today you got nothing for Braydon while he helped the blues win a cup and do not say he had a small part in getting the cup. But like I said when the deal was done...just give it time. And I still like the trade with the leafs to snag TK. That was a steal.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
So I take it you are not a fan of Schenn? Farabee and Frost better take us some places. Cause as of today you got nothing for Braydon while he helped the blues win a cup and do not say he had a small part in getting the cup. But like I said when the deal was done...just give it time. And I still like the trade with the leafs to snag TK. That was a steal.

Schenn's fine - I don't dislike him. I just know what he was here. He wasn't/isn't a star and he wasn't going to dig us out of anything. I'm glad he helped the Blues and all, but that doesn't mean we lost the trade as Flyers. It just means you very much got what you needed from it as the Blues -- and based off of how great Frost and Farabee look, we're getting what we need out of it too.

Reactions: Dooble08

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

Big fan of Brayden Schenn. But to say we got nothing for him is disingenuous. We were rebuilding and he wasn't going to help us win a Cup. It was a really good trade for both teams.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Schenn's fine - I don't dislike him. I just know what he was here. He wasn't/isn't a star and he wasn't going to dig us out of anything. I'm glad he helped the Blues and all, but that doesn't mean we lost the trade as Flyers. It just means you very much got what you needed from it as the Blues -- and based off of how great Frost and Farabee look, we're getting what we need out of it too.
I never said we lost the trade just it was going to take years to see how it pans out and right now the blues will tell you they won the deal. I hope you are right when you say Frost and Farabee look great, I am not just ready yet to say they are the second coming. I am a huge Farabee fan.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
how can you say frost and farabee look great? whats your definition of great?

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

How about that Schenn is on pace for 63 points this season. As are Farabee and Frost combined. They are 19 and 20 respectively, cost controlled, and still developing. I wouldn't trade Frost and Farabee to get Schenn back.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
well farabee won HE rookie of the year last year I mean he has some pretty great company in that aspect along the lines of eichel and Keller, frost has been a maniac since he was drafted putting up unreal ohl numbers and started off well in the nhl and is doing pretty darn good in the ahl both defensive wise and also point wise they both have super high ceiling

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
well farabee won HE rookie of the year last year I mean he has some pretty great company in that aspect along the lines of eichel and Keller, frost has been a maniac since he was drafted putting up unreal ohl numbers and started off well in the nhl and is doing pretty darn good in the ahl both defensive wise and also point wise they both have super high ceiling
i am talking nhl. neither are great players right now. maybe some day

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
How about that Schenn is on pace for 63 points this season. As are Farabee and Frost combined. They are 19 and 20 respectively, cost controlled, and still developing. I wouldn't trade Frost and Farabee to get Schenn back.
thats fine they re 19 and 20. they are not great nhl players at this point. that is all i am saying.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Its rare but sometimes trades work for both teams Schenn playing well and got blues a cup. But long term potential oh I take Farabee and Frost all day every day.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
i am talking nhl. neither are great players right now. maybe some day
Well farabee is actually playing really well, he’s a rookie I don’t expect him to put up 69 points his first year nobody does, although I think he’s top 5 in p/60 for rookies so I mean obviously he’s not doing bad

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Well farabee is actually playing really well, he’s a rookie I don’t expect him to put up 69 points his first year nobody does, although I think he’s top 5 in p/60 for rookies so I mean obviously he’s not doing bad
who said he was doing bad? bottom line is he isnt a great player at this point in time. not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
hextall was the assistant GM, he had some say and was involved.

That was Homer's contract. Don't try to put it on Hexy because he was in the org at the time. That contract and trade was Homer all-day-long as a GM. Hextall was the opposite.

Since they're prospects actively making the jump to the NHL, my measuring stick of "great" is by their progress relative to a year ago and it's looking great.

Farabee is a regular contributor already with a ton of upside and Morgan Frost has shown in juniors/glimpses of pros that he can be a big time offensive contributor.

who said he was doing bad? bottom line is he isnt a great player at this point in time. not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

No one said Farabee or Frost are great players. I just said they look "great", which is a relative term. They aren't Connor McDavid, but for 19 & 20 year olds they're looking pretty terrific as far as their development is concerned.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
That was Homer's contract. Don't try to put it on Hexy because he was in the org at the time. That contract and trade was Homer all-day-long as a GM. Hextall was the opposite.

Since they're prospects actively making the jump to the NHL, my measuring stick of "great" is by their progress relative to a year ago and it's looking great.

Farabee is a regular contributor already with a ton of upside and Morgan Frost has shown in juniors/glimpses of pros that he can be a big time offensive contributor.

No one said Farabee or Frost are great players. I just said they look "great", which is a relative term. They aren't Connor McDavid, but for 19 & 20 year olds they're looking pretty terrific as far as their development is concerned.
hextall had say in that deal as he knew he was taking over. in fact he has gone on record saying it was good or something to that effect.

well they also dont look great. thats an overstatement. Joel has been fine, frost isnt even in the nhl.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
hextall had say in that deal as he knew he was taking over. in fact he has gone on record saying it was good or something to that effect.

well they also dont look great. thats an overstatement. Joel has been fine, frost isnt even in the nhl.
Man you are nitpicking.

Since being drafted Frost and Farabee HAVE looked great. They are developing very well. No one expected either of them to outperform Schenn this year. The whole trade was St.Louis wins the deal short term(1st 5 years) and the Flyers hopefully win the deal long term(after the 5 years). That's what a good trade for both teams is when one is the seller and the other a buyer.

You are hung up on the work "great". Their DEVELOPMENT is going great. Is that better?

Now....time to stop derailing....this thread is about none of those 3 guys. It's about Ghost.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Man you are nitpicking.

Since being drafted Frost and Farabee HAVE looked great. They are developing very well. No one expected either of them to outperform Schenn this year. The whole trade was St.Louis wins the deal short term(1st 5 years) and the Flyers hopefully win the deal long term(after the 5 years). That's what a good trade for both teams is when one is the seller and the other a buyer.

You are hung up on the work "great". Their DEVELOPMENT is going great. Is that better?

Now....time to stop derailing....this thread is about none of those 3 guys. It's about Ghost.
not nit icking at all. well thats your opinion they look great. This has nothing to do with schenn at all. stop derailing yeah ok was responding to a post in this thread. Its way to early to say if the trade was good bad or indifferent for the flyers

Ghost is severely overrated by flyers fans. His so called great contract doesn't look so great today does it? I would trade him rather easily. Though i also wouldnt give him away just yet for junk.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
not nit icking at all. well thats your opinion they look great. This has nothing to do with schenn at all. stop derailing yeah ok was responding to a post in this thread. Its way to early to say if the trade was good bad or indifferent for the flyers

Ghost is severely overrated by flyers fans. His so called great contract doesn't look so great today does it? I would trade him rather easily. Though i also wouldnt give him away just yet for junk.

Once again like he said. They have developed great. Farabee is in the NHL at 19 years old. Frost is on the doorstep of being in the NHL (probably should be in the NHL).

It does have a lot to do with Brayden Schenn. This was all brought up when speaking about the trade that sent Schenn to St. Louis for 1st round picks that turned into Frost and Farabee.

The bolded paragraph is about 100% incorrect. It's how people who don't watch Flyers or Gostosbehere view him. Luckily not how the majority of Flyers fans or Flyers management think. His deal s absurdly good. If we had the option to restructure contracts like the NFL does, Ghost's contract isn't one that I would restructure. If it was so easy to trade him, he would have been traded already.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

schenn wasn't a great player at all 19 only scoring 2 points in 8 game. He didn't play a full season until he was 22 and had 41 points. Farabee has 20 points as a 19 year old. If you are going to compare the players the do it at their age when they were in the nhl. How can you really compare a 28, in his prime schenn, to two rookies who haven't even scratched the surface of their talents yet haha. Farabee is on pace to do much better than schenn at his current age.

Reactions: Hexy4 and MSSLYNX

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009

Curious to see a fair offer you would make. I would not trade him as a Flyers fan. 3 great (you like this word i believe) years cant be a fluke.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
No offence to Lowry or you but honestly I don’t think he’s anything we need we have lots of shutdown guys, we need scoring Lowry doesn’t make the team over Laughton, Patrick or even frost currently

i would love lowry as our 4c. Guy is a great addition to the bottom 6..but not for ghost lol

Reactions: Tripod

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
The reason why I started the thread is because I was wondering what the cost would be. If he could be had at a reasonable price I'd suggest a trade. If Philly wants to hang on to him I understand.

Ghost definitely will be moved before the expansion draft. We are NOT going to keep him over sanheim, provorov, and Myers. Myers is a 6'5, right handed shot, great skating dman. Those don't grow on trees and he is more cost controlled than ghost. We also have a ghost replacement in york that should be here come expansion time or soon after.
Thus, ghost will and should be gone during the summer, at the trade deadline next year, or right before the draft (i think you can still make a trade before the expansion draft?).

As for the price...I think I might get some "no way" responses but hear me out: 1st round pick, prospect, and maybe an expiring contract if needed to work the deal out. If zucker can get a 1st, high prospect, and an expiring, there is no doubt ghost can as well. Both ghost and zucker had career years and two stinkers after that. Ghost still put up decent numbers for a "stinker" last year and had 37 points. Yes he hasn't been putting up numbers this year, but the whole flyers squad are putting up career low numbers (say for 2-3 players). He hasn't been in a position to succeed and get those points either before his injury. If zucker can get that then ghost should as well. Dmen are generally more expensive and they have similar contracts. Just my 2 cents

People offering worst than what dillon and scandella got are crazy lol. Ghost is better than them so he should get more...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad