Value of: Shayne Gostisbehere

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
i would love lowry as our 4c. Guy is a great addition to the bottom 6..but not for ghost lol
He’s good yes, I feel like if we’re trading for someone we have much better options tho if we’re going in we may as well spend the extra and get a defensive and offensive #3 like tierney

Reactions: flyersNducks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
He’s good yes, I feel like if we’re trading for someone we have much better options tho if we’re going in we may as well spend the extra and get a defensive and offensive #3 like tierney

i think lowry is a much better defensive center than tierney. Both would be nice additions. I think tierney would be a little cheaper so im down for that. Either way, I think we should definitely try and get a bottom 6 center. Patrick can still come but I would still want another in case.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Ghost definitely will be moved before the expansion draft. We are NOT going to keep him over sanheim, provorov, and Myers. Myers is a 6'5, right handed shot, great skating dman. Those don't grow on trees and he is more cost controlled than ghost. We also have a ghost replacement in york that should be here come expansion time or soon after.
Thus, ghost will and should be gone during the summer, at the trade deadline next year, or right before the draft (i think you can still make a trade before the expansion draft?).

As for the price...I think I might get some "no way" responses but hear me out: 1st round pick, prospect, and maybe an expiring contract if needed to work the deal out. If zucker can get a 1st, high prospect, and an expiring, there is no doubt ghost can as well. Both ghost and zucker had career years and two stinkers after that. Ghost still put up decent numbers for a "stinker" last year and had 37 points. Yes he hasn't been putting up numbers this year, but the whole flyers squad are putting up career low numbers (say for 2-3 players). He hasn't been in a position to succeed and get those points either before his injury. If zucker can get that then ghost should as well. Dmen are generally more expensive and they have similar contracts. Just my 2 cents

People offering worst than what dillon and scandella got are crazy lol. Ghost is better than them so he should get more...

That is an astounding asking price for Ghost.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
i think lowry is a much better defensive center than tierney. Both would be nice additions. I think tierney would be a little cheaper so im down for that. Either way, I think we should definitely try and get a bottom 6 center. Patrick can still come but I would still want another in case.
Tierney also has offence in his game tho is what I’m saying is rather have someone two way than a one dimensional player

Reactions: flyersNducks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

how is a 1st and a prospect absurd? Ghost can still put up points, has a decent contract, and he should get similar to zucker.

Scandella got 2nd and a 4th
martinez got 2 seconds
dillon got 2nd and a 3rd

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
how is a 1st and a prospect absurd? Ghost can still put up points, has a decent contract, and he should get similar to zucker.

Scandella got 2nd and a 4th
martinez got 2 seconds
dillon got 2nd and a 3rd
If Ghost was healthy and playing ok this is not an outrageous ask. HOWEVA. Any gm who would take on the contract now and risks the knees giving up a 1 to do so is a fool. As far as offseason Flyers will not get a 1. If you are a team in free agency would you rather have say Justin Schultz and keep your 1 or Ghost? Flyers best scenerio is repair Ghost and decide what to do at 2021 ED. If old Ghost came back you could always go 4-4 and expose Patrick and Voracek.

Reactions: TFHockey

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What do you think he is worth given the return of other Dmen who have been traded?

And be clear, the only team that trades for Ghost is a team that wants to play him in the top 4 and on the top PP. A team should not trade for him to have him on the 3rd pair and play with bottom 6 wingers....like the Flyers are currently doing.

Reactions: Hexy4

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Ghost was healthy and playing ok this is not an outrageous ask. HOWEVA. Any gm who would take on the contract now and risks the knees giving up a 1 to do so is a fool. As far as offseason Flyers will not get a 1. If you are a team in free agency would you rather have say Justin Schultz and keep your 1 or Ghost? Flyers best scenerio is repair Ghost and decide what to do at 2021 ED. If old Ghost came back you could always go 4-4 and expose Patrick and Voracek.
But honestly, there will be no reason to go 4-4 when they have York, Zamula, Kalynuk, etc... on the verge.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
But honestly, there will be no reason to go 4-4 when they have York, Zamula, Kalynuk, etc... on the verge.
Understood and far more likely to go 7-3. But in dream scenerio Ghost gets 50 points in 20-21 +12 55 cf% and back to a pp 1 D-man. That Ghost you would keep over potential of Patrick.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Understood and far more likely to go 7-3. But in dream scenerio Ghost gets 50 points in 20-21 +12 55 cf% and back to a pp 1 D-man. That Ghost you would keep over potential of Patrick.
Yeah..it's all hypothetical. What if Patrick comes back and is a 60 point C next year while being great defensively?

Time will tell...but for sure the Flyers have no reason to trade Ghost unless it's for a good return. Keeping him for another year while York, Zamula, Kalynuk, etc... might make the most sense in the long run.....and then we can still trade him after next year and pre-expansion draft if we wish to.

Lot's of options...and one is not to just sell low on Ghost just because.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Yeah..it's all hypothetical. What if Patrick comes back and is a 60 point C next year while being great defensively?

Time will tell...but for sure the Flyers have no reason to trade Ghost unless it's for a good return. Keeping him for another year while York, Zamula, Kalynuk, etc... might make the most sense in the long run.....and then we can still trade him after next year and pre-expansion draft if we wish to.

Agree 100% dumbest move to make is trading Ghost for 2 or rental player.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

nah. We can't do 4-4 at all. It would absolutely idiotic to lose patrick. We have to protect couts, g, hayes, tk, patrick. Thats 5. We might not have to protect lindblom which sucks because now it leaves us to probably protect both voracek and jvr. Was hoping we can leave one of those contracts open for seattle to take. We are 100% keeping patrick over ghost.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

Agree 100% dumbest move to make is trading Ghost for 2 or rental player.

100% agree

ya i honestly can't see ghost not rebounding. He is having the worst luck as most flyer fans know. Almost every top flyer (except couts/tk) is having a career low in points and pp points. Those guys are fixing it and I expect ghost to as well. Just gotta put him back on the top pp as it is finally set up correctly.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
nah. We can't do 4-4 at all. It would absolutely idiotic to lose patrick. We have to protect couts, g, hayes, tk, patrick. Thats 5. We might not have to protect lindblom which sucks because now it leaves us to probably protect both voracek and jvr. Was hoping we can leave one of those contracts open for seattle to take. We are 100% keeping patrick over ghost.
As of today 7-3 is the more likely scenario. But say 20-21 Patrick misses 20 games with migranes gets 25 points. Lindblom doesn't play any of 20-21. Ghost is back and scores 55 points. I think you have to keep Ghost. And even if you didn't want to keep Ghost then a rejuvenated Ghost at 80 cents on the trade dollar is still worth more than Ghost today. In all scenarios dumping Ghost now for cheap is the worst solution.

Reactions: Tripod

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
As of today 7-3 is the more likely scenario. But say 20-21 Patrick misses 20 games with migranes gets 25 points. Lindblom doesn't play any of 20-21. Ghost is back and scores 55 points. I think you have to keep Ghost. And even if you didn't want to keep Ghost then a rejuvenated Ghost at 80 cents on the trade dollar is still worth more than Ghost today. In all scenarios dumping Ghost now for cheap is the worst solution.

no thats exactly what you want as a flyers fan. Ghost getting back to normal and trading him at an all time high value. I agree right now is stupid and it just won't happen given how we need him for playoffs. Next year, if we can find someone else to take his place until york/zamula are ready, then trade ghost. Someone said that we can trade ghost even after the season next year. IF we have to do that then fine (if we are in contention for playoffs and he is playing so well that we can't trade him)..trade him as soon as the season is over (if we can). Not sure on the ruling as to if we can make trades prior to expansion.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
no thats exactly what you want as a flyers fan. Ghost getting back to normal and trading him at an all time high value. I agree right now is stupid and it just won't happen given how we need him for playoffs. Next year, if we can find someone else to take his place until york/zamula are ready, then trade ghost. Someone said that we can trade ghost even after the season next year. IF we have to do that then fine (if we are in contention for playoffs and he is playing so well that we can't trade him)..trade him as soon as the season is over (if we can). Not sure on the ruling as to if we can make trades prior to expansion.
You CAN trade post season and before the expansion draft(would have to be before the expansion draft list is given in obviously). No reason to question it. From the Vegas ED"

NHL Expansion Draft 101

Certain teams may have protection issues, such as having more defensemen than they are able to protect. Since those teams will likely not be able to protect everyone, they won't want to risk losing players for nothing and may look to trade for draft picks or other assets. That means a team like the Devils, who have 11 picks in this year's draft and available cap space, could offer up a deal to take on one of those available players. That player would then fall under consideration to be protected by New Jersey.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I've been thinking about the Lindblom thing for a bit now. If he's still unable to play come the ED, will the Flyers need to protect him? I'm not sure what the rule is for something like that. I don't know if there's a rule about not having to protect or being required to protect players on LTIR or something but with certain injuries I can see teams taking advantage of it.

It would put everyone in a weird position if they had to protect him. Part of me sees it as a business and thinks protecting a guy who may never play again would be bad idea but the right thing to do is keep him in the family. It would also be pretty weird for him to have to move to another franchise while going through treatment.

Either way, the Flyers should do the smart thing and go 7-3 instead of 4-4.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I've been thinking about the Lindblom thing for a bit now. If he's still unable to play come the ED, will the Flyers need to protect him? I'm not sure what the rule is for something like that. I don't know if there's a rule about not having to protect or being required to protect players on LTIR or something but with certain injuries I can see teams taking advantage of it.

It would put everyone in a weird position if they had to protect him. Part of me sees it as a business and thinks protecting a guy who may never play again would be bad idea but the right thing to do is keep him in the family. It would also be pretty weird for him to have to move to another franchise while going through treatment.

Either way, the Flyers should do the smart thing and go 7-3 instead of 4-4.

If he can't play by the ED in June 2021 they won't need to protect him cause Seattle won't take a guy who hasn't played in almost two years.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
This won't go over well here but the Flyers better make a decision on patrick.....he plays and contributes or he can't. What kind of influence is he having on the team practicing but not

"doing the do" in games ?? "patty" needs to get his act and head together or the Flyers MUST move on.....JMHO

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If he can't play by the ED in June 2021 they won't need to protect him cause Seattle won't take a guy who hasn't played in almost two years.

Calm down Curu, you're a hothead and always have been. It'll get you and your brothers into trouble one day.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This won't go over well here but the Flyers better make a decision on patrick.....he plays and contributes or he can't. What kind of influence is he having on the team practicing but not

"doing the do" in games ?? "patty" needs to get his act and head together or the Flyers MUST move on.....JMHO

Spoke like someone who doesnt have migraine issues.

He just needs to take some tylenol, amirite?

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Yeah, I understand that. I wasn't asking if Seattle would or wouldn't take him. I just didn't know the rule about protecting someone in this situation.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad