Value of: Shayne Gostisbehere

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Is he available? Of course. Will he get traded with a bum knee? If you are another gm needed a D for the stretch run are you trading anything of value for Ghost who will start rehab in minors? Sure other gm's will offer 2's and slop but rather have 7d for the playoffs.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why even make this thread? He is trying to recover from knee surgery from early Jan. and just needed a shot for the pain(has scar tissue and likely needs it cleaned up in off season) and is now going on a conditioning stint to the AHL.

If traded, he will get a good return....because there is no reason to trade him for a poor one. The Flyers will need 8 Dmen going into the playoffs if they make it and have that now...so no room to trade one away.

At worst, we keep him for all of next year and run with:

Provy Niskanen
Sanheim Myers
Hagg Ghost
Friedman

Then, we can try and trade him if it makes sense or just expose him in the expansion draft...and by then Zamula and maybe York and Kalynuk all have 1 year of AHL experience under their belt. So it will be time to likely replace him anyway.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The reason why I started the thread is because I was wondering what the cost would be. If he could be had at a reasonable price I'd suggest a trade. If Philly wants to hang on to him I understand.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
What is Ghostbears value around the league? What does Philly get for him?

Is he even available Flyer fans?

Quite low at the moment. He has been injured and hasn't put up the point totals that he put up 2+ seasons ago. Fans of other teams will argue that he isn't as good. Flyers fans will argue that he's been injured and coaches haven't used him properly. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.

The majority of Flyers fans would prefer that we didn't trade him. Due to a lack of cap space, he seems like a likely candidate. Especially if we plan to add depth for a playoff push/run.

If we were trading Ghost, I'd prefer a center with some term and a similar cap hit as him.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Well, at the current market rates for 2nd pair at best D-man, I'd assume his cost would be anywhere from two 2nd's and a prospect or a 1st, 2nd, and prospect.

If we're talking futures.

Player trade I'd think he would cost a 2nd pair D-man or a middle six center.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Better keeping him if he's healthy and they make playoffs and he plays good trade him at draft.....they say him and AV don't get along....who knows.....only thing we know is the offer wouldn't be too fair right now that's for sure.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I could see the flyers moving Ghost. Doesn't seem like a good fit with AV, he still has value, and the flyers still have a lot of defensive depth in the pipeline.

That said what they would want in return is confusing. Fletcher is a go all in type GM so I could see anything being possible .

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Any interest in Lowry from winnipeg? Also recovering from an injury... big bodied centre that is great in a shut down role but has limited offensive upside. Can play 3C/4C

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The reason why I started the thread is because I was wondering what the cost would be. If he could be had at a reasonable price I'd suggest a trade. If Philly wants to hang on to him I understand.
Make an offer.

But in reality, a deal in the summer would make more sense for the Flyers because they would then have more AHL depth with the possibly adding Zamula, York, Kalynuk, Hogberg, and Wylie to the AHL next year.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Any interest in Lowry from winnipeg? Also recovering from an injury... big bodied centre that is great in a shut down role but has limited offensive upside. Can play 3C/4C
We would like him....but he only has 1 year left and we can't afford to re-sign him. So there would need to be more added. The upside of Ghost and having 3 more years of him cost controlled is just too lopsided for just Lowry.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
No offence to Lowry or you but honestly I don’t think he’s anything we need we have lots of shutdown guys, we need scoring Lowry doesn’t make the team over Laughton, Patrick or even frost currently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad