Value of: Shayne GOSTISBEHERE

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No, it's silly to have zero interest for highly talented, young, osive dman on a good contract but we all know what you are trying to do here.
What am I trying to do exactly?
I didn't make an offer or anything it's not like I'm trying to lower the price. I'm just saying if my team moved a core piece for ghost I think it'd be a loss for my team. Nothing wrong with that statement.
Why pay premium assets for a player I wasn't overly impressed by when there are other offensive dmen to go after.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Between the offers of Kadri, RNH, etc i think you're absolutely mistaken. NHL execs might have different opinions than us but I'd wager a team would be more than happy to do that deal if it was a "hockey trade"
I'm not moving RNH for him. That's a very easy no. Why would we need another LHD when we have an offensive blue chipper in Bouchard, and RNH is 1 of 3 NHL forwards we have.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That is absurd.

He is overrated though in terms of being a complete top 4 defenseman. He has a lot of offensive skills and his skating is very very good but his play in his own end is average at best. Teams will have concerns with how he actually plays D and I suspect this is the reason why the Flyers would trade him in the 1st place.

He has lots of value, just not as much as some may think.

Reactions: The S5

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Ghost is wayyy overrated in the tread, jezz he had one good year.
Was his 1 good year the one where he finished 17th in Norris voting and 2nd in Calder voting to Panarin and ahead of McDavid or was it the year he put up 65 points and finished 10th in Norris voting? You have a high threshold for what is considered good if either of those don't fit the definition.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
He is overrated though in terms of being a complete top 4 defenseman. He has a lot of offensive skills and his skating is very very good but his play in his own end is average at best. Teams will have concerns with how he actually plays D and I suspect this is the reason why the Flyers would trade him in the 1st place.

He has lots of value, just not as much as some may think.
Yeah, he's an offensive defenseman. I don't think anyone is questioning that. If he was a really good defender along with being an offensive weapon locked up for 4 more years at $4.5m from age 26 to 29 we wouldn't be talking about getting a 2C in return, we would be talking about getting a franchise center.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I'm not moving RNH for him. That's a very easy no. Why would we need another LHD when we have an offensive blue chipper in Bouchard, and RNH is 1 of 3 NHL forwards we have.
Cool, I would never trade Gost for RNH. I (personally) also have zero interest in Edmonton roster outside of top two scorers. Flyers do not need prospects... We are stocked in every position. Not sure why you keep hanging around here... This is not "Lets trade Gost to Edmonton thread". Moving on.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, he's an offensive defenseman. I don't think anyone is questioning that. If he was a really good defender along with being an offensive weapon locked up for 4 more years at $4.5m from age 26 to 29 we wouldn't be talking about getting a 2C in return, we would be talking about getting a franchise center.

If he was that good, you wouldn't trade him.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Cool, I would never trade Gost for RNH. I also have zero interest in Edmonton roster outside of top two scorers. Flyers do not need prospects... We are stocked in every position. Not sure why you keep hanging around here... This is not "Lets trade Gost to Edmonton thread". Moving on.
I really don't see why you responded with that other than to try and flex for some reason.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Ok, this is kind of silly.. Gost is not offered (that is if the rumor is true) because he is bad... Sanheim showed that he could run PP, Myers has a lot of ability, same goes for Provorov. All under 24 years old.

Personally I am against moving him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How many times do you need to be told that were not trying to?

Talking about his value and I think you are getting a bit sensitive. Where there is smoke, there is fire usually. If he was as good as some say with his value, he would not be even talked about on the trade rumors or his trade value

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Talking about his value and I think you are getting a bit sensitive. Where there is smoke, there is fire usually. If he was as good as some say with his value, he would not be even talked about on the trade rumors or his trade value

Ah, there was a Value of: Kotkaniemi thread a few days ago. Where theres smoke theres fire, right? Guess he isnt as good either.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I don't think most Flyer fans want to trade him. It would have to be the perfect offer, and the Flyers would have to have his replacement acquired in a separate deal trade or UFA signing. I hope he stays, he's a gamebreaking talent.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What are the Flyers looking for in return? And why is he available?

He's not "available."

He's just not "untouchable."

Neither are most members of the Flyers, aside from Giroux and Hart.

He's not getting traded unless the Flyers are acquiring a replacement defensemen in the deal, in a separate deal, or signing Karlsson. They can't afford to subtract from their defense heading into 19-20. Needs to be bolstered if anything.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ah, there was a Value of: Kotkaniemi thread a few days ago. Where theres smoke theres fire, right? Guess he isnt as good either.

Good point but I don't think there are as many trade rumors surrounding Kotkaniemi vs Gostisbehere though right? You tell me why a player like Gost keeps popping up in trade rumors? Who started this? :dunno:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think most Flyer fans want to trade him. It would have to be the perfect offer, and the Flyers would have to have his replacement acquired in a separate deal trade or UFA signing. I hope he stays, he's a gamebreaking talent.

Fair. Why is his name involved in trade chatter? I'm curious to know where this started? I know why the Habs fan base have Drouin in trade chatter so you tell me why Gost's name keeps popping up?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
You didn’t answer the question.

I’m in the thread because Philly wants too much for him. And Edmonton has a lot more reasons not to deal RNH than Philly has for ghost. Both perfectly good reasons.

But sure go on making an *** of yourself
Again... this is not about Gost value to Edmonton.. I could care less about Edmonton or what you have to offer because outside of two top scorers you have nothing we want (IMO) as far as I am concern.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Good point but I don't think there are as many trade rumors surrounding Kotkaniemi vs Gostisbehere though right? You tell me why a player like Gost keeps popping up in trade rumors? Who started this? :dunno:

No idea. Maybe lots of people are recognizing that Ghost is a a good player and they want him on their team, so theyre making a bunch of threads? Or maybe because our GM went out and said he wants to upgrade the roster and people are taking that out of context. I mean, isnt it every GM's job to upgrade their roster?

At the end of the day, the Flyers literally cant afford to move Ghost unless they are getting someone back who can take his spot in the line up (a lateral "hockey trade" for the top 4 RHD that weve been discussing) or theres a follow up move to do so, in which case the only other big gap on our roster is a 2C, to allow Patrick to develop as a 3C.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
What are you talking about? Isn't this thread about a player's value, hence the "Value of..." thread title? You said he's an offensive defenseman with average at best defensive play. My point was that if he was a good defender while still being an offensive weapon the value wouldn't be a 2C which is what pretty much every Flyers fan is saying, it would be a high end 1C.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Ghost is LH but plays right and is what we hope Evan will be. And while I'd hate to give Nuge up I think Patrick can be very good, maybe not as good offensively but more a Jordan Staal type which would soften the blow considerably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad