Value of: Shayne GOSTISBEHERE

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Realistically, he shouldn't be. The only think he'd be available for is a legit top 4 RHD or a legit 2C, both of which need to be at Ghost's age or under.

I'm sure it's been a popular theme but Kadri for him makes a lot of sense. They need RD and he could replace Gardiner's offense. Kadri fits the flyers mold of a player perfectly.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
What are the Flyers looking for in return? And why is he available?
He shouldn't be available but he had a poor season and guys like Provorov, Sanheim, and Myers aren't going anywhere so if they want to improve their Center depth I could see him moved for the right guy. Someone <25 that's proven to be able to play 2C would be intriguing.

No to Kadri for Ghost. If we're trading Ghost for a Center it's got to be someone who can be with this young core for a long time.

Reactions: Dooble08

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He's #10 on TSN Trade Bait Board. Where there's smoke...

Loui Eriksson and Milan Lucic are on there too. I'm sure both those teams would love to get rid of them. Sadly, i dont think theyre going to find many buyers.

Being on the list doesnt mean youre necessarily available, just as being available doesnt mean youre likely to be moved.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
What are the Flyers looking for in return? And why is he available?
For my own little inside knowledge, a friend was at Monks in Rittenhouse Square where some flyers higher ups were and he asked about some stuff which he relayed on to me:

1) They had no intention of trading ghost during the season.
2) they think media personalities are spinning the team in different directions as to what is wrong and so forth.

They aren’t people that make the decisions, idk who they were, but they did work back office jobs in development and team set up.

Ghost most likely won’t be traded.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He shouldn't be available but he had a poor season and guys like Provorov, Sanheim, and Myers aren't going anywhere so if they want to improve their Center depth I could see him moved for the right guy. Someone <25 that's proven to be able to play 2C would be intriguing.

No to Kadri for Ghost. If we're trading Ghost for a Center it's got to be someone who can be with this young core for a long time.

so a 23-24 year old top 6 C?

dont see it happening. Kadri is 28. its not like he is 33 haha

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Only trade Ghost for a better player.

Ghost is an extremely valuable trade piece considering skill, age, position, and most importantly contract.

Not a guy you can/should get cheap, but then again I don't trust Fletcher so we'll see.

Reactions: phlocky

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Kadri doesn't fit on Philly because of Couturier. They play the exact same position/role. I would guess that Philly would be looking to Nashville, since they are looking to offload Subban and maybe some others.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
so a 23-24 year old top 6 C?

dont see it happening. Kadri is 28. its not like he is 33 haha
I like Kadri a lot, just not at the price of Ghost.

29 isn't old but it's also not young for a team that isn't currently a contender. There are a lot of Flyers fans that want to get rid of Voracek who is 29 because they want younger players to grow with the core. Trading one of those young guys for a 29 year old just doesn't make a lot of sense for this team right now.

Kadri is 28. still half a year before he turns 29
Unfortunately the Flyers don't play in the summer very often. Kadri will be 29 and Ghost will be 26 all of next season.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Kadri doesn't fit on Philly because of Couturier. They play the exact same position/role. I would guess that Philly would be looking to Nashville, since they are looking to offload Subban and maybe some others.

Same production for half the cap hit. Whats being added from the Nashville side - it better be juicy.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Eh. Basically same age. Kadri has proven he is a 30g center when he gets top 6 minutes. Both had a worse year than normal. Both have their warts.

IMO closer than either fan base will admit.

I wouldn’t touch it because of the person, I think Kadri has a major cloud over him for blowing not one but two post seasons.

Huge absolutely not.

And he’s like 2.5 years older. Nope.

Reactions: Amorgus

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

Subban is older and much much more expensive.

Is Nashville adding?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad