Speculation: Shattenkirk will get 7-8 million as a ufa?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If the Rangers are able to sign him, I'd expect a deal in the Yandle range. It would also mean that they have traded Nash and either moved Girardi or Staal.

I could see the Rangers in on this to the tune of 6.5x6

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I wonder if LA might be in on him if they can somehow move Brown's contract somehow. They've needed a top-4 guy since Voynov torpedoed them.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Seems set on going to the north, but I'd love Shattenkirk at 7.5 million on Dallas. Really impressive fancy stat numbers. One of the best shot suppression defenseman in the league and puts up points.

The notion of "shut down" defenders is antiquated and dead. The game is too fast for players like that (old school Chara, Hatcher, etc) to succeed.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
latest

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
He's gonna be a Devil. And I usually don't expect them to get anyone :laugh:

Will be depressing when it doesn't actually happen.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Yup. Someone is gonna pay this man. He's earned it.

No chance he stays put though?

I just doubt that St. Louis would pay the man what he could get in the open market when they have Pietrangelo and Parayko on the right side already.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Shattenkirk's defense gets so underrated around here. He's not a world beater, and pales in comparison to Pietrangelo, but he can certainly hold his own.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I just doubt that St. Louis would pay the man what he could get in the open market when they have Pietrangelo and Parayko on the right side already.

Pretty much. If Shattenkirk was a LHD this would not even be a discussion. But with Parayko needing a new contract after this season, there's just no need to have so much money tied up in 3 right handed defensemen.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
This is a guy the Devils can afford to overpay, they have plenty of cap space and he's not far from the area. I hope they make a strong play, but I'm sure there will be plenty of suitors for his services.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Shattenkirk's defense gets so underrated around here. He's not a world beater, and pales in comparison to Pietrangelo, but he can certainly hold his own.

Yep, he just gets directly compared to Pietrangelo and Parayko when you watch games, which is a bit unfair.

As for his contract, Yandle will be a great comp for him.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Jeff Gorton is not Glen Sather we will not continue to over pay players closing in on 30 the first few years of their deal. But that's ok that u think that. I hope we don't sign him because we have too much money tied into defense as it is

This. Gorton passed up the chance to overpay Yandle, and now we're getting more value out of Nick Holden. I don't expect us to splurge on Shattenkirk or any other D, but work the trade market to land a RD with the potential to develop into something good or better.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I fully expect the Devils to hand him a contract with the numbers blank and just let him fill it in haha.

Greene-Shattenkirk
Merrill-Severson
Moore-Santini

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
As a UFA RH D-man, Shattenkirk is going to get at least 8 mil. UFA's like him get paid a ton more, especially since there will essentially be a bidding war going on for him.

The Blues for example, are paying Paul Stastny 7 million a year......because they signed him as a UFA, and he wasn't even the top available UFA center that year.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
As a UFA RH D-man, Shattenkirk is going to get at least 8 mil. UFA's like him get paid a ton more, especially since there will essentially be a bidding war going on for him.

The Blues for example, are paying Paul Stastny 7 million a year......because they signed him as a UFA, and he wasn't even the top available UFA center that year.

He's not getting $8M/year.

Stastny got $7M because he signed a short contract (4 years). Also, he was the top available UFA center from what I recall.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He's not getting $8M/year.

Stastny got $7M because he signed a short contract (4 years). Also, he was the top available UFA center from what I recall.

I can totally see 7/7.
49 million, the bulk payable up front in the event of a work stoppage. Next CBA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad