Confirmed with Link: Shattenkirk and Copley for 2017 1st, 2019 Cond' 2nd, Sanford and Malone

Valhuen

Secretary of Defense
Apr 10, 2011
Tucson via Spokane
Got plenty of goalie talent to trade. The question is, what can we get that is an upgrade over what we have?

Plenty of goalie talent? If you mean prospects than yes, though trading Samsonov would be a terrible idea IMHO.

Grubauer needs to stay on this team through the PO's in case anything happens to Holts. Would rather let him get picked up by Vegas in the expansion draft and have him for the run than use him as trade bait now even if that would help our F depth.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Plenty of goalie talent? If you mean prospects than yes, though trading Samsonov would be a terrible idea IMHO.

Grubauer needs to stay on this team through the PO's in case anything happens to Holts. Would rather let him get picked up by Vegas in the expansion draft and have him for the run than use him as trade bait now even if that would help our F depth.

If you can win a Cup with Grubauer, there's no reason to keep Holtby.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You're right. I mispoke. Shattenkirk can play defense, so he's better than Mike Green.

He was talking purely about skating ability, my man. Green could absolutely fly. His change of direction was unusually good and his acceleration from a stop was at the top of his class. With regularity he would intercept a pass in the defensive slot and start a 3 on 2 going the other way based purely on that explosion.

Shattenkirk can skate but he is not in Green's class

Valhuen

Secretary of Defense
Apr 10, 2011
Tucson via Spokane
Which also means they placed Burt (or another player) on LTIR. Means Burakovsky is out until at least March 11th (LTIR minimum is 30 days, and he can be placed retroactively back until February 9th).

That's fine, get him rested up for the stretch run and PO's. Doubt he would have been ready before then at any rate.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Shattenkirk should probably be the #2 RHD at even strength on this team, assuming Shattenkirk is able to gel. Shattenkirk does everything Carlson does but in addition he drives possession. Carlson has struggled all year and in particular the Alzner-Carlson pairing has been brutal. There's no reason to suggest that pair should stay together and Carlson shouldn't be gifted a top 4 role unless he earns it.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Now that i think about it this has to be one of the least Canadian teams in the NHL, off the top of my head we've got Williams, Connolly, Winnik, Beagle, Wilson, Alzner, Holtby. Not sure we can win a cup with so few good ol' Canadian boys.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Now that i think about it this has to be one of the least Canadian teams in the NHL, off the top of my head we've got Williams, Connolly, Winnik, Beagle, Wilson, Alzner, Holtby. Not sure we can win a cup with so few good ol' Canadian boys.

I realized that last year during the Flyers series. The guy behind me was chirping about all our Euros, when I pointed out that the Flyers had just as many. I then also tried to point out that we had a ton of Americans, before he mentioned he was actually a Canadian.

Dude also apparently knows Holtbys dad, and thinks he's a jerk for being chased off the Holtby farm.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00