Confirmed with Link: Shattenkirk and Copley for 2017 1st, 2019 Cond' 2nd, Sanford and Malone

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
My one regret with this deal is Sanford being the only forward in the pipeline with plus size and the potential to play an effective heavy game. He's still very raw and doesn't totally know how to effectively maximize his skill set or size but with time he could be a pretty effective trench worker with decent skills. He's probably more of a 3C than winger I would think.

Heaviness is an area this Caps team probably needs more of, particularly in the playoffs. The degree that they can turn that up down the stretch and in the playoffs may be what ultimately determines their fate. Quick transition and puck movement will be a huge part of their identity but they'll also need to resist becoming too cute, high-flying and perimeter.

Could not possibly care less. The time is now, and I don't believe Sanford was going to play, let alone be the difference in the playoffs.

GMBM can restock the cupboard later.

Last edited:

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Sheesh, you guys act like we've never gone all in before. Don't you remember a few years ago when we got a gem known as Martin Erat? If that wasn't going all in NOTHING is!

So stoked about this trade ahh

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Sheesh, you guys act like we've never gone all in before. Don't you remember a few years ago when we got a gem known as Martin Erat? If that wasn't going all in NOTHING is!

Erat had term the following year, for one year i think.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA

Demanded! I see you came over here now too?! Must of missed when you joined!

I left the other Caps forum a bit ago. I'll check it from time to time, but it was getting a little stale for me.

Glad you're here and we can have good chats again!

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017

I left the other Caps forum a bit ago. I'll check it from time to time, but it was getting a little stale for me.

Which other forum are you referring to?

CapInSask

Jan 22, 2014
Moose Jaw, Sask
I saw a couple people write about this on twitter (Dan Rosen, Isabelle Khurshdyan), and I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in here yet, but I truly believe Shatty fits best as our 3rd pairing guy. Of course he's going to see plenty of PP time, but I think you leave Carlzner together and Nisky with Orlov. I haven't watched Shatty lately but what I hear from Blues fans is that he's not exactly a great defender when it comes to actually playing defense. I think if you put him on 3rd pairing with Orpik then you have a high offensive guy with a high defensive guy. I mean Mike Green was at his best when he played with John Erskine, similar idea with Shatty and Orpik. Thoughts?

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015

Hey man! For sure, I couldn't agree with you more. I still read it but I very rarely post now, mostly on here now and on the main HFBoards page

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I saw a couple people write about this on twitter (Dan Rosen, Isabelle Khurshdyan), and I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in here yet, but I truly believe Shatty fits best as our 3rd pairing guy. Of course he's going to see plenty of PP time, but I think you leave Carlzner together and Nisky with Orlov. I haven't watched Shatty lately but what I hear from Blues fans is that he's not exactly a great defender when it comes to actually playing defense. I think if you put him on 3rd pairing with Orpik then you have a high offensive guy with a high defensive guy. I mean Mike Green was at his best when he played with John Erskine, similar idea with Shatty and Orpik. Thoughts?

You try him everywhere and see what works. Carlzner has been meh and Orpik ans Nisky are both banged up so now is the ideal time to experiment.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Wow, I'm happy. When I saw the tweet about PIT/WSH on Shatty, I knew we will get him, during my sleep. And I was right

GMBM :bow:

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
http://i.imgur.com/NLL6lfp.mp4

:handclap:

Well that was the one spot and the one move that made any sense, imo. Had a feeling it was going to get done, what with Pitt so badly hamstrung by the MAF situation. Bmac needed to move quickly and he did. Not surprised. He's not a bull****ter like McPhee.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Could not possibly care less. The time is now, and I don't believe Sanford was going to play, let alone be the difference in the playoffs.

Yeah don't worry, we'll just trade a bag of pucks for Sanford in 2 years anyway. :laugh:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
It's funny how all Rangers fans says that is a bad trade for WSH, because he'll signe with them on July 1st. Would love to see Sharty score in the ECF game 7 OT goal against them.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008

Agree 100% on the first one. The caps have never gone all in before. This is actually considered going all in. Trading for a a top flight player that is established but not near death at the end of his career. Yes he is just a rental but its actually trading for a very good player and what he brings for the next 35-40 games (hopefully) knowing you are not going to keep him.
Erat was a bum and GMGM was trying to save his job. GMGM belongs in jail for his mismanagement of the caps. Arnott was done and Im trying to think of the other trades he made. Most of them didnt fix a weakness or were for washed up players.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its good to know the TDL isn't until today. The Caps still have til 3p to get these pending UFA's traded before they are lost for nothing, :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad