Confirmed with Link: Sharks vs. Kings - February 21st - Levi's Stadium

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I like CCR but the other two are just WTF, do people actually want to hear B tier country artists at a hockey game?

So much for trying to get new and younger fans.

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
Is anyone taking VTA to the game? I need to pick up my friend in SJ before heading to the Stadium (driving from the east bay), and I'm considering just driving to a VTA station and parking there instead of dealing with stadium traffic (entering and exiting) and $50 parking.

Is there a VTA station with parking anyone would recommend? From stories I've heard, traffic in and outflow is pretty bad at Levi's.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Hey guys and gals. Always look forward to our match ups. Should be a rough & fun environment at the game. We posted a one game dance off thread since this is a special occasion on the main board.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest

tiYwvhH.gif

these people:

Melissa+Etheridge.JPG

Fogerty.jpg

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Saying that I am underwhelmed by the musical artist choices is an understatement. Metallica would have been an obvious choice.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
That's... disappointing to say it nicely. Nothing against either of them, I even like CCR (and my father-in-law went to school with Fogerty) but really not the right kind of music for a hockey game...

I guess we can just be glad it isn't Neil Diamond.

Really though, no matter who it was, someone was going to be pissed. People are way too judgmental about music. Even if it was Metallica lots of people would complain. Imagine if it was someone like Fall Out Boy or Linkin Park... The whining would be deafening.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
That's... disappointing to say it nicely. Nothing against either of them, I even like CCR (and my father-in-law went to school with Fogerty) but really not the right kind of music for a hockey game...

I guess we can just be glad it isn't Neil Diamond.

Really though, no matter who it was, someone was going to be pissed. People are way too judgmental about music. Even if it was Metallica lots of people would complain. Imagine if it was someone like Fall Out Boy or Linkin Park... The whining would be deafening.

My biggest problem with it is that the Bay Area is such a creative haven for musical artists, and they pick two artists who are not remotely relevant and never really were (John Fogerty was never very relevant; CCR was, but that's old history).

I don't really care for Metallica much (at least post-And Justice For All), but at least they'd have going for them: 1. a history with the Sharks org (albeit recent), 2. Bay Area as a home, and 3. the distinction of being one of the most popular hard rock/metal groups to ever exist. It just makes sense, from a marketing standpoint.

Hell, even Green Day is from the Bay, along with countless other artists that would make more sense than ****ing Melissa Etheridge.

/rant

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
My biggest problem with it is that the Bay Area is such a creative haven for musical artists, and they pick two artists who are not remotely relevant and never really were (John Fogerty was never very relevant; CCR was, but that's old history).

I don't really care for Metallica much (at least post-And Justice For All), but at least they'd have going for them: 1. a history with the Sharks org (albeit recent), 2. Bay Area as a home, and 3. the distinction of being one of the most popular hard rock/metal groups to ever exist. It just makes sense, from a marketing standpoint.

Hell, even Green Day is from the Bay, along with countless other artists that would make more sense than ****ing Melissa Etheridge.

/rant

Actually surprised Metallica wasn't asked or chosen.

PredragD

May 5, 2011
Musical choices make sense. Relatively cheap has been's for the two intermissions. The first one has local ties, while the second one helps the NHL's "You Can Play" program.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Let's just hope they show up on Saturday instead of the crap they've been putting on the ice the past two weeks or so. I don't want them to get embarrassed on Saturday night. But with the way both teams are playing, it just might happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad