Sharks roster discussion

What should the Sharks do at the trade deadline this season?

• Nothing. They're fine as they are.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade whatever is necessary to add a blue-chip talent for a deep playoff run.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Make minor trades for depth, but don't give up a 1st or any top prospects.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Sell sell sell! This team is going nowhere and it's time to rebuild.

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This is in direct response to LZ, I'm not going to bother quoting the post since it's super long and right above me.

What is the time frame for that data? It's probably not fair to use PPG as the defining number in a comparison against a team whose specialty is drafting elite defensemen.
For example, Ryan Ellis was drafted one year after Tommy Wingels, they have almost similar GP and PPG, yet one is an elite top pairing defenseman and the other is a replacement level 3rd liner.

Regarding all your other points, they're ridiculous. You're saying I can't fault DW for passing on these specific players. Im not saying he had to draft one of these specific guys. I'm saying that he is not drafting players of THIS CALIBER. You asked me to compare him to other GMs. These are GMs of the teams that made it far last year. They are consistently getting players of this caliber in the later rounds. We are not. That is not luck. You can't just say DW is great at drafting and then say he is just unlucky when somebody explains to you why he is not a great drafter.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
If jumbo is basically on one leg his ice time has to reflect that.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Kurz had the lineup the Sharks used for Mondays practice in his article.

Kevin Labanc – Joe Thornton – Joe Pavelski
Tomas Hertl – Logan Couture – Mikkel Boedker
Joonas Donskoi – Chris Tierney – Timo Meier
Melker Karlsson – Ryan Carpenter – Jannik Hansen

I am actually fine with that though I would prefer if Boedker and Donskoi switch places.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Kurz had the lineup the Sharks used for Mondays practice in his article.

Kevin Labanc – Joe Thornton – Joe Pavelski
Tomas Hertl – Logan Couture – Mikkel Boedker
Joonas Donskoi – Chris Tierney – Timo Meier
Melker Karlsson – Ryan Carpenter – Jannik Hansen

I am actually fine with that though I would prefer if Boedker and Donskoi switch places.

I'd rather have Couture on the wing and Hertl at center.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Why am I just hearing that Paul Martin had surgery this summer? Was I just not paying attention or did they just never tell us?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Why am I just hearing that Paul Martin had surgery this summer? Was I just not paying attention or did they just never tell us?

Many injuries go unreported. Some still have never come out publicly. That's why it's hard for me to argue sometimes about how injured our team is/was, since it can't be posted here, which is probably good in the overall sense. Too much BS would be flying around.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
On a completely unrelated note, Joakim Ryan did not have surgery last summer. Just sayin'.

qlIHJ8R.gif

Ah... I see what ya did there

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Meier-Tierney-Donskoi sounds like a total disaster of a third line

And Boedker is still in the top six (and presumably on the 1st PP unit), I don't like that lineup

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Meier-Tierney-Donskoi sounds like a total disaster of a third line

And Boedker is still in the top six (and presumably on the 1st PP unit), I don't like that lineup
I'd really like to move on from Boedker, Hansen, Ward and Martin. Besides the overall savings, there are players that can do exactly what those 4 do either in the press box or with the Barracuda. Joakim Ryan can play with Burns, Carpenter and Sorensen can step in and help the PK and overall speed, and Goodrow can certainly play on the 4th line. One thing that has always bothered me about DW is how he calls the league a "copycat league," but he's always one evolutionary step behind.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Not much to be said about those 4 lines because our forward group is a total crapshoot. No consistency at all so far in 2 games. I want to see Heed on the back end. Galchenyuk has been demoted to the 4th line in Montreal apparently.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Not much to be said about those 4 lines because our forward group is a total crapshoot. No consistency at all so far in 2 games. I want to see Heed on the back end. Galchenyuk has been demoted to the 4th line in Montreal apparently.
I would gladly take Galchenyuk. Maybe Montreal wants Hansen and a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad