Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
What a great name for a goalie, cause every time he stops play he gets a whistle.

And right as I'm about to post the announcer makes the joke :laugh:

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
O'Regan with an assist
Vanier with a goal and an assist
Iceberg with 2 assists
Shadow with a goal
Chartier with an assist so far
Schoenborn with a goal and an assist so far
Galimov had a goal last game

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
If you guys haven't yet, check out Goldobin's assist from yesterday. 3 on 2 break, Goldobin coming down the middle, draws 2 defenders towards him, and gives a no look spin backhand pass to the wide open forward coming down the wing and he buries it.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Alex Schoenborn with game winner. Nice play!

Chartier with lazy play though. Needed to realize that defense pinched in. He was the closest to be 2nd guy back on D. Instead he lazily skated to bench for change leading to the 2-1.

I thought Merkley was best player for Rockets. Petan was great for Winterhawks. Chartier looked just so-so to me.

Baillie looked real nice as well. Still don't understand why Sharks didn't sign him after rookie camp.

TimAllen

Feb 1, 2010
Bay Area
Alex Schoenborn with game winner. Nice play!

Chartier with lazy play though. Needed to realize that defense pinched in. He was the closest to be 2nd guy back on D. Instead he lazily skated to bench for change leading to the 2-1.

Meh. He had been out there for a minute before that 2 on 1. I don't know if he could have even made it back to defend the play.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Rockets working hard to lose this one.

Ya, that was probably the worst game I've seen them play this season yet they still pulled a point out of it.

Chartier still showed, at times, why he's used in all situations and in fairly tough minutes as well as his offensive talent like his hands, vision and quick release.

Schoenborn had a very good game, he's had quite a few of them lately.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
7 points in 5 games since coming back from 4 game suspension. If he continues this: all hail the 2014 draft

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I was impressed with Schoenborn. Not sure why so many are down on him. Plays a Scott Hartnell style of game.

He didn't have pretty counting stats and probably projects as a 3rd liner / energy player according to many. A lot of people don't look at team effects, usage, and actual on ice play when it comes to prospects because much of the info isn't readily available and it usually costs money (and time) to watch them play.

I always want the Sharks to take the most highly skilled player available but I know that's not realistic and I don't care if they start picking players with a bit less skill but all of the "intangibles" they love so much starting in the 3rd round.

I was kind of indifferent on the Schoenborn pick but personally, the only pick I don't like in the 2014 draft is Rod but the Chartier, Sadowy and LeBanc picks will hopefully make up for that one.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He looks to have good hands in front of the net. Needs to become a stronger skater but he's far from the worst pick of the 2014 draft class. I have the same feeling with Rod. Not that I feel he couldn't be a good player but it just seems like one of those situations in which he never comes over to N.A.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He looks to have good hands in front of the net. Needs to become a stronger skater but he's far from the worst pick of the 2014 draft class. I have the same feeling with Rod. Not that I feel he couldn't be a good player but it just seems like one of those situations in which he never comes over to N.A.

I'm not sure he's all that good.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Possibly. I've never seen him play. I'm guessing he will play for the Swiss at WJC.

He should, he's been good in International play (U16, U18, U20) as well as pretty good for Genève-Servette U20 which isn't exactly a tough league.

I've only seen him a handful of times but according to someone who sees him fairly often he's struggled a lot for the big club. Maybe he's just having a hard time adjusting to playing against bigger, stronger players as he's still very young so maybe he'll come around.

I do know that he made sure the 4 year extension he signed over the summer had an NHL out clause so he does want to come to NA.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
The reason why I was so down on the Schoenborn pick was because we took him before his team mate De Leo went off the board. They had a huge difference in skill come the draft.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
The reason why I was so down on the Schoenborn pick was because we took him before his team mate De Leo went off the board. They had a huge difference in skill come the draft.

The difference in skill was probably not enough to overlook De Leo's size. Like I said, drafting is never about skill only even if many think it should be.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Iceberg and Banc with two assists each
O'Regan with a goal
Gaede (if anyone really cares) and Schoenborn with an assist each
Kuraly with a goal (another gw) and assist
Chartier with 2 goals (still gpg) and an assist

On a sidenote can someone tell me what exactly is up with Boudreau

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
If you guys haven't yet, check out Goldobin's assist from yesterday. 3 on 2 break, Goldobin coming down the middle, draws 2 defenders towards him, and gives a no look spin backhand pass to the wide open forward coming down the wing and he buries it.

Do you have a link to the play? The Goldie thread in the prospects forum had gone dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad