SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA

Well, they're getting draft attention from at least one guy
sharks46_crop_north.jpg

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Chmelevski with his teams only goal and his 30th on the season. Got robbed on the breakaway and got stoned by the goaltender in another opportunity.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Gregor with 2 goals
McGrew with a goal and an assist
Chekhovich with an assist
Gambrell with an assist
Halbgewachs with a goal
Reedy with an assist

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Chmelevski with an assist
Chekhovich with 2 goals and 2 assists
Halbgewachs with a goal

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Halbgewachs with a goal and an assist tonight. CHL leading 60 goals along with 50 assists

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Anyone from the past three drafts tearing it up like Labanc did?

No one is dominating to the extent he was unless you include Halbgewachs. If Chmelevski was on a better team, he would be putting up similar numbers. But I have a good feeling both Chmelevski and Chekhovich will have crazy good seasons next year.

NCAA-wise, Gambrell is killing it and his numbers would pretty easily translate to a Labanc-like season but he would also be a year older than the overagers in the CHL.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
No one is dominating to the extent he was unless you include Halbgewachs. If Chmelevski was on a better team, he would be putting up similar numbers. But I have a good feeling both Chmelevski and Chekhovich will have crazy good seasons next year.

NCAA-wise, Gambrell is killing it and his numbers would pretty easily translate to a Labanc-like season but he would also be a year older than the overagers in the CHL.

I mean, Gambrell’s numbers look very similar to his draft year. I don’t see any improvement, which is generally a very bad indicator. Of course, that is just a look at counting statistics...but put another way, if he is killing it now, he’d have been killing it even more as an 18 year in his first year of college, and he would have been drafted much higher.

Can a better team really be the difference in a PPG and nearly 2 PPG (like Labanc?)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
You're comparing NCAA to Jr. Hockey. Which is apples and oranges.

I’m comparing improvement from draft year vs improvement from draft year. Granted, that isn’t end-all be-all. After all, Couture stagnated and Goldobin burst out...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Watching Gambrell play on CBS sports network right now. He’s got two power play goals in the 1st. 2nd one was a nice individual effort. Hope he signs after this year.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Watching Gambrell play on CBS sports network right now. He’s got two power play goals in the 1st. 2nd one was a nice individual effort. Hope he signs after this year.
I honestly have zero idea what Gambrell will do. He may go back to college to finish of his degree. For selfish reasons I want him to sign but would not be shocked if he goes back to college.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I honestly have zero idea what Gambrell will do. He may go back to college to finish of his degree. For selfish reasons I want him to sign but would not be shocked if he goes back to college.
In admittedly limited viewings, I feel like he's gotten as much as he's gonna get out of college hockey. If he wants to go back and finish his degree, well that's fine, but I think his development would be better suited in the AHL now.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
In admittedly limited viewings, I feel like he's gotten as much as he's gonna get out of college hockey. If he wants to go back and finish his degree, well that's fine, but I think his development would be better suited in the AHL now.

Gambrell really has nothing left to learn in college hockey. If he’s interested in signing with us, he’ll do it when this season is done.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Gambrell really has nothing left to learn in college hockey. If he’s interested in signing with us, he’ll do it when this season is done.

Yep. Either he takes the Shark contract that's allegedly "on the table, waiting for him" or he's going to pull a Will Butcher/Alex Kerfoot and hold out for his freedom next year.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Denver is so good. Odds on favorite to win another title. They'll be getting Tyson McLellen (Todd's kid) back before the tourney too.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Shark alum Jim Montgomery is Gabrell's coach, so he can speak first hand to Sharks organization experience.

A number of guys have "jumped" to pro (before 4 years/graduation) for Sharks yet "gone back" to finish their degree (summers and correspondence classes).

Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA