Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He is an OHL hockey writer, he has a blue check. It's not some egg.

...oh you meant the reply to that. Ok, fair enough.

I think he meant the responding tweet about Guelph being happy Merkley's gone. Straight Shooter or whatever his name is with the Hockey Canada logo icon.

It belongs to some random person who simply IDs themselves as a fan and ends with the always wonderful "I call it like I see it" (aka "I act like a dick, spew incendiary hot takes and then get indignant when people dislike my abrasiveness")

Never mind that a lot of his other tweets seem to be pretty petty snipes at reporters and publications for things like not breaking news fast enough or having spelling errors or the like.

I think what I'm trying to say is dude seems like a real winner and has no credibility to stand there and pronounce about what goes on in the Guelph locker room with regards to Merkley.

EDIT: and now I see you've edited the response to include that you figured out the discrepancy. Stupid nu-HF, that wasn't there when I wrote the original reply, but the system grabs the newer version of the quoted post and now I look like a doof.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I think he meant the responding tweet about Guelph being happy Merkley's gone. Straight Shooter or whatever his name is with the Hockey Canada logo icon.

It belongs to some random person who simply IDs themselves as a fan and ends with the always wonderful "I call it like I see it" (aka "I act like a dick, spew incendiary hot takes and then get indignant when people dislike my abrasiveness")

Never mind that a lot of his other tweets seem to be pretty petty snipes at reporters and publications for things like not breaking news fast enough or having spelling errors or the like.

I think what I'm trying to say is dude seems like a real winner and has no credibility to stand there and pronounce about what goes on in the Guelph locker room with regards to Merkley.

Yea, I already edited the remark.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Storm starts post-Merkley era with a one-sided win (8 photos) - GuelphToday.com
Storm general manager/coach George Burnett said Merkley did not ask for a trade.

“There was no demands. I’d like to think that maybe it was a little bit mutual, but we talked about it and we felt that this was the right thing to do for us at this time,” Burnett said of the deal.

“First of all, we understands Ryan is a tremendous young talent and he’s been an elite player here for two and a half years. But I guess I look at it as maybe a different voice is helpful to him moving forward.”

So Merkley didn't ask for a trade.

MegalodonOnIce

Dec 23, 2015
Great White North
Merkley is wearing #25 for anyone interested (there's already a #6 on the team) per the OHL app. He has his first assist already on the second goal (primary), and is playing with one of the top goalie prospects in this upcoming draft, Hunter Jones. Jones is one of the 4 goalies I'm really eyeing this draft, along with Knight, Sogaard, and Wolf

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Merkley now with 2 primary helpers and +2 in his debut (early in the 2nd)

Edit: now it’s 4-2 and you can scratch that +2

Edit2: What an eventful debut, he has been on the ice for 7 goals (4 for, 3 against), now has 3A but a -1 rating

That's our boy!

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Blichfeld with 1g, 1a +1 in a 2-2 tie after 2.

Edit: Winterhawks loose 4-3 in OT, Blichfeld named 2nd star with 1g, 2a and a +1

Last edited:
Reactions: NiWa

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
After a pointless first game (playing under 10 mins in a 2-1 win), Chmelevski played 13 minutes in an 8-2 win, scored a goal but posted a -1.

Former Shark prospect Josh Norris posted 1g, 1a in about 19 minutes

Reactions: NiWa

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Chekhovich is in the lineup for Baie Comeau this afternoon so his injury was clearly not too serious. Kinda wish Russia hung onto him.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
:skeptic:

I kind of want to sound the shenanigans alarm. Chl Russians tend to get mysteriously dicked over when it comes to national team spots

Here is a translated interview:

-So it's true you got injured?
-Yeah, i got injured and now i won't make the team.
-But it doesn't nessesary means you won't make final list?
- Well, it most likely i won't make it, because tonight i was training with defencemen.
-What happened?
-I got injurred in the gym, and then i played 2 poor games, so now i won't make the team.
-What bothering you exactly?
-well i have issues with the back, now it appeared again.
- i heard that you was forced to the gym to lift weights but it wasn't necessary for you and you have overstrained there?
-yeah i have overstrained under weights
-did you tell coaches that it's not good for you to lift?
-.. it was actually my mistake, i thought that weight is going to be small. and you know you couldn't go to the trainer and tell him - it's too heavy for me, not for Feng Shui (probably meant real bros don't do that.)
- if your back was hurt why don't you tell?
- my back wasn't hurt, it didn't bothered me for a year. but trainer gave you instructions and i went for it.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Here is a translated interview:

-So it's true you got injured?
-Yeah, i got injured and now i won't make the team.
-But it doesn't nessesary means you won't make final list?
- Well, it most likely i won't make it, because tonight i was training with defencemen.
-What happened?
-I got injurred in the gym, and then i played 2 poor games, so now i won't make the team.
-What bothering you exactly?
-well i have issues with the back, now it appeared again.
- i heard that you was forced to the gym to lift weights but it wasn't necessary for you and you have overstrained there?
-yeah i have overstrained under weights
-did you tell coaches that it's not good for you to lift?
-.. it was actually my mistake, i thought that weight is going to be small. and you know you couldn't go to the trainer and tell him - it's too heavy for me, not for Feng Shui (probably meant real bros don't do that.)
- if your back was hurt why don't you tell?
- my back wasn't hurt, it didn't bothered me for a year. but trainer gave you instructions and i went for it.
Carrying team Russia on his back wouldn't have helped things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad