Halbgewachs (0 goals, 2 assists) and the Warriors tied 1-1 in series
McGrew (0 goals, 2 assists) and the Chiefs lead 1-0 in series
Blichfeld (0 goals, 0 assists) and the Winterhawks down 1-0 in series

Gambrell with one assist, Denver moving on
Michigan with a win, Norris moving on

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
Looks like Gambrell's got an assist so far

If you get a chance catch the video of that assist - his patience, intelligence and ability to posses the puck are right on par with Terry. There is simply not much of a difference between the two, aside from what I mentioned above - Terry gaining notoriety (and an Olympic nod) due to his WJC performance...

Gambrell' problem is looking to pass and deferring shots to a fault. That's it...

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It was a good game. Norris played strong. Aggressive on the puck, physical and pushed play. Picked up an assist on the 3rd goal. Put a puck on net and the rebound went right to his linemate.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Michigan plays Notre Dame, Ohio state plays Minnesota Duluth. So Michigan vs. Ohio state could be the final.

I think it will be. Ohio State is the most complete team I've seen all year. Big forwards, mobile defense and a solid system and goalie. Michigan is probably faster and more skilled but less experienced. They can match the physicality but I think the x-factor is goaltending where the Buckeyes have a big edge.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Chmelevski (1 goals, 3 assists) and the 67s tied 1-1 in series
Chekhovich (2 goals, 0 assists) and the Drakkars down 2-0 in series
Gregor (1 goals, 1 assists) and the Royals tied 1-1 in series
Halbgewachs (0 goals, 2 assists) and the Warriors tied 1-1 in series
McGrew (0 goals, 2 assists) and the Chiefs tied 1-1 in series
Blichfeld (0 goals, 1 assists) and the Winterhawks tied 1-1 in series

Gambrell and Pioneers out of playoffs after loss to OSU
Norris with an assist and the Wolverines are in the Frozen Four

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I was at the Winterhawks game. small sample size but Blichfeld was not a standout IMO. Mostly a passenger. He can certainly take a hit though. Got crunched by 2 guys and one got an elbow in his face. He brushed it off like nothing. Exciting game.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Now that I'm home I can provide a little more background for my comment above.

Though he had the only Victoria goal of the game, Gregor probably could've had another goal and a pair of assists if not for some bad luck and great Vancouver goaltending. In the first period he was robbed of an assist on a great pass that the receiver flubbed and failed to one-time into an open net (a Giants defender may have gotten a stick in teh way, I couldn't see very well from my vantage point). And then late in the period the Royals got a 2 on 0 shorthanded break thanks to a profoundly dumb play by a Vancouver defender handling the puck like a grenade on the PP, but Giants goalie David Tendeck made a great cross-crease glove save to rob the guy riding shotgun with Gregor on the break. Then later in the game Gregor had a chance on the PP from low in the faceoff circle, but Tendeck again made a strong save coming across his crease to shut Victoria down (he was rightfully the game's first star after making I think 33 saves on 34 shots and picking up an assist).

Gregor was also surprisingly chippy all game long, not taking any **** from the Giants, though it did lead to him taking a dumb holding-the-stick penalty at one point.

Watching him in this very uptempo game I would say that he doesn't have great flat-out speed, but he's pretty quick in bursts and at finding spots on the ice. His offensive skillset is also reasonably rounded but in spite of being a near-30-goal-scorer in 3 straight seasons he seems better suited to be a playmaker than a triggerman. I'm struggling to think of a player style comparison because Couture is the lazy option (and not a great one since Cooch is more shoot-first).

Reactions: NiWa and Kcoyote3

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Chmelevski (1 goals, 3 assists) and the 67s are trailing 2-1 in series
Chekhovich (3 goals, 1 assists) and the Drakkars down 2-1 in series
Gregor (2 goals, 1 assists) and the Royals down 1-1 in series
Halbgewachs (0 goals, 3 assists) and the Warriors leading 2-1 in series
McGrew (0 goals, 2 assists) and the Chiefs tied 1-1 in series
Blichfeld (0 goals, 1 assists) and the Winterhawks tied 1-1 in series

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Chekovich is actually been a nice surprise. I mean, i dont know about the team or role he plays on the team, but hes consistently been scoring goals these playoffs, Thats satisfying enough for me so far.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm going to be picky and pedantic here, but I'm pretty sure "Drakkar" is already plural. Like moose or several nhl team names (lightning, wild).

If it was supposed to be "drakkars" then that would likely be the official name.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Prom man on Halbgewach

Jayden Halbgewachs, LW, San Jose
Halbgewachs was good in the games I saw. He didn't look the 70 goal, 129 point monster he was this past season, but you saw glimpses of his high-level ability. The recently signed overage player is “as dynamic and opportunistic as any player in the league,” said Millar. He's very quick and skilled but will likely be the kind of player who will need a lot of AHL time. Just like how his development spiked during the latter portions of his WHL career, I would need to see how he does there before I get an idea of what he can be in the NHL.

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad