Pre-Game Talk: Sharks on Friday/@Montreal Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
So someone probably already asked this... but by 12pm tomorrow... do the Leafs have to waiver the four players in time to activate Dermott and Hyman for Saturdays game?

Or can they do it once the game is over tomorrow night by some other rule etc ... since its 2 regulars coming off injuries is it different?

Excuse me if it seems like a stupid question... I know they're available for Saturdays game... I'm just curious about how they are going to maneuver through this before then.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
yeha hard pass on that one...who gives a fck about Babcock the boys need to win, we don't have the time or an easy enough division to wait on the firing of Babs...win baby win
Why even bother making the playoffs tho
As the things are right now (this team with this coach) they not gonna win a round and making the playoffs is not good enough
If the MLSE is happy with just making the playoffs then f*** them

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Just a side note please .....
You know who pissed me off more in a lot of ways , was Gravel !yes Gravel , man on man given that it was his first real game with the leafs and knowing that they are softer than butter and in desperate need for toughness especially in that back end and knowing that possibly some engagement on his part physically could possibly give them a spark and knowing your trying to impress your team , your coach and fans , I would have thought that he would have at least tried to dance with someone at some point , but
Nada , nil , ziltch
Damn I miss the old days when someone came up from the minors and actually did something on their debut
Anyway , whew I feel better ...

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
So someone probably already asked this... but by 12pm tomorrow... do the Leafs have to waiver the four players in time to activate Dermott and Hyman for Saturdays game?

Or can they do it once the game is over tomorrow night by some other rule etc ... since its 2 regulars coming off injuries is it different?

Excuse me if it seems like a stupid question... I know they're available for Saturdays game... I'm just curious about how they are going to maneuver through this before then.

No waivers will be needed.

Gravel and Petan have already been on waivers, and don't need to go on waivers again.

I think Hyman is on a slightly different timeline than Hyman too... I don't expect Hyman back for another week or so...

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I just watched Kotkaniemi paste Karlsson with terrific body check.....Nylander, if that scrawny puke can do it, you should be leading the team in hits tomorrow.

Reactions: rumman

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Matthews says he hates losing, frustrated with play of Maple Leafs

"Defensively and in all areas," Matthews said, when asked where he can be better. "Obviously I want to put the puck in the net and create on offense but it starts in the D-zone. That's an area we've been trying to work on lately, especially today at practice. I've got to be better in that area moving forward."

Somethings gotta give

It's good that he is talking about it, but I want to see some improvement.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs need 3 points this weekend.

meh... I am not worried about it. Things are going to get better. We gonna go on 20 winning streak soon as soon as we head on into November.

We gonna be gud pros, gud players, gud team!

c2e0c053594508ed388e6e8250e46d78.jpg

Reactions: Polaris1010

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It's good that he is talking about it, but I want to see some improvement.

I think he'll do just fine. IMO it wasn't Matthews' defensive game that cost the Leafs. It was the stupidity of D-men; weird goals given up by goalies.

Also, I strongly believe that Matthews-Marner experiment needs to end. Marner needs a player that crashes and bangs on the boards (like Hyman).

Matthews would work well with Mikhyev-Matthews-Nylander

Until JT is back I would run

Mikheyev-Mattews-Nylander
Moore-Kerfoot-Marner
Johnsson-Goat/Spezza-Kapanen
Timashov-Goat-Shore/Spezza

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Matthews says he hates losing, frustrated with play of Maple Leafs

"Defensively and in all areas," Matthews said, when asked where he can be better. "Obviously I want to put the puck in the net and create on offense but it starts in the D-zone. That's an area we've been trying to work on lately, especially today at practice. I've got to be better in that area moving forward."

Somethings gotta give

I've been hearing that line for years at this point

How about we don't just talk about it for a change, but we put in a decent defensive effort instead?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
There's absolutely no reason to lose tomorrow. None.

I want both games. No matter what, I want the 2 points on Saturday. It doesn't look like making the playoffs will be a cake walk like I thought. Leafs absolutely need to take points from the divisional games. It's not going to mean much if they win tomorrow but lose on Saturday.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I want both games. No matter what, I want the 2 points on Saturday. It doesn't look like making the playoffs will be a cake walk like I thought. Leafs absolutely need to take points from the divisional games. It's not going to mean much if they win tomorrow but lose on Saturday.

So far habs are losing to the sharks 3-1 (4 mins to go in the 2nd period)

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Should beat the sharks.. They've been a bit of a mess and play tonight.

Should lose to Montreal because we'll play Hutch and will lose our legs partway through the game thanks to the schedule.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Should beat the sharks.. They've been a bit of a mess and play tonight.

Should lose to Montreal because we'll play Hutch and will lose our legs partway through the game thanks to the schedule.
Sharks playing well tonight....but the Leafs get Jones tomorrow so that should help.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
with JT out I would prefer to see the following PP units

PP1

Nylander-Mikheyev (screen)-Matthews
Barrie-Rielly (Barrie or Rielly can be a rover)

(all on their off-side to shoot for one-timers)

PP2 (4 forwards 1D)

Kapanen-Johnsson-Kerfoot-Marner
Muzzin

Spread out the offense. Once JT is back put him on the PP2

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Sharks belly should be full with tonight's 2 points. Tired and not as hungry, with back up goalie.

We should take the game.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
so when Babcock played Matthews with Hyman and Brown was Babcock right?

If you want him to take a tough matchup, yes Babcock was correct to give him defensively responsible wingers

Good thing he's done that this year. Hopefully it continues

No, he's been sheltered like crazy and when we needed him to take Tavares job against Bergeron he got curb stomped

He's a bad defensive player, he's a forward version of Rielly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad