Pre-Game Talk: Sharks on Friday/@Montreal Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hey, thought I'd get some discussion going about the back-to-back games coming up Friday/Saturday

A few thoughts:
1. Patty, please don't clown us on Friday

2. I don't think it makes any sense to go with your #1 against SJ and your backup on HNIC against Montreal. The divisional race might actually be pretty tight. All these points against divisional rivals are super important. Babcock has to rethink his strategy here.

3. Matthews, Marner, and the rest of the team have to play pissed off. Some of these efforts lately have been unacceptable. Matthews called out the team, time to nut up and do the talking on the ice with your play.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Another back-to-back! I'd say the first went well, the second okay, and the most recent not so much. Would be great to get back on the even or better side of things. Would be tremendous if the injured list could be reduced as well.

Reactions: qqaz

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Hutch will play Saturday and we probably lose.

More losses for Hutch = sooner something gets done regarding the backup situation.

It needs to change. Yes money in/money out and all that but for God's sake Dubas fix the problem. Standing pat is a mistake IMO.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Need to win the first one an take at least a point out of the second one

If the team continues struggling the negativity swirling around the boys is going to get really toxic if it isn't bad enough already

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Didn't the Leafs had a backup goalie named Johnas Enroth?

After 6 games without a win, Shanahan and crew got rid of him, and after that eventually found that McElhinney character.

All I remember was they got rid of the back up goalie because after 6 games he could not win a single game.

Hutchinson should be next.

They won't wait unitl 6 without a win, it will be only 5.

:baghead:

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
They should start winning now, should at least get 3 points, would prefer a win against the Montreal and at least a point against the Sharks

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Freddy hasn’t played since Monday, I really don’t see an issue with playing back2back Friday/Saturday, especially with only two games next week spaced out.

Reactions: OddyOh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad