Sharks Olympians 2014: Marleau/Vlasic-Canada, Niemi-Finland, Pavelski-USA

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Marc-Edouard Vlasic, a top-4 defenseman on Team Canada. who woulda thunkit?

he's being carried by doughty, just like marleau is being carried by toews, and niemi is being carried by finland (well this one is litterally happening lol), and pavelski is being carried by kessel.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
he's being carried by doughty, just like marleau is being carried by toews, and niemi is being carried by finland (well this one is litterally happening lol), and pavelski is being carried by kessel.

Guys I found Doc Emrick! :sarcasm:

Just kidding. But Doughty while very good is not carrying Vlasic. They're working together. Maybe we should start making Doughty to SJ proposals along with the Kessel to SJ.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Pictured: Team Finland literally carrying Niemi -

CarryNemo.jpg

I don't think that's what you meant. :sarcasm:

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
HAHA great article that includes that Babcock quote with several others.

<3 Vlasic

"I'd like to say yes, but no," Vlasic said, laughing. "He's a great player. He's good offensively, he likes skating with the puck and he makes plays. It's just like he is in the regular season."

Doughty, on the other hand, believes Vlasic doesn't get enough credit for what he can do with the puck and thinks the partnership has helped him put his stamp on the Olympic tournament.

"He's a good offensive player himself too. I think I'm jumping up too much and he's not having the opportunity," Doughty said, laughing. "He's faster than me, too. I told him, ‘You take off and I'll hold back if you want.' But he's been a great partner. We get along really well off the ice. We talk a lot over things during the game and it's working out."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=705331&navid=DL|NHL|home

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

and Crosby being carried by the whole team. Add Tavares to the being carried list. Same with Bouwmeester

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
and Crosby being carried by the whole team. Add Tavares to the being carried list. Same with Bouwmeester

Yeah babcock needs to learn how to coach. He had 3 great lines and 1 not so good line. Now that he has changed every line. He has maybe 1 good line and 3 bad lines. All because he wants to try and get crosby going.

He broke up the benn, bergeron, tavares line which was amazing in the 1st 2 games. Tavares did nothing in game 3.

Which in turn also made the benn, bergeron, crosby line also useless.

He is sticking with kunitz even though he has been useless and no longer even playing with crosby any more which was the reason he was brought along in the 1st place.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Yeah babcock needs to learn how to coach. He had 3 great lines and 1 not so good line. Now that he has changed every line. He has maybe 1 good line and 3 bad lines. All because he wants to try and get crosby going.

He broke up the benn, bergeron, tavares line which was amazing in the 1st 2 games. Tavares did nothing in game 3.

Which in turn also made the benn, bergeron, crosby line also useless.

He is sticking with kunitz even though he has been useless and no longer even playing with crosby any more which was the reason he was brought along in the 1st place.

Babcock is carried by the team also.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
"Joe's been perhaps the best offensive player at center for the U.S. during the first four months of the season, certainly has been the hottest of late," Bylsma said, explaining chemistry of the line. "He is also probably one of our most responsible forwards and very good down the middle of the ice. The ability to put that kind of skill and responsibility between James van Riemsdyk and Phil was pretty [attractive]. They have come together pretty quickly."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=705336&navid=nhl:topheads

More compliments for Sharks players :D

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Pavelski voted 3rd best Forward and All-Olympic Team by NHL.com writers at this tournament midway point.

BEST FORWARD
1. Phil Kessel (United States) – 12 points (4 first-place votes, unanimous)
2. Pavel Datsyuk (Russia) – 7 points
3. Joe Pavelski (United States) – 3 points
4. Jaromir Jagr (Czech Republic) and Anze Kopitar (Slovenia) – 1 point

ALL-OLYMPIC TEAM
G: Jonas Hiller (3 out of 4 votes)
D: Drew Doughty (4 out of 4 votes)
D: Erik Karlsson (2 out of 4 votes)
F: Phil Kessel (4 out of 4 votes)
F: Pavel Datsyuk (4 out of 4 votes)
F: Joe Pavelski (2 out of 4 votes)
Other receiving votes: Henrik Lundqvist (1), Shea Weber (1), Ryan Suter (1), Anze Kopitar (1), Jaromir Jagr (1)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=705515&navid=nhl:topheads

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
“When I’ve seen Quick make some big saves early, he seems to become unbeatable,†said Drew Doughty of Quick, his teammate in L.A. “That’s why we’ve got to get one early on him. The only way we’re going to score on him is that we’ve got to get pucks up high, and we’ve got to get screens in front, and tips. He’s going to make the easy saves every time. It’s going to be a big challenge for us.â€

Here we go, someone tell mclellan and the team. Doughty just spilled the beans on quick lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad