Sharks News/Notes #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
So, apparently, one hole was 116 yards and one was like 85, both par 3, on a par 3 only course, 9 hole course. Also he came in 3rd... He got two hole in ones in a 9 hole course and didn't win. haha

While it's still pretty cool, it's really not any kind of record or anything.

It's pretty cool to win free pizza in a radio contest. The odds of shooting back to back hole in one's is more like the odds of being struck by lightening twice and living - an incredible, incredible feat despite what dismissive internet posters might suggest.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
It's pretty cool to win free pizza in a radio contest. The odds of shooting back to back hole in one's is more like the odds of being struck by lightening twice and living - an incredible, incredible feat despite what dismissive internet posters might suggest.

The news was talking like it was some world record, I'm just pointing out it's not. As I said, its cool, its just not quite as amazing as it was portrayed. It would be much, much harder to do that on a full 18 hole pro course on consecutive 150yard+ holes, that's my point.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
AlyonkaLarionov 10:31am via Twitter for iPhone

@trilljester sure did. Personally, as a kid, Sharkie was my favorite mascot.

At least she has great taste in mascots. :sarcasm:

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I bring my laptop and work bag to games because I'm too paranoid to leave them in the car. Some ushers have been been a bit more diligent in checking all of the pockets on my bag since the enhanced security measures, but I haven't received any ire for bringing it. I've been bringing beverages in plastic bottles for years as well, but the bottles are clear. I'm not sure how strict they are with opaque containers.

thanks for the info... I think I'll play it safe and bring juice in clear bottles

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I didn't know where to put this, so this looks like a good place. I don't really like the Sharks, but I must say I respect the hell out of them after seeing what they did for Sam Tageson for his one day contract signing. Getting to take the ice with the team for warmups, participate in practice with the team. You could see the emotion in his face, that really meant the world to him. Truly classy move, you don't see all teams going to such lengths. If The Blues don't finally break through this year, I wont mind a bit if this is the year The Sharks finally get their.

Chaotic8

Boarding Major
May 3, 2010
Livermore, CA
Seriously, I can't commend the Sharks org and Make-A-Wish Foundation enough. First Batkid, then Sam Tageson, jobs well done. Seeing how much the day meant to Tageson really brought a my emotions to the surface. First time I've welled up in at minimum a year.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Just in case your swear jar needs more traffic. CSNCA airing the Oiler's record shutout of the Sharks, 3/25 at 6:30 PM...

There's at least 62 chances to add to the swear jar.

WTF CSNCA?

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Just in case your swear jar needs more traffic. CSNCA airing the Oiler's record shutout of the Sharks, 3/25 at 6:30 PM...

There's at least 62 chances to add to the swear jar.

WTF CSNCA?

Ummm. Pretty sure the Sharks play on Tuesday and it's in Edmonton at 6:30pm...

Unless this is a joke and I'm just dense.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Ummm. Pretty sure the Sharks play on Tuesday and it's in Edmonton at 6:30pm...

Unless this is a joke and I'm just dense.

I must be the dense one. It didn't say "live" at the beginning though. So weird, now it says "live".

The info "On Jan 29, Ben Scrivens stymied the sharks with a record setting 59 saves... San Jose, which leads the season series 2-1, will host the teams' final meeting in one week.

I think the "will host the final meeting in one week" threw me for a loop.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
From Friedman's 30 Thoughts this week:

28. Was starting to look at the awards voting for this season. The biggest torture is going to be the Norris. You've got "The Big Five" -- Zdeno Chara, Drew Doughty, Duncan Keith, Ryan Suter and Shea Weber. Then you've got Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Niklas Kronwall, Alex Pietrangelo and Marc-Edouard Vlasic. And Mark Giordano. The more you look at Giordano, the better the case. He and partner T.J. Brodie have been excellent for Calgary, playing the tough minutes. In any other year, he gets one of my five slots, easy. Some excellent defenders will be left out.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...fs-reimer-should-follow-cammalleris-lead.html

Nice to see Vlasic's name up where it belongs and him getting some of the kind of recognition he deserves, probably thanks to the olympic exposure :]

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
That was a tear jerker, it makes me proud to be a Sharks fan.

I saw this on fb on Sunday morning. I wept like a baby (hey man I am 37, so who cares)! I am now rooting for SJ to win the Cup!!! I am rooting for Sam Tageson too!!! Great Organization! Great Kid!:nod:

I AM ON THE SJ BANDWAGON BABY!!!:nod:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
From Friedman's 30 Thoughts this week:

Nice to see Vlasic's name up where it belongs and him getting some of the kind of recognition he deserves, probably thanks to the olympic exposure :]

It sure is weird seeing Vlasic get all of this good recognition. His contract for the next (four?) years is a steal.

nater97

Jun 26, 2013
Hey Sharks fans, Sens guy here. Not exactly sure where to post this, but just curious to see what you think Dan Boyle will be doing this off season? I think if he made it to free agency he'd fit right into the sens' needs (we're in desperate need of a mobile top 4 dman and veteran leadership). He's a local boy, and he could serve as a mentor for Ceci, who will hopefully become the same kind of player. Any clues as to whether you will resign him or let him walk, and any idea what kind of deal he's going to want? Also, realistically, how much does he have left in the tank?

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Hey Sharks fans, Sens guy here. Not exactly sure where to post this, but just curious to see what you think Dan Boyle will be doing this off season? I think if he made it to free agency he'd fit right into the sens' needs (we're in desperate need of a mobile top 4 dman and veteran leadership). He's a local boy, and he could serve as a mentor for Ceci, who will hopefully become the same kind of player. Any clues as to whether you will resign him or let him walk, and any idea what kind of deal he's going to want? Also, realistically, how much does he have left in the tank?

He's slowed down significantly this year, whether it's because of the dirty hit from Lapierre back in October or just old age. I don't think the Sharks will (or should) re-sign him. Mostly because he seems to want a multi year deal (2 or 3) and the Sharks seem to only want to go year to year with him. He'll probably get more years and money offered to him on the open market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad