Rumor: Sharks-Jones negotiations going well

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I would like to see his games played trimmed down a little, but he is our goalie of the future.

The org certainly got their money's worth out of him his first two seasons here. I'd like to see him stick around for a few more and let Dell earn his keep as part of the the process...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There was really no logical reason to play him as much as he was played last year, don't even get me started on this again. Total failure on the staff and everyone involved on the decision making process that went into that decision.

The year before that in 15-16, he kind of HAD to play that many games though. With how awful Stalock was, it's a wonder that Jones wasn't played in 5 more games before the acquisition of Reimer. Dell performed as well as Reimer last year, yet was started as many games through February as Stalock had received the year before.:facepalm:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
There was really no logical reason to play him as much as he was played last year, don't even get me started on this again. Total failure on the staff and everyone involved on the decision making process that went into that decision.

The year before that in 15-16, he kind of HAD to play that many games though. With how awful Stalock was, it's a wonder that Jones wasn't played in 5 more games before the acquisition of Reimer. Dell performed as well as Reimer last year, yet was started as many games through February as Stalock had received the year before.:facepalm:

It was definitely surprising to see Jones get played as much as he did last year. Dell was really good in his starts and proved that he was a very serviceable backup. Jones could have used some rest given how long 2015-16 was for him. First year as starter and an SC run. And they still gave him as many games as the year before.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I thought Dell was in the bottom half percentile in the league as backup goalies go. Granted he didnt play much last season, and he did not have the obvious deficiencies that Stalock had, but he certainly was not a Reimer or Mrazek.

I still the Sharks has having "too many eggs in one basket" with Jones, and they need to improve their goalie depth. There is too much risk if Jones goes on LITR.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I thought Dell was in the bottom half percentile in the league as backup goalies go. Granted he didnt play much last season, and he did not have the obvious deficiencies that Stalock had, but he certainly was not a Reimer or Mrazek.

I still the Sharks has having "too many eggs in one basket" with Jones, and they need to improve their goalie depth. There is too much risk if Jones goes on LITR.

By what metrics was he at the bottom half as backups go?

1st among goalies with 20 games or more played for goals against. 2nd among goalies with 20 games or more in save %.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009

1st among goalies with 20 games or more played for goals against. 2nd among goalies with 20 games or more in save %.

Thanks, was shaking my head right along with you.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose

Eyeball test... the same set of eyeballs that were telling all here that Stalock didn't have it back when he was popular and many said he sould have been the starter.

We'll see Dell in his sophmore year which is more important than his freshman year in my view.

Also, Dell was skipped over in the expansion draft, but Las Vegas seemed to be making bigger gambles in their choices that I thought they did not need.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Eyeball test... the same set of eyeballs that were telling all here that Stalock didn't have it back when he was popular and many said he sould have been the starter.

We'll see Dell in his sophmore year which is more important than his freshman year in my view.

Also, Dell was skipped over in the expansion draft, but Las Vegas seemed to be making bigger gambles in their choices that I thought they did not need.

I was one of those eyeballs that said stalock if he didn't change the way he played from his game against ottawa his rookie season would be exposed big time.

And this past season i got lucky to see dell start against ottawa live. And posted that if this was the dell that had been playing like a world beater for the other handful of games he had played should be a good back up goalie.

Stalock was scrambly and way to erratic in net. He pretty much was jumping from side to side and was always out of position once he made the 1st stop.

Dell is way more calm and collected and his movements were smother and never seemed out of position if he allowed a rebound.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Turns out it will be Murray since the Pens signed Niemi to be his backup. :laugh:

Plot twist, Murray gets hurt again and Niemi breaks the GP record instead, PIT wins the cup again anyway because the hockey gods are prankster gods

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad