GDT: Sharks @ Calgary 6PM Kane 4G, Donskoi out

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
- [on "playing meaningful games" late in the season] it means everything, before I got to the NHL, I won everything, I was used to winning, unfortunately I haven't had that feeling in a long time, getting traded to San Jose, I got that feeling back right away, it's nice to have again, it's great to be a part of, I'm really enjoying the ride so far

HugeDistortedAmericanwarmblood-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: slocal

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A lot of them are the girls that didn't even date him. Fans that had the chance and couldn't even offer up a conditional 1st/2nd and a C prospect.

Oh, there was a lot of pathological hatred aimed his way long before this trade deadline. I hope he continues to succeed and gives them all a substantial helping of humble pie to choke on.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Boy, Kane sure has a lot of bitter exes on HF, lol.

There are a lot of people on here who hate Kane because of immature antics, such as posing with money, or second-hand stories, such as the tracksuit incident. There are people who hate him because of conscious or unconscious racial biases. And then there are people, like me, who can’t look past the legal charges he’s faced. I’ll always cheer for the Sharks but cheering for Kane is dirtier than cheering for Raffi Torres, for me. But I’ll still acknowledge that DW made a shrewd hockey move getting a great player for far below market value due to this things.

I know you aren’t commenting about people with my reasoning, but I do feel the need to explain my distaste for Kane, and why you won’t see me cheering enthusastically when he scores. I don’t want to be mistaken for the “bitter ex” type of poster that you’re referring to.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Right? Buffalo fans have been very fair to him when talking with us (like you, chainer). I mean, I'm all for critiquing a player, but let people celebrate his first hatty!

I do admit that I envy the fact the Sharks are built well enough that they can take him in and put him in a position to succeed. I watch a fair number of Shark games (it may be the allure of CuBro's epic beaver pelt face covering) and seeing how he blends in is just such a natural fit. Wish they could've figured out how to make it work in Buffalo, but alas, it's likely not to be for a very long time.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
There are a lot of people on here who hate Kane because of immature antics, such as posing with money, or second-hand stories, such as the tracksuit incident. There are people who hate him because of conscious or unconscious racial biases. And then there are people, like me, who can’t look past the legal charges he’s faced. I’ll always cheer for the Sharks but cheering for Kane is dirtier than cheering for Raffi Torres, for me. But I’ll still acknowledge that DW made a shrewd hockey move getting a great player for far below market value due to this things.

I know you aren’t commenting about people with my reasoning, but I do feel the need to explain my distaste for Kane, and why you won’t see me cheering enthusastically when he scores. I don’t want to be mistaken for the “bitter ex” type of poster that you’re referring to.

Wasn't he cleared of all charges? In my opinion, until there's proof of what he actually did, he's innocent. I get that it's still concerning that he was accused in the first place, and that most accusations are legitimate, but I'm willing to give Kane the benefit of the doubt until we get some sort of proof that he actually did what he was accused of.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Wasn't he cleared of all charges? In my opinion, until there's proof of what he actually did, he's innocent. I get that it's still concerning that he was accused in the first place, and that most accusations are legitimate, but I'm willing to give Kane the benefit of the doubt until we get some sort of proof that he actually did what he was accused of.

This isn’t the place for me to discuss why my position is what it is. I have opinions on the type of charges Evander has faced that I feel would not be welcome here.

“Cleared of all charges” is not synonymous with “innocent”. That’s all I’ll say.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

I wouldn't call someone who has valid points, such as yours, "bitter". But thanks for a reference post we can always link back to.

Last edited:

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I do admit that I envy the fact the Sharks are built well enough that they can take him in and put him in a position to succeed. I watch a fair number of Shark games (it may be the allure of CuBro's epic beaver pelt face covering) and seeing how he blends in is just such a natural fit. Wish they could've figured out how to make it work in Buffalo, but alas, it's likely not to be for a very long time.

CuBro is my crush, haha.

And yeah, I totally know I'm spoiled as a fan. While the cup is the main goal, I have 82 games a year to look forward to with a competitive team (reg season champs, yo!)

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Back on topic: It's pretty insane that Kane has 10 even strength points in 8 games here. No PP points. That's insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad