GDT: Sharks @ Calgary 6PM Kane 4G, Donskoi out

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Af*****mazing, Kane with four goals. I'm really happy for him and I hope that Sharks will be his team where he plays his best hockey in his career. Cheers boys!

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Both Fehr and Kane have an HDCF% of over 66.67%. Which means for every 1 high danger chance that the Sharks allow while they are on the ice, the Sharks average just ever so slightly more than 2 high danger chances for while those guys are on the ice.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Great pass by Tierney on the hat trick goal.

Regarding resigning Kane, I take Tavatesy over him all the time. Let's hope he plays so well in the playoffs that re-signing him becomes a fiscal implausibility.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Im super stoked for Kane, however I'm also really happy for Hertl right now. Hertl playing his ass off, and finally getting rewarded for it with 5 points his last two games. Also got back to 40 pts which is great. Hopefully he can keep up his great play and get up to 50 for the first time.

He is also looking much faster lately, which is great, hopefully that's a sign he's getting more confident in his knees again. We are going to need him big time in the playoffs if we have any hope at all.

I cant wait for Thornton to come back, it will be a nice boost for the team mentally I feel, even if he isn't his old self right away.

I was not expecting big things from this team this year, but as per usual with SJ, they just refuse to suck, and miss the playoffs, and get my hopes back up again lol.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
I wasn't on the Fehr train in the beginning, but he is proof that a change of scenery, and good team chemistry does wonders for someone like him. He trains and plays hard every night. We are lucky to have him.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I wasn't on the Fehr train in the beginning, but he is proof that a change of scenery, and good team chemistry does wonders for someone like him. He trains and plays hard every night. We are lucky to have him.

The sample size is small, but this is looking more and more of a genius trade for Wilson.

Reactions: Phu

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I have tried to be very diplomatic about this subject, which is why I haven’t got into it with anyone.

All I’ll say is that if you dismiss #METOO out of hand, I already know what type of person you are.

And no, Jumbo assaulting a police officer, who is armed and trained for combat, is not nearly as bad as attacking women.

“Genius” is pushing it. This is more o a rectification of the mistake he made waiving Carpenter.

I've liked Fehr's game here more than I liked Carpenter's game this season and he only gave up a 2020 7th round pick for Fehr

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
That’s fine, agree to disagree. I just think “genius” is giving Wilson waaaaaaay too much credit. :laugh:

Yeah, genius probably isn't the right word. In my opinion it was more of just right place right time with Kane. But in my opinion he may as well have made up for the Carpenter waiving by getting Fehr and the Kane trade is a very good move. When guys like Rick Nash are getting traded for Spooner (Tierney comparable) and a 1st, getting Kane, a much better player, for a conditional 2nd/1st and a D prospect is crazy

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I know most everyone already has moved on and I thank you for that, but to everyone else: We're not dealing with the Kane background stuff again. It pretty much can't end well and is only going to mean more cleanup work for the mods. Thanks.

tahoesharksfan

Old Fart
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake

He's making the kind of contribution I was hoping we'd get from Hansen when we picked him up (but haven't), which is kind of funny given we picked Fehr up from the Gulls while Hansen was still playing in the NHL....

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I've liked Fehr's game here more than I liked Carpenter's game this season and he only gave up a 2020 7th round pick for Fehr

This. Fehr in his limited time has been much better than Carpenter was. We are a better team with him and considering the price paid I think it was a very savvy move by Wilson.

Had Wilson traded Carpenter and a 2020 7th for Fehr, I would still be very pleased.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The sample size is small, but this is looking more and more of a genius trade for Wilson.

i seem to recall in the final PITs 4th line was discussed as having so many more goals than ours, though i guess it was more cullen than anyone. but fehr did stab us in at least one game.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I don't have the time to research goals v. Sharks, but PIT's 4th line had 9 G/6 A in the '15-16 PO's. The various players we had on our 4th had 4/4.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I still think Carpenter > Fehr. But I suspect that Carpenter really wanted an opportunity elsewhere. For sure, Carpenter's production in Vegas is probably not sustainable, but I'd argue that Fehr is on a bit of a hot streak as well.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I still think Carpenter > Fehr. But I suspect that Carpenter really wanted an opportunity elsewhere. For sure, Carpenter's production in Vegas is probably not sustainable, but I'd argue that Fehr is on a bit of a hot streak as well.

3 points in 10 games puts him at 24 point pace. Pretty much right inline with his previous seasons where he played the majority of the games.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Yea, people were telling us he'd be more of a puck hog than he's actually been.

Not hogging at all. He looks more like Pavelski type goals from 3 to 4 years ago.

I have to wonder if one of the reasons why DW traded for Kane was for the Jets in the playoffs. That's a long shot, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad