Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lines at morning skate

Hertl-Couture-Boedker
Hansen-Pav-Sorenson
Meier-Tierney-Labanc
Goodrow-Fehr-Karlsson

Also Gackle speculating that Donskoi and Kane are good to go tonight and that Hansen and Sorenson are scratches.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well, I'm only expecting Donskoi to not play in this one but if both are out then Goodrow and Hansen have to draw in. I guess they could bring in Letunov if his contract includes this year like someone had pointed out just to have a backup there but who knows there? I'm guessing that if they don't think Kane's injury will keep him out that they don't need an extra. Either way, this is a big game for the Sharks. A regulation win would go a long way in improving their odds of making the playoffs.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If they scratch Hansen over Sorensen I'll be upset. This is the type of game Hansen is needed in. Flames will be playing heavy and Hansen can get greasy.

Except Hansen doesn't play that way enough and is one of the reasons he's scratched. That's probably my biggest disappointment with him besides having 0 goals.

tahoesharksfan

Old Fart
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Man I hope Donskoi didn't re-injure the same shoulder.

The last two games with the Flames could carry a lot of weight...especially if we start fighting injuries!

SJS 3/2
Goodrow/Couture/Ryan
Gaudreau/Backlund

Last edited:

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
At least Donskoi is still traveling with the team. Hopefully he just jammed his wrist and they’re being cautious.

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
Gotta play tighter defensively tonight. Gonna be a grinder I think.

Sharks 3-1

Meier, Couture, Fehr

Monahan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Man I hope Donskoi didn't re-injure the same shoulder.

The last two games with the Flames could carry a lot of weight...especially if we start fighting injuries!

SJS 3/2
Goodrow/Couture/Ryan
Gaudreau/Tkachuk

Start fighting injuries? This has been one of the worst season yet for the sharks in terms of injuries. The only top 6/4 players that haven't missed games yet. Are pavs and burns.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Start fighting injuries? This has been one of the worst season yet for the sharks in terms of injuries. The only top 6/4 players that haven't missed games yet. Are pavs and burns.

Right, and the coach has publicly stated that those two are currently battling and just playing through injuries.

Plus, even if we're not near the bottom of the league in terms of man games missed (not sure if we are or not), some of those guys who got injured came back too soon and were clearly not themselves. Hertl, for example, was rendered ineffective for about 5 more games after missing 3, which is 10% of the season. Couture only missed like 3 games with his concussion but when he came back he took at least 5 games to get back to form, that's another 10% of the season at least that his injury has rendered him useless. Then you've got Vlasic whose concussion completely destroyed him and only recently has he looked like his usual self. Jones had that undisclosed injury in the middle of the year and only missed a few games but when he came back he looked worse than the other guy that wore #31 for the Sharks for like an entire month. When I think about it, Timo Meier and Joakim Ryan are just about the only key players who haven't battled injuries this season.

Reactions: CrypTic

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Except Hansen doesn't play that way enough and is one of the reasons he's scratched. That's probably my biggest disappointment with him besides having 0 goals.
He's been wildly inconsistent, but can be useful. I don't see Sorensen being useful at all in this type of game.

Hansen played against tbese guys for years with Van and I expect him to come out hard if he's in. I think he will be since he came off the ice with the team after practice while Sorensen stayed out with Ward.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
That's a hideous forward lineup. We're missing three monster possession forwards, it'll be a miracle if we don't get crushed tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad