Sharks at the worlds

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
He’s highly unlikely to become an NHL player. At this point, no big loss.

Disappointing, because when drafted, he was seen as a safer pick with decent NHL potential.
I agree with @OrrNumber4 here. My only major regret (and it’s easier to say it in hindsight) is that Rod went 53rd in 2014 and Montour (55th), Donato (56th), and Dvorak (58th) were all right there for the taking. I would happily have any one of those three guys right now.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I agree with @OrrNumber4 here. My only major regret (and it’s easier to say it in hindsight) is that Rod went 53rd in 2014 and Montour (55th), Donato (56th), and Dvorak (58th) were all right there for the taking. I would happily have any one of those three guys right now.

Montour is an RFA this off-season. I would take him on this team in a heartbeat and I think he would look great with Brenden Dillon.

Reactions: Papa Joe19

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He’s highly unlikely to become an NHL player. At this point, no big loss.

Disappointing, because when drafted, he was seen as a safer pick with decent NHL potential.

It’s quite interesting how a lot of players who are viewed to have a “high floor” actually end up busting completely. Lawson Crouse is a guy that jumps to mind.

f*** hindsight, it was obvious even at the time that Brayden Point should have been the pick.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
It’s quite interesting how a lot of players who are viewed to have a “high floor” actually end up busting completely. Lawson Crouse is a guy that jumps to mind.

**** hindsight, it was obvious even at the time that Brayden Point should have been the pick.
I used the “hindsight” line more for the “you can say that about any draft pick/trade/signing, etc.” crowd. I wish I could say I was with you on wanting Point that draft, but I wasn’t as familiar with him. But I’d give most players on the roster for him now.

I was still disappointed from DW trading back in the 1st round. I really liked Pastrnak and was hoping he would be taken 20th. That draft has become a complete wash for me outside of the Labanc pick at this point. No offense to Chartier.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

**** hindsight, it was obvious even at the time that Brayden Point should have been the pick.

Micro Mueller is front and center for the “stop saying high floor, and just say low ceiling” movement. Lawson Crouse is stage left and Noah Rod is stage right. A silhouette in the background remains unidentified, but Sharks fans are convinced it’s Joshua Norris. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Rudy!

Both of Latvia's goals have been soft as freshly baked bread. If I'm them, I just fire everything at the net and hope another knuckler slips through Nilsson as he sleepwalks.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Very disappointing for Balcers’ tournament to end, but an incredible performance by him. To be the top forward and top scorer on a Latvian team who lost 2-1 to Canada in OT and 3-2 to Sweden is incredible. Latvia had no NHL players.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Latvia ROBBED by officials on 3rd period goal, so lose 2-3 to Sweden.

Wasn't that the case last year, too? I don't remember stuff like that very well but I know they got screwed badly last year, too. I think it was in their last game against Germany. Too bad. Latvia has many great players, especially forwards and goalies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Then there's Mueller with 1G 5A also. hmmm

Mueller played a very fair season considering his health problems. He was rubbish during the playoffs though. Not that his teammates were any better but still. As a countryman I was kinda disappointed.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Mueller played a very fair season considering his health problems. He was rubbish during the playoffs though. Not that his teammates were any better but still. As a countryman I was kinda disappointed.

Disappointed? If I were a countryman and a fan of Mueller, I would be pleasantly surprised to see him playing even somewhat decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad